What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleary out for 8 weeks šŸ™

Bob

Juniors
Iā€™m sure he hasnā€™t seen the scans or discussed them with our medical staff.

Has Cooper Cronk reduced his in game commentary commitments or am I just not watching every NRL game on Fox.

He used to drive me nuts with his commentary but he has either toned down his comments or shut up all together.

I used to think Gary Belcher was the worst ever assistant commentator until Cooper emerged on the scene. Cooper had to speak for minutes when a simple sentence would have sufficed.
Coopers not the best but Roach and Anasta are a special kind of stupid, best 2 are our mate Brandy and I canā€™t believe Iā€™m saying this Michael Ennis, heā€™s grown on me as an analyst, best caller is Dan Ginnane

age.s

First Grade
Coopers not the best but Roach and Anasta are a special kind of stupid, best 2 are our mate Brandy and I canā€™t believe Iā€™m saying this Michael Ennis, heā€™s grown on me as an analyst, best caller is Dan Ginnane
Ewwww shouty Dan.

I dont mind Roach. He's dopey but he doesn't take himself too seriously so I figure just go with it.

I think overall, sports commentary is pretty bad. I think it'd be better if it was all a bit more laid back, with perhaps every other play not being the most incredible, jaw dropping, awe inspiring piece of achievement since the wheel.

Kilkenny

Coach
I watch all games fox.

I don't personally hate on any of the assistant commentators but Cooper did grind on me. Havenā€™t noticed him so much this season but I think I have watched less games. There is this narrative the footy is better than it has ever been, Iā€™m not sure about that, the inconsistency around decisions, the bunker, you can no longer enjoy celebrating your team scoring because you just know it is going to be looked at.

Iā€™m a dinosaur, I just used to enjoy the spontaneous days of when your team scored a try and being able to celebrate it at the game. It just seems these days every try goes upstairs to check the grounding, disrupters, inside shoulder or outside shoulder or whatever other reason we can find to disallow a try. General play no different, bitch slap on the face, contact with the neck however slight stay down a penalty will surely follow. Iā€™m just not convinced the game is heading in the right direction and I say that with the utmost understanding around the need to protect the players welfare.

The irony of the whoLe situation is technology doesnā€™t allow us to rule on a forward pass when blind freddie can see it is perhaps the easiest of all infringements to rule upon.

Goonji

Juniors
I watch all games fox.

I don't personally hate on any of the assistant commentators but Cooper did grind on me. Havenā€™t noticed him so much this season but I think I have watched less games. There is this narrative the footy is better than it has ever been, Iā€™m not sure about that, the inconsistency around decisions, the bunker, you can no longer enjoy celebrating your team scoring because you just know it is going to be looked at.

Iā€™m a dinosaur, I just used to enjoy the spontaneous days of when your team scored a try and being able to celebrate it at the game. It just seems these days every try goes upstairs to check the grounding, disrupters, inside shoulder or outside shoulder or whatever other reason we can find to disallow a try. General play no different, bitch slap on the face, contact with the neck however slight stay down a penalty will surely follow. Iā€™m just not convinced the game is heading in the right direction and I say that with the utmost understanding around the need to protect the players welfare.

The irony of the whoLe situation is technology doesnā€™t allow us to rule on a forward pass when blind freddie can see it is perhaps the easiest of all infringements to rule upon.
Sometimes when the referee awards a try without sending it upstairs the bunker disallows it. That really p*sses me off.

CCJohnC

Juniors
I watch all games fox.

MugaB

Coach
Hate the Dan, he is obnoxious, and sounds like a terrible kind of lowlife qlder/westie, he really annoys me, Warren Smith has his faults, but is by far the best caller, after the great man Rabbs

MugaB

Coach
Ewwww shouty Dan.

I dont mind Roach. He's dopey but he doesn't take himself too seriously so I figure just go with it.

I think overall, sports commentary is pretty bad. I think it'd be better if it was all a bit more laid back, with perhaps every other play not being the most incredible, jaw dropping, awe inspiring piece of achievement since the wheel.
Need Roy and HG to call more club games

As far as the Fox callers go I too think Warren Smith is the best.

Cant comment on the Nine team as I watch all games on Fox.
Ch.9 is awful. Somehow they managed to recycle Vautin, and spend most of the time patronising his supposed jokes.
I have limited monthly internet data and can only watch Panthers on Kayo, and a bit of V8. (Cost of living,)

Bred not Bought

Juniors

I like Dan Ginnane. I don't have a problem with his voice. Have Warren Smith as Fox's best caller though.
Voss can get on my nerves at time, but most of the time I put up with him. Doggies fans are blowing up at him for perceived bias. So he is in my good books at the moment.
I like Brandy and Cooper as co-commentators. Ennis is ok too. I don't like Corey Parker.
Roach is silly but I put up with it.

As far as Nein goes. Matt Thompson can be over the top at times.
Not fussed on Johns and Fittler. Slater is ok.

Even at in his final years Rabs was still the best.

I like Andrew Moore on ABC. He goes well with Luke Lewis and surprisingly Matt Elliott.

I like Dan Ginnane. I don't have a problem with his voice. Have Warren Smith as Fox's best caller though.
Voss can get on my nerves at time, but most of the time I put up with him. Doggies fans are blowing up at him for perceived bias. So he is in my good books at the moment.
I like Brandy and Cooper as co-commentators. Ennis is ok too. I don't like Corey Parker.
Roach is silly but I put up with it.

As far as Nein goes. Matt Thompson can be over the top at times.
Not fussed on Johns and Fittler. Slater is ok.

Even at in his final years Rabs was still the best.

I like Andrew Moore on ABC. He goes well with Luke Lewis and surprisingly Matt Elliott.
Just put the treble down šŸ¤£

Fangs

Coach
Voss is still the best.

He does harp on too much about the refs nowadays but that's the fox producers I think.