What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City and Country Teams Named

Mr Saab

Referee
InLuVaNdLuVinIt said:
Ooh, okay, my bad. Sorry.

But wouldn't it matter seeing as he wasnt selected to play? Pardon me if im wrong again.

He was there in case a player injured themselves during the week or warmup prior to the game.
Although if say gasnier or king had been injured during the week then he wouldnt have made the team even as the "18th" man. They would have call in a back.

Paullyboy

Coach
Whoever picked the country team deserves a medal.

Thankfully no Raiders can get hurt in this farce of a game. Seriously why do they insist on playing it still? And to make matters worse they play it when there are no other games to watch! Id rather watch reserve grade, at least they are playing for something.

OVP

Coach
Timmah said:
Selection disgraces:

City = Anasta. Ran in hiding today, literally. Was even scared of El Masri on the wing.

Country = Finch. Was HOPELESS today.

Timmah .... you just HAVE to be Dodge. Noone else is that stupid.

Anasta ran in hiding did he ? You are an absolute dope. He played BY FAR his best game this season, which isnt surprising when your scummy supporters continually heckled him all bloody game. He actually stepped up big time ... but its blatantly obvious that you have ZERO idea of what a playmaker is supposed to do. Anasta kept running and trying to link up with ficticious ball runners ... you see, the ball runners from the Roosters were non-existant, NOT Anasta. He kept trying and trying all bloody game for someone to run off him ... christ if Mini was there he would have had a field day. Anasta played bloody well, and much better than your useless set of halves. But hey we dont have Willie MAson or O Meley to run over the top of teams.

Anasta is doing OK and will be long term a great buy for us. You guys have the two best forwards in the world. and that was the difference. Plus you dont have Finch to stifle your entire attack on every play. Blaming Anasta shows you have ZERO idea about the game.

nqboy

First Grade
I know it's late but as a Queenslander, your City and Country teams just don't scare me at all. No doubt we'll struggle with injuries this year but without Joey, the Count and Kennedy, where is the passion and the drive going to come from for the Blues?

CharlieF

Juniors
nqboy said:
I know it's late but as a Queenslander, your City and Country teams just don't scare me at all. No doubt we'll struggle with injuries this year but without Joey, the Count and Kennedy, where is the passion and the drive going to come from for the Blues?

QLD will provide all the motivation for that passion and pride that you think NSW will lack. There is more than enough excellent players in NSW as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
OVP said:
Timmah .... you just HAVE to be Dodge. Noone else is that stupid.

Anasta ran in hiding did he ? You are an absolute dope. He played BY FAR his best game this season, which isnt surprising when your scummy supporters continually heckled him all bloody game. He actually stepped up big time ... but its blatantly obvious that you have ZERO idea of what a playmaker is supposed to do. Anasta kept running and trying to link up with ficticious ball runners ... you see, the ball runners from the Roosters were non-existant, NOT Anasta. He kept trying and trying all bloody game for someone to run off him ... christ if Mini was there he would have had a field day. Anasta played bloody well, and much better than your useless set of halves. But hey we dont have Willie MAson or O Meley to run over the top of teams.

Anasta is doing OK and will be long term a great buy for us. You guys have the two best forwards in the world. and that was the difference. Plus you dont have Finch to stifle your entire attack on every play. Blaming Anasta shows you have ZERO idea about the game.

Anasta carried our side when no-one else bothered last year, and was a sensational ballrunner. He, IMO, kept us afloat and made sure the 50+ scorelines didn't happen more than twice. He's not doing well at all, and when he did get the opportunity on Sunday he managed to run wide, and in some cases backwards. And when he had the opportunity to have a decent run, he always offloaded and let the forwards do his job for him. Yes, our forwards murdered your side in the end, and trust me, I know our halves are up sh*t creek. He might have played his best game of the season to date, but it was still sh*thouse. I'm extremely glad we kept Mason & Sonny over him - with Sherwin back in 2 weeks and hopefully hitting some form too, we're a force to be reckoned with.

But that's JMO ;-)