What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic thread! haaaaa!!!

iggy plop

First Grade
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=118712

Will Hadley Roach and Fulton....
Wonder if Hadley Roach and Fulton will be calling for the sacking of Des Hasler (a la` Brian Smith) ?
Will fat fool Peters be questioning the buying policy of the Club and thanking teams for developing players for them to sign up (a la` Mick Witt)?

Manly = Hapless jokes :lol:

Talk about humble pie!!

Good one parra pete, I'm glad you brought this up. :lol:

Brutus

Referee
Peter Peters thanking Parra for all their discards in his usual smart arse way. How the table turns.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not to mention in reserve grade for Manly in recent weeks (haven't seen this weeks team)

Witt, Donald, Curtis, Hollingsworth, Robson, Cleal and Heckenberg have all spent time in reggies.

Only Dunley and Leuluai seem to be able to hold down top grade spots.

Even Sam Harris is getting picked at 5/8 ahead of Witt.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Not to mention in reserve grade for Manly in recent weeks (haven't seen this weeks team)

Witt, Donald, Curtis, Hollingsworth, Robson, Cleal and Heckenberg have all spent time in reggies.

Only Dunley and Leuluai seem to be able to hold down top grade spots.

Even Sam Harris is getting picked at 5/8 ahead of Witt.
Ill admit Donald, Witt and Cleal have been pretty average and i will be glad when they leave the club.
Heckenburg only spent time in PL because he had a re-occuring injury, otherwise he is a very good prop,and will be in the team in the future.
Hollingsworth and Robson were Hookers werent they? If so they arent getting a look in PL because Matt Ballin is being groomed for the future.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Hollingsworth was a hooker who could fill in at lock if needed.

Robson tho was a halfback/Five-Eighth who had played a little hooker.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
No, "Witty" is in premier league for going missing in the attack and being steamrolled in defence.

They do miss his goalkicking, but that's it.

iggy plop

First Grade
BuffaloRules said:
Witty is a speed bump....

Witty was the new Bobby Fulton according to Peter Peters at the start of the year.

If Manly start badly next year I'll be waiting for Ray and friends to start the campaign to axe him. Somehow I don't think that is going to happen. :lol:

Agenda-driven radio.

Mr Saab

Referee
kane cleal will be on of those players you look back on in 10 yrs and say "how the f**k did he make 1st grade"

RufusRex

Post Whore
Brett Firman was the new Darren Lockyear according to the chooks ... These clown blow so much smoke up these young players arse its no wonder they dont make it ...

Will agree that the bash Smith agenda of the past few years is looking a bit foolish now.

At least at the Dragons we can hold our head up high in terms of junior development.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Brian Smith has developed more players then any other coach

Just that only 10% are still at Parra even then there are quiet a few players at Parra who came through the grades some of them (Grothe, Marsh, McKionon and Robinson) left the Eels only to come back but were originally developed by Smith

Others Cayless, Hindmarsh, Burt, B.Smith, Delaney, Williams, T.Smith, O'Dwyer, Afamasaga, Reddy and Cordoba are still at the club.

wittyfan

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
kane cleal will be on of those players you look back on in 10 yrs and say "how the f**k did he make 1st grade"

His dad is involved with the club.

Mr Saab

Referee
Flatch...have you forgotten someone named Wayne Bennett? He has been in the coaching game (sydney based comp) since 1987. I think he would have developed a "Few" more

RainMan

Juniors
iggy plop said:
Witty was the new Bobby Fulton according to Peter Peters at the start of the year.

He never said that.

He thanked Parra for letting him go. What did you want him to say? "We have bought this below average player from Parra, hopefully he may perform better under a different coach"?

walker smith

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
Flatch...have you forgotten someone named Wayne Bennett? He has been in the coaching game (sydney based comp) since 1987. I think he would have developed a "Few" more

Charlie

As much as i hate brian smith, he has been coaching first grade in the sydney based comp since 1984 and lower grades for years before that...so i would say that it is possible that Flatch is right and that he has developed more players than any other coach (cheer weight of numbers).

But i personally think Bennett is the best coach in the league, just a little stale lately in terms of preparation for the post-origin period.

Mr Saab

Referee
Smith may has coached more yrs in the NSWRL/ ARL/ NRL than B Smith.
Bennett and Sheens are on par for yrs coached.

Bennett also coached in the QLD comp too and "produced" players that went on to play in the NSWRL comp.

As for preperation...i dont know. They quite easily could have beaten the Dogs had berrigan caught that grubber...and the same with regards to the Panthers game.
Yes i know its a case of "what if" but those 2 games were very winnable and they would be minor premiers.

Latest posts