What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City - Country teams 06

Jono078

Referee
Too hard to do the whole Country team, but some Knights I think will make Country are:

Thaiday - Lets see how the off season has helped, because last year he was pretty impressive besides for a few aspects of his game.
Newton - Played really well and definetly stepped up after Kennedy left, almost a certainty for Country if his 2005 form carries over to this season.

Other outside chances: K Gidley, Adraham, Woolnough, Tighe.

Spitty

Juniors
Really tough to say at this stage. City/Country teams are usually made up of in form up and comers.

And, no one is in form...... Yet.

Record number of Tigers players to make it including Hodgson, Skandalis, Galea and maybe others.

Daniel Fitzhenry as the dark horse!!!!!!!

Balmain_Boy

Robbie Farah, Hodgson and big Skando should walk into the city side. I'd be hopeful Payten,Laffranchi and O'hara will be in contention for country spots and Gibbs, Fulton and Galea for city spots.

Obviously I don't expect them all to get picked though.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
They'll definately be a number of Tigers, Cowboys, Eels and Dragons in both sides.

I'd say definately Hodgson and Skandalis for City, maybe Galea and Farah. Laffranchi a chance for Country.

There's not many in Cowboys, but Steve Southern is a chance for Country. O'Donnell for City if he doesnt represent Australia.

Out of Parramatta, I'd say Morrison and Widders a bench spot for Country, maybe Ben Smith in the centres. Grothe for City if he doesnt play in the test match.

Dragons mostly in Country, Cooper, Hornby, Creagh, any other Dragon with big wraps.

Paul Gallen given his good form last year, will be in City.

No doubt Newcastle will have players in Country, mostly ones who have already represented Country, but Clint Newton's a big chance.

We'll have to see what happens when the season starts, who's in good form.

White Poiner

Coach
Gallen's a shoe in.

But heaps of player could get in.

Bailey P
Covell L :)
Albert D
Noddy
etc etc.. Just depends who is in form.

Balmain_Boy

Farah a MAYBE for city origin? You gotta be kidding; the only other city hooker I can think of is Riddell.

yobbo84

Coach
White Poiner said:
Gallen's a shoe in.

But heaps of player could get in.

Bailey P
Covell L :)
Albert D
Noddy
etc etc.. Just depends who is in form.

Gallen needs to improve his ball handling before he'll get considered for rep sides.

Dutch Oven

Juniors
nullasharks said:
Your thoughts on who will make it

Who really cares about city country. How bored must people be to be talking about this sh*t. So many players are unavailable even i could make the rubbish sides.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Farah a MAYBE for city origin? You gotta be kidding; the only other city hooker I can think of is Riddell.

Craig Wing is city aswell but I wouldn't pick him anyway, he's very overrated. Plus Sticky will probably have him in the ANZAC test.

9. Riddell
14. Farah

Latest posts