What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christiano Ronaldo appreciation thread

aqua_duck

Coach
If Ronaldo stopped worrying about trying to out score Messi Real would be so much better off, but Ronaldo has it in his head that if he scores 60 goals a season they can't deny him the ballon d'or, as a result he doesn't work for the team rather he expects the team to work for him. Hogs every free kick even though he could hit a barn door from a set piece these days

abpanther

Staff member
Ronaldo had a day to forget in front of goal as Real waved goodbye to any lasting hope of mounting a title challenge in a 1-0 defeat to Atletico Madrid on Saturday with even coach Zinedine Zidane admitting their challenge was over.

“If everyone was at my level, we would be top,” said Ronaldo.

“Every year according to the press it seems I am rubbish, but the numbers and statistics don’t lie.”

He added: “I don’t want to undervalue any of my teammates, but when the best aren’t there it is difficult to win.”

“I like to play with Pepe, Karim, Bale, Marcelo. I don’t want to say that Jese (Rodriguez), Lucas (Vazquez), (Mateo) Kovavic are not good players, they are very good, but to win a competition you need the best.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/la-liga/madrid-derby-cristiano-ronaldo-blows-up-after-atletico-madrid-beat-real-madrid/news-story/5ee2f7e3282be97d8953d68e6a1abca7