What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris McKenna and Brett Dallas to Souths.

iggy plop

First Grade
Both great players once upon a time, but are they too old?

I think a fit Mckenna could be a great buy. Has anyone seen him in action in the ESL lately?

Better signings than bloody Joe Galuvao. I million over three years for that injured hack is a discgrace. Richo should hang his head. Almost as bad as the Treyy Hill signing... er maybe not. Injury-prone Joe would have been a worthy signing on 100k a year.

White Poiner

Coach
mckenna, was great when he played for the sharks, consistant QLD and Austrailan rep.

I herd he has been playing not well in england, lost alot of pace. May be used as a foward like he used to be.

Big Mick

Referee
Galuvao is still a NZ representative...he is a prover performer.

he's have injury drama's this season.

He'll be good for souths.

iggy plop

First Grade
white pointer! said:
mckenna, was great when he played for the sharks, consistant QLD and Austrailan rep.

I herd he has been playing not well in england, lost alot of pace. May be used as a foward like he used to be.

Dallas and McKenna would be the other side of 30 so it's a bit of a concern, but they are experienced, talented players.

Paying that much for Galuvao worries me. He is getting more than what Anasta is going to be on at the Roosters. He'll be on over 80k more a season than Ashley Harrison. f**king crazy.

iggy plop

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
Galuvao is still a NZ representative...he is a prover performer.

he's have injury drama's this season.

He'll be good for souths.

That NZ rep rubbish doesn't wash with me. There are plenty of hacks that were once 'NZ reps'. Tasesa Lavea was also a 'NZ rep'

I just don't think paying over 300k a season for Galuvao is a good move. Souths are just wasting money again and it will affect their ability to go for players in the future as he has signed a three year deal. I hope he goes well, but from what I've seen over the last year of him, I'm not confident.

iggy plop

First Grade
So Galuvao is getting roughly the same amount as Braith.

Galuvao is getting 80k more than Harrison

All I can say is Souths are struggling.

Stop living in 2003 Mick. Joe was handy back then. It's now 2005 and he's not half the player.

iggy plop

First Grade
If you think Joe is worth 1 mill over 3 years then good luck to you. You must be mates with the bloke or something.

Fletcher is a much better player than Joe.

It's hard dealing with one-eyed supporters.

Dragons_#1

Bench
brett dallas still looks ot have the speed, everytime he gets the ball in the ESL the commentators love it becasue he out paces the rest!

iggy plop

First Grade
Dragons_#1 said:
brett dallas still looks ot have the speed, everytime he gets the ball in the ESL the commentators love it becasue he out paces the rest!

Sounds good. Souths need pace.

1. A. MacDougall
2. Dallas
3. Gorden
4. Hegarty
5. L.MacDougall
6. J Sutton
7. M.Monaghan (who knows if orford goes to manly?)
8. Geddes
9. Webb
10. Cusack
11. Galuvao
12.McKenna
13. Rusty Crowe

Corbin

Juniors
iggy plop said:
That NZ rep rubbish doesn't wash with me. There are plenty of hacks that were once 'NZ reps'. Tasesa Lavea was also a 'NZ rep'

I just don't think paying over 300k a season for Galuvao is a good move. Souths are just wasting money again and it will affect their ability to go for players in the future as he has signed a three year deal. I hope he goes well, but from what I've seen over the last year of him, I'm not confident.

You knocking Lavea? Bitch!

You watch Galuvao he is gunna be a MACHINE i dont think he had a proper off season with penrith and he got injured

i swear Galuvao will gain his NZ spot back in style

i saw Dallas against Leeds and he looked good but i think he signed a contract last year with Wigan, Maybe if Wigan get relegated than maybe?

iggy plop

First Grade
Corbin said:
You knocking Lavea? Bitch!

You watch Galuvao he is gunna be a MACHINE i dont think he had a proper off season with penrith and he got injured

i swear Galuvao will gain his NZ spot back in style

i saw Dallas against Leeds and he looked good but i think he signed a contract last year with Wigan, Maybe if Wigan get relegated than maybe?

Yeah I'm knocking Lavea. Rookie of the year then gornnn. Thomas Looneylaalaa is also a NZ rep. Another player NRL clubs are just banging down the door to get.

Galuvao - Souths' ONE MILLION DOLLAR MACHINE! Give me a break.

Corbin

Juniors
Yes he is gone to RU in which he is now the number 1 Flyhalf in Auckland

and Thomas Leuluai? he is leading London to becoming a dominate force in Super League in which they beat leaders leeds just recently.

iggy plop

First Grade
Corbin said:
Yes he is gone to RU in which he is now the number 1 Flyhalf in Auckland

and Thomas Leuluai? he is leading London to becoming a dominate force in Super League in which they beat leaders leeds just recently.

Lavea was playing lower grades for Manly when he left. Who cares what he is doing union. Great rugby league names like Rocky Elsom, Wycliff Palu and Nick Henderson are also playing super 12 or higher in union.

Thomas Leuluai was just so in demand by NRL clubs it wasn't funny. The Warriors are spewing they let him go. Mark McLinden and Dorn are guns at London.

aussies1st

Staff member
iggy plop said:
Lavea was playing lower grades for Manly when he left. Who cares what he is doing union. Great rugby league names like Rocky Elsom, Wycliff Palu and Nick Henderson are also playing super 12 or higher in union.

Thomas Leuluai was just so in demand by NRL clubs it wasn't funny. The Warriors are spewing they let him go. Mark McLinden and Dorn are guns at London.

Too bad they couldn't get one of those 5/8, halfbacks. What they defintiely need is a good halfback