What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Heighington

c2105909

Juniors
Apparently the tigers have told him that he wont be in their top 25 next year and he his ready to move on. They were willing to keep him but as he isn't going to be in the top 25 he is prepared to take up another offer. This is coming from a mate of mine who plays for the Umina Bunnies (Heighington's junior club).

HappyTiger

Juniors
doesnt suprise me.He only wants a one year deal which the club isnt prepared to give him.Will be a hard one to let go.

innsaneink

Referee
Its one thing for Orford.......who can dictate terms becoz hes an elite level player.

Who else will sign a reserve grader to a one year deal?

Hold off till the very last second then if he still wants a 12 monther give it to him.....CC wont get in...GC will.

HappyTiger

Juniors
the club should at most give hime a 1yr deal with an option.i can understand his desire to play for the central coast team but considering he was thrown his opportunity by Wests Tigers i would have expected a bit of consideration from him.

jirskyr

Juniors
Heighno has had plenty of chances to cement his position, yet hasn't overly impressed. He's not a bad footballer for sure, but personally I'd like to see someone like Jeff Lima have a go ahead of him. Lima hasn't had as much opportunity and is a bit more exciting.

Plus we have signed 1/2 new forwards.

I'm not phased if he stays or goes.

simon says

First Grade
jirskyr said:
Heighno has had plenty of chances to cement his position, yet hasn't overly impressed. He's not a bad footballer for sure, but personally I'd like to see someone like Jeff Lima have a go ahead of him. Lima hasn't had as much opportunity and is a bit more exciting.

Agree completely....has had planty of chance to impress and hasnt done so.We have better coming in and Lima would have to rate better than Rhino.No great loss IMHO.

Cheers.

TIGERPies

Juniors
simon says said:
jirskyr said:

Agree completely....has had planty of chance to impress and hasnt done so.We have better coming in and Lima would have to rate better than Rhino.No great loss IMHO.

Cheers.

Dam we lost a reserve grader :shock:

Disco Tiger

Juniors
He will end up back at Umina Bunnies. Whose to say he will play first grade for Central Coast if they get in. It's his loss.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah if that the case then Heigho would be silly to do so, but like you guys said, thats his loss. Be a shame to see him go though, he's a real goer and has plenty of first grade potential.

jilliby kitty

Juniors
umm it's nothing new to me .i've seen more football talent on the coast in the last 3 months than people with season tickets in the big smoke

Mighty Tiger

Bench
c2105909 said:
Apparently the tigers have told him that he wont be in their top 25 next year and he his ready to move on. They were willing to keep him but as he isn't going to be in the top 25 he is prepared to take up another offer. This is coming from a mate of mine who plays for the Umina Bunnies (Heighington's junior club).

Actually if he was smart he would of been the chioce was his in the first place.

We offered him a 2yr deal in which he said he didn't and that he would only agree to a 1yr deal (mainly because of the CC bid) and rightfully so we said no chance - we gave him over 2mths to try and change his tune and well of course we have now signed Merideth, Stapelton and resigned Lima so more fool him I say!!!

Wrighty79

Juniors
He will be a loss time will prove that, but we can't let these young guys dictate terms to us. That goes for all of our young guys - Benji included. We must be seen as a no non-sense club.