What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield On Channel 9

H

Hass

I am the bearer of good news. It seems as though Channel 9 will be showing the sell-out game live with Foxtel showing a replay directly after. Here is an excerpt from today's Herald...
<hr>
<u>Rabbitohs' return set for live TV coverage </u>&lt;/HEADLINE>&lt;CAPT>&lt;/CAPT> &lt;WOF>&lt;/WOF> &lt;BYLINE>By Brad Walter &lt;/BYLINE> [/I][/B]&lt;BOD>South Sydney's return in next month's Charity Shield match is set to be shown live by Channel 9 after generating unprecedented interest for a pre-season trial. With the final tickets for the resurrected annual clash with St George Illawarra selling yesterday morning, the Rabbitohs will make their comeback before a capacity Sydney Football Stadium crowd and both Channel9 and Foxtel have expressed interest in televising the match. National Rugby League commercial radio rights holder 2GB has already announced plans to call the February 16 game, but officials insist that no television deal has yet been finalised. However, a Foxtel spokesman said yesterday that the pay-TV operator was expecting Nine to screen the game live. Foxtel would then follow with a replay immediately afterwards, he said. "Considering that the game is still four weeks away and it's only a trial, the level of interest is unbelievable," Souths chief executive Paul Dunn said. "People are now asking why we're not playing at Stadium Australia but there's never been a sell-out for a pre-season match before." <hr> If you ask me that's a good result for both League and the fans. P.S. I think Channel 9 will be on a winner too! Cheers.

LittleBunny

Juniors
Well Hass I just hope that we get the match seen up here in Queensland - home of the stinking Broncos and their constant whinging of how hard done by they are. They'll want their smelly old pre-season matches broadcast as well no doubt and won't be happy as usual until they get what they want.

They make me feel embarrassed to be called a Queemslander.

Go the Bunnies!!! I've been a waiting for a long long time for this!!!!

This is absolutely great news for Rugby League and a great boost for the sport in general, mainly in Australia and New South Wales.

You never know, even Sky Sports might jump in for the rights on this one.

rj.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
RJ:
The news is that both the Nine network and Fox are showing it live so I if I were you, I'd be writing letters to Sky who must have access to it.

Latest posts