What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clark's performance

Ghoulies

Bench
mickdo said:
The knives are already out...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/League/Man-in-middle-under-Maroons-pressure/2005/06/15/1118645870762.html

Before the game Hagan openly said he wanted Clark to make sure he policed the 10m well, and now they whinge about it because they reckon keeping them apart well cost them the game! :lol:
Talk about sore losers!
This thing really sh*ts me. Whenever there's only a try, goal or field goal between the two teams, the losing team comes out with a whinge. The whole situation just takes the gloss off a great spectacle.

The blues did it with game one, and now we're doing it. :rolleyes:

Big Pete

Referee
Clarke had a better game then Simpkins did.

The forward pass try is questonable...just like Matt Kings and Trent Barretts in the first game.

But fans it's 1-1, and there is still a long long way to go.

Also for all those saying all QLD do is whine, look at yourselves, during Origin 1 all the topics were about Slaters try and how Simpkins had to go.

mickdo

Coach
Big Pete said:
just like Matt Kings and Trent Barretts in the first game.
They were only questionable to people who don't know the forward pass momentum rule :rolleyes:

The Colonel

Immortal
Big Pete said:
Also for all those saying all QLD do is whine, look at yourselves, during Origin 1 all the topics were about Slaters try and how Simpkins had to go.

Actually the majority of posts were about how poorly Ryles, Bailey and Kimmorley played and how Kimmorley and one of the two props should be replaced and that the bench was crap.

Following those came the posts about Slater's try. ;-)

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Clark had a absolute Barry Crocker.

What about all the forwards passes from Johns that led tyo tries?

Or Matt Sing's clear 1 on 1 strip deep in NSW territory that was awarded a penalty.

Every single NSW penalty was blown when NSW was buggered about twenty metres out on their own line and on the 4th tackle.

Disgraceful.

Some how or other they have to come up with a neutral ref not bloody Smith but someone else.

Mr Saab

Referee
Seagullsrock said:
Or Matt Sing's clear 1 on 1 strip deep in NSW territory that was awarded a penalty.

sorry you are wrong there. 2 players were involved in the tackle. The player dropped off and sing stripped the ball. It was within 1/2 second of the player dropping off.
There were a few forward passes coming from dummy half though.
Russell Smith ..hello no. He is hopeless

Big Pete

Referee
The Colonel said:
Actually the majority of posts were about how poorly Ryles, Bailey and Kimmorley played and how Kimmorley and one of the two props should be replaced and that the bench was crap.

Following those came the posts about Slater's try. ;-)

;-) hehe oh I forgot about those, but the majority of this board is NSW supporters, and the first topics to pop up were Johns is the greatest...so we had to complain and say Carl Webb got injured. :p

Barretts pass was always going forward, and if Matt Kings was fine, so was Berrigans. Anyways, the match is over, it dosn't matter, QLD won the first game, NSW won the second..who's going to win the third? We'll find out sooner or later.

The Colonel

Immortal
Forward passes from acting half are creeping more and more into the game. Just about every club is doing it as referees aren't policing it as often anymore. They are taking advantage of the lack of emphasis on it happening and the passes are either forward or as close to the borderline as possible.

fridge

im a nsw supporter but imo clark had a poor game. seemed pretty obvious he was giving the home side the advantage on 50/50 calls.

it's really a shame that harrigan left. he was head and shoulders above any ref in the competition now. and plz dont say russell smith should be teh ref, he and jason robinson are the worst refs in the nrl. they have cost plenty of games this season.

mickdo

Coach
Seagullsrock said:
What about all the forwards passes from Johns that led tyo tries?
You're kidding aren't you?

Seagullsrock said:
There were two in the tackle, and you need to go to OPSM.
Seagullsrock said:
Every single NSW penalty was blown when NSW was buggered about twenty metres out on their own line and on the 4th tackle.
Yeah, I guess the 2 points we got when we kicked the penalty over the goalposts must have been one of the longest kicks in history if it was blown on our own 20m line... :rolleyes:

Seagullsrock said:
Disgraceful.
If you were describing your post then you were spot on

Dazzat

First Grade
If anyone taped the game, have a look over and notice the '10 metres' Clark gave to NSW when they were in attack ... I noticed it during the game when NSW were 10 metres from the half way line and Clark had Qld back about three metres on the other side of the half way line ...

And he didn't give Qld the same courtesy ... or sorry ... I'm mean ... FAVOURTISM!

And this really came into play in the second half ... all for the 'fairytale for Andrew Johns' ...

I thought Clark did a fair job. The only thing I can complain about is most of the 50-50 calls went NSW way (what can I say, I support Queensland) but I won't have a problem with him getting the 3rd game. Queensland deserved most of the penalties they get.

mickdo

Coach
baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Dazzat

First Grade
Yes, that's right. Andrew Johns had 12-13 metres to work with in the second half not 10 (given to Queensland). HAVE A LOOK AT THE GAME FOR YOURSELVES. A drover's dog could have looked good with that amount of room.

That is why Tim Mander is not given the job of Origin. Say no more.

Latest posts