What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris McKenna and Brett Dallas to Souths.

Nuffs

Bench
mckenna wont sign with souths. guaranteed!

if souths somehow sign orford, then the chances of mckenna actually signing would increase

if only anasta had signed you'd already have him signed for next year

Graf Vynda-k

iggy plop said:
Lavea was playing lower grades for Manly when he left. Who cares what he is doing union. Great rugby league names like Rocky Elsom, Wycliff Palu and Nick Henderson are also playing super 12 or higher in union.

Thomas Leuluai was just so in demand by NRL clubs it wasn't funny. The Warriors are spewing they let him go. Mark McLinden and Dorn are guns at London.

your having a larf!!!

iggy plop said:
Sounds good. Souths need pace.

1. A. MacDougall
2. Dallas
3. Gorden
4. Hegarty
5. L.MacDougall
6. J Sutton
7. M.Monaghan (who knows if orford goes to manly?)
8. Geddes
9. Webb
10. Cusack
11. Galuvao
12.McKenna
13. Rusty Crowe

I'd put McKenna in for Rusty Crowe and Mark Minichiello in the 2nd row.
Monaghan won't leave Manly because Chad Randall will and Monaghan will be the hooker.

Bojo

Juniors
Dallas is the man. I've ended up watchign his career over at wigan pretty closely, he has pretty much been in the top 3 wingers in england the whole time, great scoring record and still has enough pace to match it with anyone in the NRL.

If souths really have signed him they will not be dissapointed if he stays injury free. If he finds form he could force his way back into origin next year i think, there were rumours two series ago that QLD might call him back....

EEYEAH!

skeepe

Immortal
iggy plop said:
Lavea was playing lower grades for Manly when he left. Who cares what he is doing union. Great rugby league names like Rocky Elsom, Wycliff Palu and Nick Henderson are also playing super 12 or higher in union.

Nic Henderson never played league.

Mr Saab

Referee
Big Mick © said:
Galuvao is still a NZ representative...he is a prover performer.

he's have injury drama's this season.

He'll be good for souths.

he played average last yr
he has played below avg this yr.
I think he needs to grow his hair back.
How he was given a 3 yr deal is beyond sense.

ozboy

Juniors
Some real impressive signings there, Souths look to have put a mortgage on the wooden spoon for the next few years.

Hoggy

Bench
iggy plop said:
That NZ rep rubbish doesn't wash with me. There are plenty of hacks that were once 'NZ reps'. Tasesa Lavea was also a 'NZ rep'

He was also NRL rookie of the year one year too.

Must have done something right in 2000.

Zaphod

Juniors
surely they arent that desperate.....why not chase moule aswell, Souths love being f**ked around...clearly

Booyah

Bench
skeepe said:
Nic Henderson never played league.

Yes he did. I'm fairly certain it was the lower grades with Melbourne.

Beau Champion will be Souths starting Fullback in Season 06 and Shannon MacPherson will be in the top 17.

I like the way you think.

Bumble

First Grade
Zaphod said:
surely they arent that desperate.....why not chase moule aswell, Souths love being f**ked around...clearly

Didn't everyone say that about Jason Smith as well?

Azkatro

First Grade
When he left our shores Chris McKenna was a huge loss to Queensland. If he can come even close to the form he showed in the Maroon jersey and for Cronulla in his last season here, he will be a boon for Souths.

Remember he won a MOM for QLD in the centres. Not something you see too often.

Nuffs

Bench
it's official according to the telegraph really, but i know for a fact that mckenna has not and 99% will not sign with souths. or any other nrl club for that matter

balmainbenny

Juniors
iggy plop said:
So Galuvao is getting roughly the same amount as Braith.

Galuvao is getting 80k more than Harrison

All I can say is Souths are struggling.

Stop living in 2003 Mick. Joe was handy back then. It's now 2005 and he's not half the player.

I totally agree with you.

It is funny how Big Mick doesn't seem to miss losing Gulavao. I think you know why.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Dragons_#1 said:
brett dallas still looks ot have the speed, everytime he gets the ball in the ESL the commentators love it becasue he out paces the rest!

Souths have lacked speed since Damien Mostyn left

Alan Shore

First Grade
With the failure to get anyone big this year, you could potentially pay Galuvao's entire $1m next year to have cap space in 07 and 08.