What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas party

stumped

Juniors
I am so pleased to announce that when I went to my superiors at council and informed them of the club's decision to refuse the juniors usage of the logo that we are now no longer using the jets sports club for our Christmas party

Now that is what I call a business decision!

silverfox

Juniors
what is this about the juniors having the logo taken away??? what the heck is that all about??? rugby league cant afford stories like this anymore!! expecially newtown.

can someone from the club explain this? or is this not true??

stumped

Juniors
Of all the difficult challenges Newtown has encountered over the past 101 years I wonder if we will survive this one.

Yeah, good point, 101 years of which between 1983 - 1990 due to no funding the club failed to field a side!

the small amount that our party would bring to the jets sports club will not make or break the club but definitly would go a long way to assisting keeping the bills paid

Bluebag

Juniors
Stumped,

I am not sure that this is happening,I could not imagine any club let alone the Jets would shoot itself in the foot by taking away a great marketing tool such as the logo from its future. I mean future fans, members and those who will spend money on merchandise.

Is this official or just a rumour?

silverfox

Juniors
apparently it is - i saw murph down the local the other day and he was telling everyone! he is ropable and he has some very powerful mates who arent happy either.

I couldnt believe it when he told me! what are newtown doing. In this day and age where Rugby League needs the kids surely newtown couldnt of done this???????????:crazy:

stumped

Juniors
Stumped,

I am not sure that this is happening,I could not imagine any club let alone the Jets would shoot itself in the foot by taking away a great marketing tool such as the logo from its future. I mean future fans, members and those who will spend money on merchandise.

Is this official or just a rumour?

Bluebag,

for all my rants and raving on here this thread could not be any further from the truth, I, like you can not believe an organisation of any kind would put limitations on publicising it "brand"

I do not have a great relationship with either the senior or junior club but have happily paid my membership, purchased a limited range of merchandise and frequented both Henson Park and the Jets Club at Tempe, my limited time has restricted my assistance with the juniors however I do try and assist when time permits.

With the AGM being held tomorrow my intention is to submit the following questions

* what will be the benefit restricting the juniors from using the logo?
* why is it that the jets logo on my merchandise does not have the TM symbol
* does the merchandise manufacturer pay royalty's for the usage of the logo? if so why is it never documented!
* will the jets sports club contribute financially to the running of the football club now that so many "junior jets family's" tend not to renew membership over this appalling decision.

please feel free to add any questions you want answers too