What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic racing film

Parra

Referee
And some people think drifting is something new.

[youtube]I5JfGr7sr6w[/youtube]

Parra

Referee
certainly did.

you can still see the car he won the nsw title &aussie speedway gp in on display from time to time. original condition.

Parra

Referee
It was tragic. It wasn't Belloff in that video - the title is misleading. I believe he was in the Rothmans porche that was overtaken early in the film. Discussion is in youtube.

There is also some great footage of Belloff driving at Monaco in the wet in F1. It is incredible, he was so talented.

I love this old on board footage.

Life's Good

Coach
It was tragic. It wasn't Belloff in that video - the title is misleading. I believe he was in the Rothmans porche that was overtaken early in the film. Discussion is in youtube.

There is also some great footage of Belloff driving at Monaco in the wet in F1. It is incredible, he was so talented.

I love this old on board footage.
It is great footage watching cars move around on the track, especially Spa.

Lost in the mists of time is that whilst Senna was catching Prost @ Monaco Belloff was catching both of them. Damn you Jacky Ickx.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
Hard to blame Ickx. Belloff was going for the impossible at Eau Rogue. There is an interview with Ickx where he describes how he felt as soon as he realised that Belloff had gone off and it is evident in the on board footage from Ickx car as he immediately gets out and races back to Belloff's wreck.

Hell of an era.

Life's Good

Coach
Hard to blame Ickx. Belloff was going for the impossible at Eau Rogue. There is an interview with Ickx where he describes how he felt as soon as he realised that Belloff had gone off and it is evident in the on board footage from Ickx car as he immediately gets out and races back to Belloff's wreck.

Hell of an era.
Sorry, I meant Ickx was the race steward in Monaco 84 who had the race stopped(some say under duress from the French who wanted to see Prost win). Him calling the race short robbed us of an incredible finish with Senna, Belloff & Prost.
As for Spa 85, agreed Belloff went in way to hot where he took fate into his own hands and unfortunately lost.

Dodgy

Juniors
Lol Arnoux trying to defend his position when Nellore was almost fully alongside.

Life's Good

Coach
One from touring cars - Seton in the wet , Bathurst 1987

87 race. What a classic race. The evil Eggenberger team along with all the other Johnny Foreigners!
I was a 14yo watching this and was totally mesmerised by Setons car control in those conditions. His hand movements were like he was conducting an orchestra. Is still great footage.

Latest posts