What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleary out for 8 weeks šŸ™

Kilkenny

Coach
Going to be scary for the West Tigers fans this next eight weeks. Get to see first hand what they paid over a million a season for. I hope he delivers for our sake firstly, he may actually find a bit of form playing first or second receiver and straightening up a bit rather than crabbing sideways.

Kilkenny

Coach
As I have posted before i think we have done extremely well all things considered to be where we are.

Given the injury to Nathan and now his back up in Schneider we may need the buffer going into the next eight weeks. If we can grind out winning 4 or even 5 of our next 7/8 games we will potentially be set up for a top four finish. We are still only conceding approximately 15 points a game which while slightly up on our best is only a few points inferior to the sharks.

maple_69

Bench
It sounds like the injury is being treated with an abundance of caution. If Nathan feels right in 3-4 weeks but is held back a month to be triple sure, the guy is going to be going insane by the time he is let back on the field.

Iā€™m hoping over this next stretch we can get our defence back to where it needs to be firstly. Then we have hopefully an 8 game run with Nath back to get our attack clicking. More than weā€™ve had the last few years.

If thereā€™s any silver lining at all itā€™s that whoever the prospective Luai replacement for 2025 is gets some decent game time with the team.

If that is Cole itā€™ll only make him better.

Hopefully when Nathan comes back the side has kept winning and he can elevate them to a big push into the finals. Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll be the goal anyways.

WestyLife

First Grade
If thereā€™s any silver lining at all itā€™s that whoever the prospective Luai replacement for 2025 is gets some decent game time with the team.

If that is Cole itā€™ll only make him better.

Hopefully when Nathan comes back the side has kept winning and he can elevate them to a big push into the finals. Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll be the goal anyways.

Funny thing is that's happened every premiership year. Weird system but it seems to work. Nath plays half a year and collects rings not bad work if you can get it.

Funny thing is that's happened every premiership year. Weird system but it seems to work. Nath plays half a year and collects rings not bad work if you can get it.
Correct. Difference in 2024 is that thereā€™s no Crichton who could change a game with some individual brilliance or Leniu who could either keep or positively change momentum coming off the bench.

I think any shortcomings from missing Cleary were better patched over due to the overall 17 being a more complete side in 2021, 2022 & 2023. I have faith theyā€™ll be sweet though.

Munky

Coach

SOS and Cogger received contracts based on the greatness of Yeoweh actually making them look like game managing halfbacks.

His opening three rounds of 2022 were probably the best three game streak by a forward in the NRL era.

I hope he's getting 25% of their current deals from SOS and Cogger.

WestyLife

First Grade
Correct. Difference in 2024 is that thereā€™s no Crichton who could change a game with some individual brilliance or Leniu who could either keep or positively change momentum coming off the bench.

I think any shortcomings from missing Cleary were better patched over due to the overall 17 being a more complete side in 2021, 2022 & 2023. I have faith theyā€™ll be sweet though.

Not wrong but the defence is still very strong. Think they'll just grind it out until he comes back. Defence wins premierships after all.

SOS and Cogger received contracts based on the greatness of Yeoweh actually making them look like game managing halfbacks.

His opening three rounds of 2022 were probably the best three game streak by a forward in the NRL era.

I hope he's getting 25% of their current deals from SOS and Cogger.

Exactly he'll legitimately be the best halfback in most games he plays anyway so that first receiver role will be fine. Just need a bit of kicking and finesse with the backline which you'd think Luai can manage but even if not they'll defend well.

betcats

Referee
Looking for potential silver linings here, Luai hasnt been at his best, This could be what he needs to straighten up again and stop playing so sideways if he does that he will find some form. Also Fish, Leota, Martin, Tago hopefully will all realise they need to be better and get into form as well.

If that happens we will be fine and when cleary comes back we will be better team for it. If it doesnt happen we are going to have to get our best defence back to win more than we lose.

sportsnut

Juniors
He was injured last year or the year before and returned for finals fresh and put on a clinic.

It's all good.

MrBlack

Juniors
He was injured last year or the year before and returned for finals fresh and put on a clinic.

It's all good.
Im ok with it as well.

At least this way he is rested mid season and not returning from a grueling SOO series

Maybe he has his treatment in the UK for a few weeks and spends time with Miss Mary

Pjf04b

Juniors
Cooper Cronk reckons it is not grade 2 and Penrith are just ensuring he doesnā€™t come back in origin. A smart and protective ploy1

Kilkenny

Coach
Cooper Cronk reckons it is not grade 2 and Penrith are just ensuring he doesnā€™t come back in origin. A smart and protective ploy1
Big call from Cooper.

I canā€™t imagine the club making such a decision nor do I think Nathan would not want to play origin.

hindy111

Post Whore
Big call from Cooper.

I canā€™t imagine the club making such a decision nor do I think Nathan would not want to play origin.

His comments where based on how he left the field. Nathans tolerance for pain could be quite high.

Kilkenny

Coach
His comments where based on how he left the field. Nathans tolerance for pain could be quite high.
He walked off as if he got an early mark.

I had plenty of injuries in my playing days, but never experienced significant hamstring issues so I donā€™t know what it feels like.

age.s

First Grade
Does he have any actual evidence for that or is he just slinging mud to generate outrage like your average media dickhead?

Kilkenny

Coach
Does he have any actual evidence for that or is he just slinging mud to generate outrage like your average media dickhead?
Iā€™m sure he hasnā€™t seen the scans or discussed them with our medical staff.

Has Cooper Cronk reduced his in game commentary commitments or am I just not watching every NRL game on Fox.

He used to drive me nuts with his commentary but he has either toned down his comments or shut up all together.

I used to think Gary Belcher was the worst ever assistant commentator until Cooper emerged on the scene. Cooper had to speak for minutes when a simple sentence would have sufficed.

Latest posts