What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Anderson's comments

JasonE

Bench
He commented on how small the England A team was, which was very lightweight but who knows, maybe that is the way to play the Aussies, by having these pacy, skilful halves running the big forwards off their feet, definitely something for GB to consider.

JasonE

Bench
"It's a dangerous game when they play it like that,'' the Australia coach, Chris Anderson, said. "It was like turning the clock back 20 years." In fact, you have to go back further for Australia to look so troubled by the pace of British half-backs

vbfg

Juniors
JasonE said:
He commented on how small the England A team was, which was very lightweight but who knows, maybe that is the way to play the Aussies, by having these pacy, skilful halves running the big forwards off their feet, definitely something for GB to consider.

My perfect half back pairing prior to last night was Deacon and Long. I'm not convinced at all now cos if anything was proven last night it's that the Aussies don't like it up 'em, and Deacon ain't the quickest player on the pitch. Trouble is, last night is one of the few times I've seen Burrow start and finish a game. He's notoriously quick but usually he comes on in the second half to take advantage of tiring teams.

Deacon and Long I suspect were Waite's choice originally too, it'l be interesting to see if he throws caution to the wind.

Gleeson and McGuire are near certainties after last night.

SFW

Juniors
vbfg said:
Gleeson and McGuire are near certainties after last night.

Agreed. Burrow was OK, but he made a half break after about 3 minutes and Australia had him handled after that I thought.

McGuire should get the bench spot (in place of Horne probably) and I think Gleeson has solved our problem at right centre. Can't see anyone else from that team forcing their way in.