What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Shopping

garden fairy

Juniors
CWBush said:
Thinking of having a poem I wrote for her framed as well.

That's such a sweet idea Bushy, I'm sure she'd love it. My mother is the pits to buy for, so I've managed to get the 400-odd photos of our family I've taken over the past two years copied, and I'm putting them together in a couple of albums.

It cost me a fortune, but I'm sure she'll appreciate it - she doesn't have a camera of her own, and keeps bugging me for copies of my photos from birthdays, family gatherings, etc.

Misanthrope

Staff member
That sounds like a tremendous gift as well, actually. I got a digital camera with every intention of taking thousands of photos for that kind of thing, but I think I only ever busted it out on three or four occasions and now it's collecting dust on my desk. :lol:

astrogirl

First Grade
garden fairy said:
It cost me a fortune, but I'm sure she'll appreciate it - she doesn't have a camera of her own, and keeps bugging me for copies of my photos from birthdays, family gatherings, etc.
Sounds like my mum! Mum has the most organised albums up to the time when we all left home, but now she keeps bugging us for pics of us since then - especially graduation photos!

funky_pineapple

Juniors
I have done no shopping at all. I have one present for my sister which I bought when I was in Sydney in November, so that doesn't really count. It was actually a 21st pressie for my friend but after I got the bangle home, I realised it looked too small for her wrist. Hooray for the Michael Hill Jeweller sale! It didn't cost me that much thankfully. Dad has already informed me of what he wants, I just need to go to Supercheap and get it. Mum wants "nothing". Stupid mums, they always say that. We haven't even started buying food yet. Have to order our seafood sometime this week for pick-up on Christmas Eve. I only have 3 days off in the 2 weeks leading up to Christmas. Good for money bad for sanity.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, mine's done (it had want to be!)
Mum - Dressmaking scissors
Dad - Strassman DVD
Brother #1 - Weights set
Brother #2 - Plasma ball thing
Brother #3 - Bunch of kid DVDs
Sister & Fiance - Pots and pans (Haha)

Holding off with the aforementioned poem, as my Mum's birthday is the 28th