What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Anderson has to go

The Vern

Juniors
Any one who still beleives that Kimmorley deserves the halfback position should be shot! Errors by him directly lead to the NZ's first 2 tries. First he gives away a stupid penelty for a high shot when they were near the end of the tackle count. They score directly of the next play (i think, might have been 1 or 2 plays later). Then he doesnt even attempt to help rickotson in a tackle. Ricketson went low on the NZ player while Kimmorley just stood next to him doing nothing. The NZ player was able to offload and they went wide and scored. When Gower went on i knew Kimmorley wasnt going of. It was ridiculous. He did nothing (except screw up) the whole game. On two consecutive sets of six he didnt even touch the ball till the lastr tackle and that was to kick the ball. Thats ridiculous, the half back should atleast touch the ball once and atleast try get the backs involved. When we scored the first try my sister summed up Chris Anderson very well. As Fitzgibbon lined up the shot she said "I wonder why Kimmorley isnt kicking" and with Anderson as coach im suprised that he not only wasnt he kicking for goal but not also captain!

Matt23

Staff member
Anyone that thinks Kimmorley should be the side, should be shot?...Bullets will be flying in the shire then :lol:

Doctor

Bench
I must admit that I didn't see the game, but it spells interesting news:

Firstly: Chris Anderson's coaching ability is manifest in his performance with the Sharks and for Australia. Picking sides based on personal friendship sets a worrying precedent that has backfired bigtime.

Secondly: It sparks a renewed interest in international rugby league. While one victory against an under-strengthed Australian side doesn't mean international league is competitive again, it does perhaps point towards the possibility of finally having a competitive international game. Union is killing League big-time - this loss for Australia should be seen as a victory for international league - a minor, but life-giving blip on the old heart-rate machine for the game.

Thirdly: The loss of Johns, Kennedy and Tahu among other big names from elsewhere, is an interesting factor. I find it interesting Australia lose when so many big names aren't there.

Then again, you just don't lose to NZ with such a quality bulk of players - the trouble was: they picked the wrong players - too many duds like Hegarty and Mason, and not enough grunt and quality.

New Zealand were down a number of players as well. Namely Stacey Jones. But that's all irrelevent, the preperation and poor bench named was the undoing.

Voice of Reason

Juniors
There is little doubt that NZ are improving for a range of reasons, but, you cannot go past the obvious that the style the Kangaroos played simply didnt work. The Anderson/Kimmorley "flat style" is now old hat. When you are up against a hugh mobile team this style makes you ineffectual. I hold the coach totally responsible. NZ were good- but who would have expected anything else. The Kangaroos were very poor. Players that have consistently throughout the season produced good go-forward didnt do so on the game- why? Is it because they all simultaneously lost their ability- NOT!! I'll tell you why- because the Anderson style( the one that worked so well at Cronulla this year), didnt permit them to play that way. The team looked like they were running in mud in attack. In defense, the story was equally bad. NZ used a sliding defense and consistently created overlaps. DeVere and Heagarty were pathetic in defense and Minichello was "doing a Chris Walker" and coming in from his wing leaving space there. I cannot believe that ALL OF THESE PLAYERS LOST THEIR ABILITY AND SKILLS ON THE ONE DAY. To me it's obvious- Anderson, his style and selection policy, was the sole reason for our defeat. TIME FOR HIM TO GO- NOW!!!!!

~bedsy~

First Grade
Voice of Reason said:
There is little doubt that NZ are improving for a range of reasons, but, you cannot go past the obvious that the style the Kangaroos played simply didnt work. The Anderson/Kimmorley "flat style" is now old hat. When you are up against a hugh mobile team this style makes you ineffectual. I hold the coach totally responsible. NZ were good- but who would have expected anything else. The Kangaroos were very poor. Players that have consistently throughout the season produced good go-forward didnt do so on the game- why? Is it because they all simultaneously lost their ability- NOT!! I'll tell you why- because the Anderson style( the one that worked so well at Cronulla this year), didnt permit them to play that way. The team looked like they were running in mud in attack. In defense, the story was equally bad. NZ used a sliding defense and consistently created overlaps. DeVere and Heagarty were pathetic in defense and Minichello was "doing a Chris Walker" and coming in from his wing leaving space there. I cannot believe that ALL OF THESE PLAYERS LOST THEIR ABILITY AND SKILLS ON THE ONE DAY. To me it's obvious- Anderson, his style and selection policy, was the sole reason for our defeat. TIME FOR HIM TO GO- NOW!!!!!
I couldn't agree more with what your wrote... The forwards were not working as hard as what they normally would and I thought that was very weird.. I knew straight away that the forwards weren't doing their job.
I couldn't believe they were coming in off their wings either.. I mean you have to know to stay on your wing.. I thought it would be quite simple to comprehend.

Big Tim

First Grade
2 reasons why we didnt win.

1: Ando's flat style of play. There was no go-forward, it was horrible. One player who on paper had a good game was Kearns, but in reality it was the worst effort I had seen from a starting Prop, let alone a vice captain. He averages around 8-9 metres a Hit-up, yet he does nothing. I will explain. He gets the ball off the kick-off and runs it back 15-20 metres. So the next 3 times he takes it up he only needs 5 metres. 20 metres + 15 metres off 4 hitups is around 9 metres. See what I am getting at? Stats can make an ordinary player look really good. On the other hand Webcke was great.

2: NZ's Rooster style defence. This worked a treat against the "flat style". Kimmorley would throw a ball to the second receiver and he would be surrounded as there was no depth. It was a joke and any normal coach would have seen what the Kiwis were doing and had a deep backline and put guys through gaps that were opened up by the defence rushing up.

I agree with everyone in this thread. Ando has to go. But why is everyone looking at Ricky for the job? Why not give it to a guy that has no players of his own in the squad. Graeme Murray aint a bad coach, look at what hes done with the Roosters and most recently the Cowboys.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Big Tim2 said:
But why is everyone looking at Ricky for the job? Why not give it to a guy that has no players of his own in the squad. Graeme Murray aint a bad coach, look at what hes done with the Roosters and most recently the Cowboys.
The ARL are thinking of giving it to Bennett.

antonius

Coach
Graeme Murray would be a good choice IMO, but the word around is that it has been decided some time ago that Stuart will get the job.

tigermite

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
I agree with everyone in this thread. Ando has to go. But why is everyone looking at Ricky for the job? Why not give it to a guy that has no players of his own in the squad. Graeme Murray aint a bad coach, look at what hes done with the Roosters and most recently the Cowboys.
Sing is in the squad, so that would go out the window. In reality, that is unworkable, as new players are coming into the squad regularly, which would mean changing coaches just as regularly.

The best, and IMO the only option, is to have somone that is not coaching any club side, or linked to any club side (i.e. still working for them) to coach the Australian side. Until that happens, there will always be people saying so and so was only picked because of who they play for. I for one won't be happy if Stuart, or any other NRL coach, is given the job, which I suppose means I won't be happy when they select the next coach :x

Big Tim

First Grade
I forgot about Sing. Oh well. What I mean is that we need a coach who we know isnt biased to any players, just wants to win with who hes got. Either that or the coach has no choice in the side, a panel, like the ARL picks, and he coaches what he is given. Surely the coaches and players of this calibur can deal with this sort of out look.

Andy

First Grade
Without mentioning any names to be safe and keep reputations safe, I spoke to one of the Sharks' first grade players last week and he said that he hopes Anderson gets the sack from the Sharks.

He said he can't stand him and his nepitism towards his sons and his favourite Kimmorley.