What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris and Nathan Armit

Dogaholic

First Grade
Im suprised there has been no mention/discussion about this. As you all know we have signed these two youngesters.

Chris has played for the Australian Schoolboys, the NSW U/19’s and the Junior Kangaroos

So he seems to be a very good prospect. As does his younger brother...

Nathan Armit is also a Front Row/Second Row prospect, having played Australian Schoolboys and being named S G Ball Player of the Year.

I was worried about who will fill the void in our foward pack over the next few seasons. I have not seen these youngsters play, but they sound great.

Please free feel to comment on them and discuss what ever.

Cheers,
IADW

wogdog

Juniors
whats your source
iv heard nothing about us signing them i know we were after them, but thats about it

The General

Juniors
Phillips said:
:clap: thanks for taking Chris off our hands, he's done nothing for us

Just like Willie Tonga who also did nothing for Parra. :lol:

Anyone know how Nathan went in the Australian Schoolboys match ?

The Colonel

Immortal
The Schoolboys lost for the first time on Australian soil. Armit scored a try to get them back in to the match but they lost in the end.

Nathans doin well training with the premier league down at the bulldogs now at the age of 18.....his os solid size and will probably start in the jersey flegg side of 2005 but could very well advance to the premier league squad and further...a quality buy for the dogs is nathan armit

JK

Chris can join Willie and Andrew in the 'look at what Brian missed this time' club

8)

We also signed another guy with a polish name from Broncos didn't we?

bulldogs = #1

Juniors
They will both play a role in 2005s first grade side at some stage.. at what capacity i'm not too sure.. both seem good prospects.. and if theres one club that can develop talent it's canterbury.

Dog-E

Juniors
JK said:
Chris can join Willie and Andrew in the 'look at what Brian missed this time' club

8)

We also signed another guy with a polish name from Broncos didn't we?

Yep - Ben Czislowski (Think i spelled that right?! :? )

Cant honestly say i noticed him last season, tho he played several 1st grade games for the Broncs when they were down on troops during SoO time, and otherwise played strongly for the Toowoomba Clydesdales all season long - A fine, no-nonsense, yet skilful ball-playing front rower from all reports I have heard!...One thng I know 4 sure - our recruitment officers ain't mugs - so he MUST have something good going 4 him!! 8)

Dog-E

Juniors
Driver said:
:clap: thanks for taking Chris off our hands, he's done nothing for us

:lol:

Ahhh thanks champ! :lol: He's only your Jersey Flegg Player of The Year from 2004! :lol: Ahhhh - But let's humour you for a second, shall we?...So he didn't perform for Brian Smith, eh!??..Well - what a surpise, huh!?...LOL - Mate - he most certainly is NOT the lone ranger there!...But no fear - He'll no doubt be doing something for US though - very soon too, if history can be used as a guide! 8)

Sit back, watch & LEARN how it's done - how to actually stick by your players with potential, and develop them individually Eels - yet again!!! :lol:

MrT

Juniors
I'll tell you 1st hand that Chris Armit is a good foward with alot of potential.
He wasn't given an opportunity, Brian prefered the "fitness machine" Corey Pearson. I constantly was pissed off when Armit wasn't selected and when he was he only played 10-15 mins.
Letting him and his brother go was a big mistake as they are talented and local juniors. Good luck with them, they will serve you well

atomic_crimson

Juniors
its the players brian smith rejects...that help make the doggies the best!!

so the dogs are more than happy to take the armits off you.. . esp with the doggies recent track record of turning ur discards into stars

Dog-E

Juniors
RB30DETT said:
That was Nathan, not Chris

Yeah, Nathan/Chris...wahtever - whichever is the the younger one!...theyre all just faceless Armits to me at the moment, i must admit! :p

All i knows about 'em is what I've been told! And the Parra fans whose opinions I actually believe & trust, all speak VERY highly of the pair of 'em!...And I also know our club wouldn't have touched them with a barge-pole if they didn't display at least...something a bit special!! 8)

RB30DETT

Juniors
I have heard that Chris was the strongest player at the Eels, could an Eels supporter back that claim up ?

PB

Bench
You would have to define strongest? I would find it rather hard to believe, although possible.

The difference between the improvement in Tonga, and what some of you are presuming will happen with Chris, is that Chris oozed potential then broke his leg badly in 2003. As a result now he has zero leg drive when taking the ball up and has no speed in defence and thus cant stay on the field long as he can't keep up with the defensive line.

RB30DETT

Juniors
Able to bench is own weight the most times.

While your here PB, I will ask you if it was true that both brothers left because the Eels only wanted to keep just 1 of them?