What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chase Stanley

Dragooner

Bench
Stanley and Setu have played representitive footy at an under 19 level but as far as I am concerned, that means nothing really. They can still choose to play for the Kiwis.

I think that Rangi will play for NZ no questions asked!

brendothejet

First Grade
Well Chase Stanley was drinking at the meridien the other night so that automatically qualifies him as a Kiwi - particularly seeing as he was also at hill st...

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Rangi Chase was picked in the kiwis squad last year but missed the final cut, so he should be in again this year. I also read in the Sunday Papers yesterday that kiwis coach Gary Kemble made a visit to Rangi Chase, Chase Stanley and Kris Inu to tell them they will be a part of the kiwis this year or next year. So fingers crossed it looks as though Stanley will be in the black & white.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
We all know Rangi Chase is shoe-in for this years tour - surely. Betcha they'll use him as a halfback though. They are picking a squad of 25 players. He can play 6,7 or 9.

Stanley - who knows?? it could be worth while taking him on tour and playing in him in one game or so for the experience but at the same time it might be beneficial for Stanley to stay back and have a big offseason etc. I dare say they might have told him he's in their plans for the world cup etc.

Inu - well he a shoe-in for starting 13.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Saint Dragon said:
Stanley, Setu and Florence are all eligible for both NZ and Oz.

In my opinion.

If all 3 reach international level (Stanley and Florence are shoe-ins) Stanley will choose Australia and NSW over NZ, Florence will play for Aus/NSW but I think Lagi would be a queenslander.

I''l go against that and say that both Stanley and 'Florence" will represent NZ.

News coming sounds good that both Stanley and 'Florence' will be representing NZ in the near future.

petetheileet

First Grade
i dont think Nightingale will ever play at an international level...i could see Lagi and Chase playing for the Kiwis though

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
petetheileet said:
i dont think Nightingale will ever play at an international level...i could see Lagi and Chase playing for the Kiwis though

Well Darryl Halligan played international and you will see Luke Covell name added to the kiwi train on squad.

Nightingale mite be added to kiwis train on squad. There been a few injuries to kiwi outside backs.

Ellis if he gets some good game time next season will be up for selection.

Dragooner

Bench
Ellis is better than Woolford by a mile!!!

And is it just me or does Woolford choose the wrong option 99% of the time?

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Read in an article that new Kiwis Coach Gary Kemble has already approached some players in a visit to Australia last week, to inform Kiwi hopefuls that they are in the frame of selection if not this year definately next year. 3 big names that came out of those players were Rangi Chase, Isaac Luke and Chase Stanley.

SilverSteeler

Juniors
And is it just me or does Woolford choose the wrong option 99% of the time?

Spot on there, Woolford was alright before he got injured but has been sh*t since.
The only thing he is good at is whinging to the ref and blowing up the younger players.

SilverSteeler

Juniors
And I hope Rangi Chase gets a spot in the final 17 for the Kiwis. He might end up alongside his old mate Marshall in the halves.

Also I think Nightingale has potential to play for the Kiwis, not this year though.

RedVDave

First Grade
SilverSteeler said:
Spot on there, Woolford was alright before he got injured but has been sh*t since.
The only thing he is good at is whinging to the ref and blowing up the younger players.

lol he only played 2 games before he got injured! Call me crazy but I for one would love to see Woolford in the Red V next year.

SilverSteeler

Juniors
lol he only played 2 games before he got injured

Exactly!

He doesn't seem to fit in with the team for some reason. His defense is solid, always getting involved around the ruck and he provides experience.

But in attack he choses the wrong options, he provides no surprises for the opposing defense therefore they can act faster and shut down our attack.

Maybe it will take a full offseason to blend in with the team, I hope.

Dragooner

Bench
In attack, far too often, he'll be in dummy half, tackle 3, we have overlap down one side of the field, the crowds screaming to go right, but out of dummy half he pushes out to the left and plays a grubber through which goes dead in goal, and you think, wtf!?!?!?!?

That's hapened numerous occasions, and most of the time early in the set!!! (not tackles 4 or 5)

Father Ted

First Grade
I think he's had a difficult year , injuries have prevented him from forming combinations with the rest of the team . He also has the distinction of being the only player I can remember to have his head split open by a linesmen .

SilverSteeler

Juniors
Father Ted said:
I think he's had a difficult year , injuries have prevented him from forming combinations with the rest of the team . He also has the distinction of being the only player I can remember to have his head split open by a linesmen .

Why don't we have more touchys of that ability? :sarcasm: