What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2021

Dragons4me

Juniors
This was always going to happen. Up against a Bunnies side that looks like continuing on like they played a game last week. Once our forwards begin to gel and dominate the opposition in a game, I think there's opportunity there. Our halves aren't doing a great deal though. You'd hardly think they're out there at all.

denis preston

First Grade
I know we are shit but Souths on fire ( peaked too early ? ) Some of the laying the boot into griffin on here is laughable, particularly when they say Mcwrecker would do better !!!
We all knew we were playing a side that was one of the favourites so calm down FFS. One things for sure our coaches will get a lot out of this game. A long way to go everyone and the season hasn't even started, give the coaches a bloody chance.

Dragsters

First Grade
I really wanted to see if our defence had improved from last year, I hear we have been working on a specific defensive pattern that suits our players well I now have the answer, while Scoffs have had a lot of the ball our defence has not improved at all we are still making the same schoolboy errors. So depressing, not looking forward to the season like I was an hour ago.

Lots of work to be done. Combinations may take time. Let's hope not...

Dorsai

Juniors
There is a lot of back peddling. More than I think I have seen them ever do. That may be inexperience however. The backline is stopped at the 7, and 6. They are also compressed and wonder why south’s are going round them.

forwards so far are not much chop but not totally useless. They just need to man up an move forward.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Having no lock is a killer for us. Every top 8 hopeful have a lock that fits in with the quicker pace of the game with the new rules. I must say, our forward pack as a whole is probably the worst in the comp - having such a weak pack makes it really difficult to put in young players, particularly in the halves - they’re just on a hiding to nothing and probably not great for their confidence longer term

Maximus

Coach
Hence my outrage at our appalling recruitment or lack thereof.

Thought Griffin would come through with a broom instead he has added some slow broken friends of his,

Based on what history of his? His new signings after taking over the team that finished 11th were Sitaleki Akauola, Chris Grevshmuhl, Zak Hardaker, Peta Hiku, Suaia Matagi and Merrin.

At the Broncos he didn't do much more.

Dragons22

Juniors
I know we are shit but Souths on fire ( peaked too early ? ) Some of the laying the boot into griffin on here is laughable, particularly when they say Mcwrecker would do better !!!
We all knew we were playing a side that was one of the favourites so calm down FFS. One things for sure our coaches will get a lot out of this game. A long way to go everyone and the season hasn't even started, give the coaches a bloody chance.
In fairness to Mary. He didn’t let go of the clubs best player in McInnes and never coached a Charity shield game this shit. Griffin persists with Norman the dud. Mary wanted him dropped but couldn’t because of the selection committee.

SAP58

Juniors
DP we are just disappointed with the standard of play when the comp starts next week. Our defence should be a lot better than what has been shown in the first half. I agree talk of McGoose is rubbish, we are in this position thanks to him but it’s about attitude & I haven’t seen a significant change in attitude so far which is disappointing.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Second half...Saints first grade team vs Souffs reserve grade team and Souffs stroll over for another try...f**k me

Hook has had 3 months to work with these guys and appears to have just taken a huge step backwards. The lack of ambition in recruitment isn't helping either.
Remember when Bennett joined us and said " they're not a basket-case"....?
Well, we are now

Latest posts