What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City v Country

Should the players be rested from City v Country?

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's valuable for one reason and one reason only - it takes our great game into the bush and expands awareness.

Other than that, it's a crock of sh*t.

It's valuable for one reason and one reason only - it takes our great game into the bush and expands awareness.

Other than that, it's a crock of sh*t.

i like it at least they actually pick tigers players dogs always seem too have a few in no matter how bad there going :?

sunny

sunny said:
City vs Country should stay......I'd much rather watch it than the poor excuse for a game that is international league these days.

two and a bit years down the track, i officially reverse my opinion on this issue!

lockyno1

Post Whore
The game is a joke but it does give some players rep honours, however blokes like Kidley and David Simmons should be NOWHERE near a rep jersey. If they pick the right sides I am all for it, but if they hand out jerseys to everyone then take it off the calender!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think its really a waste of time to be totally honest. Its just a chance for those players who will most likely never play origin to get their hands on a rep jumper. The players from the Anzac test should be exempted from this game for this reason. Its meant to be a SOO selection trial, but IMO it isn't really. The selectors know who they want in the NSW team, no matter who stands out in the City/Country match.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I like to see how the fringe players go against one another

how can you have too much R L ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
joel caine number 1 fan said:
i like it at least they actually pick tigers players dogs always seem too have a few in no matter how bad there going :?

:lol:

The Bulldogs are fourth buddy, they've won 5 of 8.

Pull the other one.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
How is one rep game meant to 'save' the entirety of NSW 'bush footy'?

Does it mean volunteers no longer need to be found to join committees, recruit juniors, raise funds etc. What a magic solution!

Not news. One player says he enjoyed playing in it once and would love to do so again. Gets turned into a 'plea to return' by a journo with copy to fill.

The fixture has had its day. Most players don't want to play it, its no longer an SOO selection trial, and its just adding another game to an already crowded schedule for elite players.

No offence to Yeo, but I wonder if he would like to play it knowing it means he plays an extra game in a 7 day period, on top of regular season games, Origin, finals games, and test matches during the rest of the year?

soc123_au

Staff member
The fixture has had its day. Most players don't want to play it, its no longer an SOO selection trial, and its just adding another game to an already crowded schedule for elite players.

No offence to Yeo, but I wonder if he would like to play it knowing it means he plays an extra game in a 7 day period, on top of regular season games, Origin, finals games, and test matches during the rest of the year?
I don't think it would bother him at all, the man is a machine.

I'd like CvC back, but only if the players take it seriously. If it's just going to end up how it was in it's final years then leave it to rot.

Bazal

Post Whore
Nah I reckon bring it back. But make it more like an All Stars style clash rotated through Country venues each year. Doesn't need to be associated with Origin in any way like it used to be. Pick a mix of future rep kids, veterans and maybe one or two headliners...

Iamback

Coach
Have All Stars Friday night
City v Country Sat - have Country as an all star from the country leagues v City NSW Cup guys. Throw in couple of recently retired guys.

Best of both worlds

Nah I reckon bring it back. But make it more like an All Stars style clash rotated through Country venues each year. Doesn't need to be associated with Origin in any way like it used to be. Pick a mix of future rep kids, veterans and maybe one or two headliners...
Could you imagine the Country side being led out onto the field by the "Blue Ribbion Prized Easter Show Bull"

Latest posts