1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Charity Shield 2021

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Nov 20, 2020.

1. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

Mary left this club in a mess...Griffin has inherited a shit fight...feel sorry for him..

2. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

no, I think we will do the Sharks...today was a good wake-up call..i remember 2010 Bennet lost all 4 trials...we needed a baseline evaluation of where we are as a team and we got it! way behind the premiership favourites IMO The Rabbits...Griffin and co will make some wholesale changes...Rava will come in for sure as a minimum.. geez we need a big prop

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  3. Number of the Beath

Number of the Beath Juniors

It's far from funny.
    My members pack should arrive next week. I'm going to give it 10 minutes in the microwave and send it back to them.

Mjab, This Year?, kit66 and 3 others like this.
  4. thebigredv

thebigredv Bench

From what I saw he actually went alright, actually our backs in general aware more impressive than anything that was happening in the middle. Which isn't really saying a whole lot.

Won't be long and the Dragon touch will rub off on him and he will be playing as pathetically as all the rest.

5. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Hope so mate but I wouldn't put my house on it.

6. Forbes Creek Dragons

Thats an excuse but its a long year and the only way to get better is find the best 17 and get the combinations going.

Gareth67 likes this.
  7. thebigredv

thebigredv Bench

Oh well.... add that to the pile of games never to re-watch.

Manly game last year and the Brisbane semis game. They're the only two games worth rewatching from the last 5 years.

8. Kylez3

Kylez3 Juniors

The whole club is a joke.

The Dragons are in serious, serious trouble and I'm not just talking about the on-field results either. From a holistic perspective, the situation is f**king dire.

This Year?, thebigredv, Tuddy and 2 others like this.
  9. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

Griffin farked himself for not recruiting anyone of note

Dragons22 likes this.
  10. Number of the Beath

Number of the Beath Juniors

We're a Chook Lotto club in a Powerball world.

Drakon and merahputih like this.
  11. hewi

hewi Juniors

A number of things for me tonight, Kerr back to prop, Ramsey and Rav the two wingers and Corey Norman just pay him out now don’t want to see him in the jersey again.

12. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

No injuries - good . Players have had a run against a quality side , but were found wanting as a team - most disappointing .

Has this flogging rammed home that they must improve and not return to their old ways - well if I were the coach I would be replaying this match (?) walkover to them every day until the beginning of the premiership proper .

Bad point - Captain Benny cannot afford to have a lousy game regardless if it is a trial or club match - a captain always performs, he is the example to the entire team .

One good thing to take out of the game is that they can only improve from here - how many of us will be saying to one another later in the season “ And to think that we all but wrote the boys off after losing the Charity Shield “ . :wink:

13. Forbes Creek Dragons

Our halves are so bad I'd have Clune and Sullivan ahead of them.

This Year? and hewi like this.
  14. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

In general, we were crap again. It was a trial and like all other teams some play blinders and others play dumb. In the first two trial games we played this year most of the players were juniors and hopefuls and we got done by other juniors and hopefuls in the Cronulla and Parramatta teams.

This trial against the Bunnies was always going to be a big win to them considering the class of players they have and even their reserve graders could mostly play first grade. Is there a salary crap (cap)?

I missed watching the first half but my Dragons supporter brother gave me a clue as to how we were going which made me wonder if I should watch the second half. I turned on Kayo and behold, we started to do something with the ball and we scored a couple after they started the rot. Then I realised that they had their reserve team on and when the camera panned to the Mitchells, Walkers, and co. on the sideline watching on, boy they looked like the premiers to me.

So in fairness, we came up against what is a very strong club in 2021 in Souths and in my opinion will be playing in the grand final. Yes, we need a massive improvement to win more games and that means being better defenders mainly as our attack is there.

I think we can do the Sharks in the first premiership game of 2021.

15. carltonsouth79

carltonsouth79 Bench

He did quite well with limited opportunities.

16. Forbes Creek Dragons

We will see more vs the Sharts, a team I doubt will make the 8. With the young inexperienced side we have we can't afford to drop games like that. I wouldn't say it is a must win but its pretty close. We won't be beating too many top 8 sides this year. I think we have to face the fact this is a rebuilding year.

17. hewi

hewi Juniors

Without a major step up from the forwards the sharks will do us.

18. BLM01

BLM01 First Grade

yeh he is was a bit timid early on.He got through it, will get better

Blood Shot Eyes likes this.
  19. Wizardman

Wizardman First Grade

I think the Dragons should isolate for a year.

Number of the Beath, kit66 and Crush like this.
  20. kit66

kit66 Juniors

Our forwards should be so lazy - Rava made 154 metres that's triple any of our forwards efforts except Lawrie ( but still more than double Lawries' ). He has to start ( he loves smashing Sharks ).

I'm yet to see the game but the highlights were ugly, the defence worse than last year, no cohesion at all just holes out wide left and right, embarrassing stuff. Still making lots of Errors and Possession 63% to our 37% gives you no hope. And why the hell was Kerr in the back row fmd has Hook been reading this forum or maybe he called Mary for some advice.

2 weeks to fix that sh*t up, I'm not confident even though we usually do well against the Sharkies.