What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club Memberships - We're second

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Still, can't one have a stereotypical view of a club's fans? Even just the most common three: Souths fans = dole bludgers; Bulldogs fans = trouble-makers; Dragons fans = intelligent, attractive and well-endowed.

^^And bloody perochial and one eyed:D

Yeah I love a good steriotype:D.

I agree with yours and have to add Melbourne fans to that - the poor retched types that society let fall to the wayside, the amount of weirdo's that go and see that mob astonishes me. Last trip down there, the golden point loss, there was one wretched, bedragled, junkie looking woman that was leaving the grandstand and as she walked passed me I noticed she was quietly giving the Dragon Army a really sly 'bird'. She had badly hunched shouldered and the 'bird' was almost hidden under her chin and deranged grin. I had a little chuckled and then found myself bellowing at her from about a foot away 'Oi, go and have a bath you dirty thing'. It seemed to snap her out of the trace-like state she was in and she scurried off. I was expecting the missus to give me a solid clip over the head for saying what I did, but all she said was 'my god, wasn't she repulsive':lol::lol:.

Big Norm

Goddo

Bench
all memberships have some value to a club. The more the merrier

Last edited:

RAB-161

Juniors
The revenue generated by Souths Memberships was $2 million but the revenue generated by The St.George-Illawarra memberships was
$1 million. such was the discounting of the "season" tickets sold by StG/Ill.

intercept

Juniors
The revenue generated by Souths Memberships was $2 million but the revenue generated by The St.George-Illawarra memberships was
$1 million. such was the discounting of the "season" tickets sold by StG/Ill.
That might be true from a straight $ per ticket angle, but that's not considering the money that Saints will generate from having larger crowds present at each home game had they not sold as many memberships.

Larger crowds mean more people heading over to the leagues club after the game. Souths don't have a leagues club next to ANZ.

It also means a much greater taking on food/beverage sales at WIN Jubilee as opposed to what Souths would get from ANZ Stadium as they don't have the rights to the catering like we do.

I'm sure Saints are happy to discount memberships until the demand exceeds the supply, then the pricing can be reconsidered.

LazyDreamer

Bench
^^And bloody perochial and one eyed:D

Yeah I love a good steriotype:D.

I agree with yours and have to add Melbourne fans to that - the poor retched types that society let fall to the wayside, the amount of weirdo's that go and see that mob astonishes me. Last trip down there, the golden point loss, there was one wretched, bedragled, junkie looking woman that was leaving the grandstand and as she walked passed me I noticed she was quietly giving the Dragon Army a really sly 'bird'. She had badly hunched shouldered and the 'bird' was almost hidden under her chin and deranged grin. I had a little chuckled and then found myself bellowing at her from about a foot away 'Oi, go and have a bath you dirty thing'. It seemed to snap her out of the trace-like state she was in and she scurried off. I was expecting the missus to give me a solid clip over the head for saying what I did, but all she said was 'my god, wasn't she repulsive':lol::lol:.

From the few games involving Broncos I've seen, it must be a thing where clubs dominated by Qld players attract really mongo supporters. Some of the Bronco supporters I've seen...gawd - dunno if it's some multi-generational inbreeding or not, but they look as geniused as Tallis, Langer & Lockyer. Definitely someone pissing in their gene pool....(cue 'Duelling Banjoes').

RAB-161

Juniors
That might be true from a straight $ per ticket angle, but that's not considering the money that Saints will generate from having larger crowds present at each home game had they not sold as many memberships.

Larger crowds mean more people heading over to the leagues club after the game. Souths don't have a leagues club next to ANZ.

It also means a much greater taking on food/beverage sales at WIN Jubilee as opposed to what Souths would get from ANZ Stadium as they don't have the rights to the catering like we do.

I'm sure Saints are happy to discount memberships until the demand exceeds the supply, then the pricing can be reconsidered.

RAB-161

Juniors
I don't understand the theory that your crowds increase by selling game
tickets at a reduced price, especially with the three game pass which was to games that you could normally expect to get a sellout crowd, in the smaller venues that you use.

Last edited: