What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chelsea Staring XI

Tidus_Raider

Bench
With all the signings who would be your starting XI be? IMO:

4-4-2

Cudicini
Johnson
Desaily
Terry
Bridge
Veron
Makelele
Lampard
Duff
Mutu
Crespo

It shows the depth with Hasselbank, Gudjonson, Gronkaer, Cole, Geremi and Galas left out.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
-------------------Cudicini-------------------

---Bridge----Terry----Gallas----Johnson---

---Veron---Lampard----Makelele---Duff---

------------Mutu--------Hasselbaink---------

That's how I would line them up...if I were a Chelsea fan. Veron, Lampard and Makelele would effectively be a 3 man central midfield, with Duff roaming from side to side.

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
Mad Duck said:
-------------------Cudicini-------------------

---Bridge----Terry----Gallas----Johnson---

---Veron---Lampard----Makelele---Duff---

------------Mutu--------Hasselbaink---------

Thats all good except Johnson and Bridge need to swap to be in their right positions and Desailly is the only other that deserves a spot being captain and all infront of Gallas

Craig

Juniors
Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt Chelsea buy Geremi off Real Madrid this season?

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Aussie_Knight said:
Thats all good except Johnson and Bridge need to swap to be in their right positions and Desailly is the only other that deserves a spot being captain and all infront of Gallas
Oops. :oops: I don't know why but I always think Bridge is a right back for some reason.

As for Desailly, I think he is starting to show his age. But please, keep playing him so Gallas gets annoyed and wants to leave. I'd love to have him at Man Utd. :twisted:

Chelsea bought Geremi from Real, and then went and bought Makelele, the man who was keeping him out of the Real team and will now keep him out of the Chelsea team.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Tidus_Raider said:
hybrid_tiger said:
The Greatest Brain said:
and what a waste of cash that was.

Why?

Paying someone on an inflated contract that is hardly going to get any pitch time unless of injuries isn't a waste to you? :?

Not when your Roman Abramovich it isnt.

WTF does he care if Geremi ends up being a dud buy. He'll just go out and buy someone else. No big loss.

And I think Geremi is a good player.

still makes it a waste of cash regardless of how much money he has.
if he burnt cash at the fire place instead of wood it would be a waste of money would it not? Regardless of how much he has.
Deary me, the bloke doesn't even know what country he is from so for him to grasp the concept of wasting money may be a little too advanced?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Greatest Brain said:
still makes it a waste of cash regardless of how much money he has.
if he burnt cash at the fire place instead of wood it would be a waste of money would it not? Regardless of how much he has.
Deary me, the bloke doesn't even know what country he is from so for him to grasp the concept of wasting money may be a little too advanced?

It might be wasting money, but in his eyes, WTF would the guy care. He is worth billions. Buying Geremi is loose change for him.

I didn't say he would care, I said it would be a waste of money, YOU said it wouldn't be, as he was so rich, yet I proved it was still a waste of money.
And a little side note, people who have billions of pounds do not get them because they waste and fritter away money.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Greatest Brain said:
I didn't say he would care, I said it would be a waste of money, YOU said it wouldn't be, as he was so rich, yet I proved it was still a waste of money.
And a little side note, people who have billions of pounds do not get them because they waste and fritter away money.

No, they get them through investment. Can you imagine how much money Chelsea will be worth after 1 or 2 years under Abramovich??

Craig

Juniors
When Crespo, Mutu and Makelele learn English, Chelsea will be a better side. I'm not having a go at them, it's true, they dont speak any English.

It must be annoying for the players when Raneri has to give the team talk in English, then in Spanish and then Italian.

Thankfully for him, plenty of the players speak Italian (Cudicini, Veron, Crespo, Mutu). And Raneri's English is not flash.

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
Craig said:
When Crespo, Mutu and Makelele learn English, Chelsea will be a better side. I'm not having a go at them, it's true, they dont speak any English.

It must be annoying for the players when Raneri has to give the team talk in English, then in Spanish and then Italian.

Thankfully for him, plenty of the players speak Italian (Cudicini, Veron, Crespo, Mutu). And Raneri's English is not flash.

The only trouble would be the english guys not being able to communicate with them - as basically everyone else has played in spain, france or italy

Craig

Juniors
So if Ambravich (sp) hasnt enrolled them into English lessons, I will wonder what is wrong with him, it isnt as they he cant afford it.

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
I think they would be working on the communication issues - and i'd say the whole team would be involved in helping them improve as well as making the effort (english guys) to learn some italian or spanish to make it easier in the time being to help communicate on the field and in training.

Latest posts