What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club Memberships - We're second

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Table2.jpg

Beaten by the Rabbits, how did they get so many memberships especially after 90% of them don't have jobs?

Pretty meaningless statistics.

Red V memberships arent worth the value of the crappy key rings that denote them.

If I was a club like South Sydney that offered real memberships I'd be pretty peeved that the Dragons style memberships are counted as valid.

What is the point of being a non-ticketed member?

Who has the highest ticketed memberhip?

A few years ago non-ticketed membership was what was generally understood to be membership in Rugby League. It was effecitvely a 50 or so dollar yearly donation to the club.

The problem with this membership was that it involved voting rights for fans, which many clubs like St George traditionally sought to discourage. Hence these clubs had very small membership bases, generally in the low hundreds.

Then one day someone came up with the brilliant idea of simply renaming season tickets as memberships. Everyone who had previously been known simply as a season ticket holder was suddenly called a member. And just like magic clubs like us gained thousands "members" over night!

Last edited:

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Geez the Rabbits have done well in the membership stakes. Congrats to them.

Follow me Up To Carlton; what have the Bunnies offered for you to be so impressed?

I presume I'm a non-ticketed member, as I signed up for a package that doesn't include game passes. Basically a donation to the club in return for a super cheap looking Red V Members cap, a mini backpack and a few stickers.

It's not often, actually - never, that I say a good thing about the Storm, that farce of a club, but they have done well to generate the number of members on their books. Newcastle's figure is a real shame, such a rugby league town and all to themselves :-(

Big Norm

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Maybe there's a discount for every dole form donated?

My brother is a Rabbitoh, but he owns his own trucking business in America, in addition to a nice real estate portfolio in America and Australia. Some Rabbit fans aren't 'steriotypical' Bunnies;-).

Big Norm

LazyDreamer

Bench
My brother is a Rabbitoh, but he owns his own trucking business in America, in addition to a nice real estate portfolio in America and Australia. Some Rabbit fans aren't 'steriotypical' Bunnies;-).

Big Norm

Hell, the most passionate Rabbits fan I've ever met is a manager working at Centrelink. Seriously! And I'm pretty sure Rusty Crowe hasn't applied for a disability pension recently. Still, can't one have a stereotypical view of a club's fans? Even just the most common three: Souths fans = dole bludgers; Bulldogs fans = trouble-makers; Dragons fans = intelligent, attractive and well-endowed.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Black Tip Reefy once claimed the Sharks had 20,000 members. (while under the influence of....) Saints are only 7,000 off that. That's a job well done. Souths done remarkable as well. That's assuming Rusty and his band never bought all the memberships.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
My teacher supports south sydney
he bought three memberships for himself and then he bought a few more just so he could get people in free to the charity sheild. I dont know what he plans to do with the memberships, but hes boosting their numbers.
Its probably what a lot of souths fans do, they buy 6 tickets and give 5 to the less fortunate.

thommo4pm

Coach
so did our 3 game superpass...

Nothing wrong with that in my view.
People who have purchased the 3 game pass, will get a taste for it and hopefully buy a further 3 game pass with a view to a 6-12 game pass next season.
The 3 game pass is also guaranteed income for the club, so I think it's a good initiative, and lets be honest it secures those fans, and stops them from supporting other clubs.

jargan83

Coach
What is the point of being a non-ticketed member?

I am an Interstate member and that is non-ticketed

I get most of the benefits ticketed members recieve minus actual tickets and the warm fuzzy feeling you get when you contribute to your club :cool: