What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choc rumours AGAIN!!

jed

First Grade
as much as i hate to say it but this is an Elliott for sure - Bulgarelli is lightyears ahead of Ale, especially in attack.

I think it's fairly safe to say that you're on your own there, pete, but at least you're entitled to your opinion. :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ale will play 3 games, all with 10 minutes spurts
he will do nothing as most of that 10 minutes we will not have the ball due to a game plan that revolves on our shit defence and lack of attack

he will then be banished to PL......... FOREVER!!

thanks for your time

Edwahu

Bench
I reckon we would have spent a bit to get Ale and I would say he will be in the top 25. Provided he goes ok in the trials I would be suprised if he wasnt given a go pretty quickly.

Alley-Tovio is a simmilar build to Monas and we did ok with him. Apparently he is moving down so he can concentrate a hundred percent on footy, which is a good sign.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Ale looked pretty damn good to me........ more impressive than Boogs anyway!

That isn't all that hard...... Ale will be a sensation, Canberra are starting to recruit again how they did in the late 80's early 90's buying talent and progressing them through

peter_raiders

Juniors
Quote:
as much as i hate to say it but this is an Elliott for sure - Bulgarelli is lightyears ahead of Ale, especially in attack.

I think it's fairly safe to say that you're on your own there, pete, but at least you're entitled to your opinion.

I knew that didn't sound right. I was actually meant to say that Elliot's opinion is that Bulgarelli is ahead of Ale especially in attack...Seems you misinterpreted me and believed that someone could actually think Bulgarelli is better than anyone as an attacking centre :lol:

sydraider

First Grade
I agree with legend, i think macca is on his way out, damn shame really but with all the talent comong through in all departments in the backline, macca would have to have a special season in 2005 to keep himself there, i can see him playing in england in the not so distant future.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I'll stick by thinking McLinden will have a (c) next to his name in the future...
This year he has played with a diff guy in the 7 or 6 jersey every week. I think once we get a number 7 in there who played all 26 rounds, with McLinden, they will be able to work together better...which will allow McLinden to get comfortable and reach his full potential..

Kris_man

Bench
peter_raiders said:
The Howell brothers :lol: - How on earth are they going to get a spot in our team. Good luck to em.
I've never seen Michael play, bit I think David Howell is a really top player, easily good enough for firsts. I'm surprised he didn't get more of a run in firsts for the Dragons - maybe they didn't want to play a youngster who had already signed somewhere else. Whenever I look at the Dragons PL scorecards, i see D Howell's name in the tryscorers list, i reckon he'd have scored a ton of tries this year. i'll try to find out exactly how many.He's the type of player who can run the length of the field to score a try, and we lack players with that kind of pace. he's great under the high ball too.

and on Ale: Elliott wouldn't be doing anything outrageous if he kept him out of firsts next year. he'll start the year in PL, and if he gets heaps of tries and really impresses early, then he might get his chance in firsts if there's an injury. i can't see it happening though, with all the depth we have.

Kris_man

Bench
ok, turns out he only scored 14 tries in PL, but in those 14 tries were 5 doubles. i still rate him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Kris_man said:
ok, turns out he only scored 14 tries in PL, but in those 14 tries were 5 doubles. i still rate him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
nicely played Kris Man
i havnt seen him enough to give my veiws but he seems to be a good enough back up

Kris_man

Bench
With all the depth we're gonna have next year, there should be no need for the nevilles we've had to put up with in the past such as Thompson, Robertson and Bulgarelli.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Kris_man said:
With all the depth we're gonna have next year, there should be no need for the nevilles we've had to put up with in the past such as Thompson, Robertson and Bulgarelli.

amen to that
thomo might still get a run thakns to a lean prop depth

Kris_man

Bench
Raider_69 said:
thomo might still get a run thakns to a lean prop depth

our prop depth is fine: cross, weyman, o'hara. miller will likely be used as a prop too. if we get desperate, we can put Howell, Hindmarsh or Hodgson there. but pleeeeeeeeeeeasssssssssseeeeee no Thommo!!!!

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Thomo has had great games this year, I don't know what some of you have been smoking....I think some of you fail to appreciate when a player puts in alot of effort week in week out, and fail to see a improvement in his game just because his career started off with a few bad games...

Kris_man

Bench
Thomo has had great games this year, I don't know what some of you have been smoking
:lol: :lol: nah, he had a couple of good games mid-season, but then he went back to his normal, average self. he gets driven back almost every hit-up, and is slow off his feet in defence. the most important things for a forward are size, speed and aggression, and Thommo has none of those. seriously 2005, compare him to the props in the leading teams: O'Meley, Clinton, Lang, Rauhihi...there's no comparison. Thompson is not good enough to be a regular part of a leading NRL side. an average NRL side, maybe, but not a leading one.

Latest posts