What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chelsea F.C. Thread - 2009/10

The Tank

Bench
Yeh didn't understand the booing myself. I'm a JT fan but Bridgey is an ex player and he did nothing wrong. Pretty disappointed with our supporters.

Eddie.

Bench
What a pathetic and shambolic display with the opportunity to stay 4 points clear. I have defended John Terry being a fierce Chelsea fan and recognising his outstanding leadership over the years. However his from since the scandal has been very poor. This makes me angry. Once these things off the field start to affect on field performances the fans have a right to be angry at their captain.

How a club like Chelsea can have a guy like Hilario as number 2 is unacceptable. He was a average number 3, but being a number 2 is suicide. He was pathetic yesterday, just hapless.

Booing of Wayne Bridge was boorish behaviour. I can assure you most intelligent and normal Chelsea fans clapped him when he was substituted. Not clapped him because they felt sorry for him over this scandal. But clapped him for his service to Chelsea over the years, especially considering his forever memorable winning goal at Highbury, and the amount of time he stayed as a number 2 left back.

skeepe

Immortal
What are Chelsea fans' opinions on Michael Ballack?

For mine, there is no more selfish player in the game. Lucky not to have been sent off earlier in the game for an obscene gesture towards the linesman, he acted like a self-important, petulant wanker all game, culminating with that ridiculous, unnecessary tackle to get sent off.

Teams just can't afford to carry such selfish players anymore, and while it's not the only reason you lost today, this sort of an attitude is the kind of thing that can spread like a cancer throughout the club and needs to be nipped in the bud.

I really can't see how Ballack continues to be a Chelsea player, or what he brings to the team apart from petulance, selfishness, and a lack of respect for officials that is far, far lower than the already low levels in the game.

Eddie.

Bench
Never been a huge fan of Ballack. Plays like a bit of a stroller. Lacks pace, and can be cynical like yesterday.

He is not the only one though. We have an ageing side with quite a few players in the same boat as Ballack - in the twilight and over the hill. Whilst the likes of Drogba and Lampard continue to be excellent, fellow 30+ players like Ballack, Deco, Belletti, Ferreria are becoming less and less effective.

Mong

Post Whore
Booing of Wayne Bridge was boorish behaviour. I can assure you most intelligent and normal Chelsea fans clapped him when he was substituted. Not clapped him because they felt sorry for him over this scandal. But clapped him for his service to Chelsea over the years, especially considering his forever memorable winning goal at Highbury, and the amount of time he stayed as a number 2 left back.

There was booing at the start when he didn't shake his hand as well..

What did they really expect.. Fortunately he was professional enough not to do anything silly to Terry.. I imagine it would have been difficult.

The Tank

Bench
Good win over the Hammers (Mong ;-) ). Malouda was brilliant. Didi with a double aswell. Inter up next, can't see us winning but I'm hopeful.

Mong

Post Whore
Zola put out a shocking team. I can't figure out what he was trying to do there and Spector seemed more concerned about the central defenders and let Malouda do what ever he wanted.

Those few goal towards then end made it a fair result given what was happening on the field.

Am getting a bit tired of Zolas f*ck ups though.

The Tank

Bench
Gotta agree regarding Zola. When I read your lineup I was smiling... I was seriously worried heading into this game. Very relieved - great goal (and game) from Scotty Parker aswell.

half

Coach
Have Fake Madrid ever in their history developed a player of their own?
raul, casillas, guti

anyway, as a chelsea fan, i've been thinking about how inter could beat us. the fact is they have better players in every position. cesar is the best goalkeeper in the world. we just don't have shot-stoppers like him in england. maicon is the best fullback in the world. i could go on and on. their defense is so good that materazzi warms the bench. he's a world cup hero. eto'o, unlike drogba, performs when it counts

i wish our beloved chelsea could be more like the superior inter of the serie a

Jason Maher

Immortal
It's not over yet - just gotta roll us at OT and hope Le Arse slip up somewhere. I'm certainly not counting any chickens.

Latest posts