What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic BRL Jerseys Available !

G@v

Juniors
Pepe, Igot that design from a photo in a copy of RLW dated July 8th 1987. Norths played Redcliffe that previous weekend and there's a couple of pics featuring the match. The Dolphins jersey has Terry Whites Chemist on the front and back surrounding the jersey number.

Ramit54

Juniors
Gav in 1982 Norths wore the design you have there with NANDA on the front and back in the Brisbane comp. But they had a different design in the State League that same year. It was light blue with navy blue sleeves.
Cheers Retread

P

pepe

were'nt those state league guernseys in the early 80's a disgrace,i think it was the wide bay bulls who represented my region,if memory serves me correctly they were brown with gold sleeves,the style was much the same for all teams i think.

mud,i'll go out on a limb here and say the devils did wear gav's jumper in 1980,how about a guernsey on it?

cheers pepe

G@v

Juniors
Pepe, I almost bought one of those Norths jerseys in 1989. Looked real cool
emsmiled.gif
, then I found out the store didn't have one in my size, the bastards!
emangry.gif
emcry.gif

I think the sponsor was an electrical company?
emidea.gif

M

mud n blood

Hayman's Electrical actually, lads.

And Pepe .... not a chance !!! I know for a fact that they wore the old one I described in 1979, and this "newer" one in 1981. I've narrowed it down that far .... will confirm asap, though.

I guess 1980 was a bit of a blur .... first year in high school, introduced to piss, started chasing shielas, the footy was beaut, first origin match, learnt not to be scared to tackle(!), and my magnificent Wests boys had a great year .... not ! The first of many "timber ladles" earned during the forgettable 80's ......

If you Norfs guys want Norths to be the Jersey run after the Redcliffe and Brisbane jerseys let me know.

I currently have 3 interested in Nanda jerseys and need 10 to go ahead.

Final cost for the Redcliffe jersey with sponsor, badges turned out to be $125 including GST. We are placing the order this week.

P

pepe

will the norths guernsey be a v-neck or collared,is it the one that gav posted the picture of ?

pepe

Up to you blokes to tell me which jersey you're after. We'll probably go from a photo.

The Redcliffe one will have no collar I think, but the Brisbane one will.

P

pepe

i'd prefer the collar,but i'm prepared to hear what the other guys want.

pepe

M

mud n blood

" ..... Stand up and cheer, for Norths again this year.
Blue, gold and blue. Devils - yes it's true ....... "

What a classic piece of lyric-writing ......

O

ozbash

is the soulful rendition of the redcliffe battle song included ?

Latest posts