What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cliff Beverley rated as the best 5/8 in english super league

Robster

Bench
I read it somewhere, I know its a step down from NRL, but now he's rated as one of the few dangermen in the comp, god why can't players like him shine for the warriors.

Iafeta

Referee
Gee, the strength there must be through the roof :roll: :roll: :roll: What next, Nat Wood the best hooker? Scott Pethybridge a flying winger?

Skinner

Coach
Read the subject line.............checked the date on the calander.............
April 1. has been and gone............buga me

Skinner

tHe_MaC

Juniors
He actually has developed very well over in the U.K, he is very good on attack but his defence is still suspect as always. Would struggle in the NRL.

And Iafeta, Nat Wood is one of the better No.7's now. He will be the new playmaker for Henry when he arrives in Warrington. I thought he went well for the Warriors when he was here, should've kept him one more season I thought.

Skinner

Coach
tHe_MaC said:
He actually has developed very well over in the U.K, he is very good on attack but his defence is still suspect as always. Would struggle in the NRL.

And Iafeta, Nat Wood is one of the better No.7's now. He will be the new playmaker for Henry when he arrives in Warrington. I thought he went well for the Warriors when he was here, should've kept him one more season I thought.

Cliffy's defence will always be suss. Got to agree there mac on Nathan,
I always thought he went pretty well on the field.

He was even better when you carted him round the schools, he was
absolutely brilliant with the kids. I still like to think we have players
in the game in Auckland because of Nat's (never ending) words.

Skinner

Iafeta

Referee
Not questioning Nat's personality or his practical jokes or his display amongst the community, but he was no Jones or Marsh in fairness. To think that the likes of Dennis Moran and Bill Peden were quality line breakers/play makers in the past couple of seasons, it doesn't overly bother to see Cliffey gaining headlines over there.

Skinner

Coach
Iafeta said:
Not questioning Nat's personality or his practical jokes or his display amongst the community, but he was no Jones or Marsh in fairness. To think that the likes of Dennis Moran and Bill Peden were quality line breakers/play makers in the past couple of seasons, it doesn't overly bother to see Cliffey gaining headlines over there.

You are right, he was never in that class.

Cheers
Skinner

Jiffy

Juniors
What a load of crap, Beverley isn't even in the Salford team at the moment. Best 5/8, where on earth did that come from?

He was the best 5/8 in the LOWER DIVISION last year before Salford won promotion to Super League

at the moment Kevin McGuinness (ex Manly centre) is playing 5/8 for Salford

as for Nat Wood....well he's not a bad player. Not the best halfback in the league but he's a useful player and the Warriors could have made use of him as a half/hooker. He's very competitive and produces good things under pressure plus a top guy

The best 5/8 in Super League is Danny McGuire of Leeds

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Beverley hasn't shown up at all in Super League to be honest. He was scoring for fun in the lower grade National Leagues but hasn't yet made the step up.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Don't worry folks, it's just Robsta bullshitting on again.

Coming to a UK forum near you "Justin Murphy is the UK's best winger"

Sheddy

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:
Beverley hasn't shown up at all in Super League to be honest. He was scoring for fun in the lower grade National Leagues but hasn't yet made the step up.

No chance Beverley is the best 5/8. He has been injured for a month or so now, but is still Salfords top try scorer this season. Last year he was un-touchable but he has found Super League a lot more difficult.

He is still young and has improved his game a lot since being with Warriors so who knows?

Bruce Champion

Juniors
Beverley is garbage!

NO ONE rates him as the best 5/8 in the league over here, that crown at the moment goes to Danny Maguire at Leeds. If Harris finds his feet back in League he wont be far off either. Beverley at best is an average SL player.

Latest posts