What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaches need cattle

Bow_rider

Juniors
This is the point where I feel sorry for Daniel Anderson.
The great Wayne Bennett would struggle with the cattle at Parra.
They have 2 good reserve grade teams. The player recruitment this year has been nothing short of disgraceful. Walker was gone before he went to England, throw in Hicks, Fats who couldn't make his FG side over there, Murray who if you watched closely last year in 20s only really had a kicking game, Billy Rogers who last year played every game for Melbournes NSW Cup team, C Maguire who, while going ok is at the end of his tenure.
Poor Morts just isn't up to it (too small).
I Believe Kearney will be a great coach, but as a coach you need something to work with to be successful.
Anderson must have done a great job 2 years ago to get to a GF with average cattle.
A long year awaits.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
Anderson did do a fantastic job with the squad he was "given" (IMO). Last year, he was unlucky.

I asked this question a while back. Would we really have been any worse off letting him see out his contract? It would have saved the club money for one.

Anyway, good luck to Kearney. He is going to need it. Somehow, I get the feeling a LOT of money will be thrown around to try and buy Kearney a decent team next year but this year will be tough.

WOE

ParraSteve

Juniors
2011 was always going to be a struggle. We've pretty much just signed players till better players come on the market and our juniors are ready for first grade.

spartan2153

Juniors
Anderson did do a fantastic job with the squad he was "given" (IMO). Last year, he was unlucky.

I asked this question a while back. Would we really have been any worse off letting him see out his contract? It would have saved the club money for one.

Anyway, good luck to Kearney. He is going to need it. Somehow, I get the feeling a LOT of money will be thrown around to try and buy Kearney a decent team next year but this year will be tough.

WOE

No because if he was succesful this year 3 p could not have found a way to sack him & bring in there golden boy. So the first chance they got they did

cirque

Juniors
I want to make couple of points here - DA does not have any idea what caused the turn around in 2009. That tells lot about the coach. Secondly, we went downhill next year. So we went backwards big time in 2010. No organization will keep their manager if they are not consistent. If we would have mad won GF in 2010 we could keep DA.
So, please I am happy DA is gone. He kept Morts and RObson. Why on the earth will extend RObson's contract.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
We missed Eric Grother jnr big time when he was out for most of last year, and feeling it again this year. Having a focused and ready Tahu would have helped

Theres two quality backs who would have given us enormous strike power.Because of their no shows Unfortunately, I feel the club got desperate and is a bit of a turnstill for older players this year who are well and truly passed their best playing days, none of them can go near what Grothe and Tahu could have offered

Personally it would have been great to see what SK could have done with Mateo, Inu, KK and Wright. Oh well, it will be a long season. Hopefully some of the younger guys can get invaluable experience and keep improving throughout the year

strider

Post Whore
i thought they needed some good footy players ... but if you think a few cows would help, then lets give it a go - nothing to lose at this point

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

WOE

You kidding me aren't you? Anderson had following players in the squad;

Tahu
Grothe
Inu
Wright
Keating
Mateo
Cayless

I would say these 6 maybe not Wright would walk into our top side.

Eels Dude

Coach
I want to make couple of points here - DA does not have any idea what caused the turn around in 2009. That tells lot about the coach. Secondly, we went downhill next year. So we went backwards big time in 2010. No organization will keep their manager if they are not consistent. If we would have mad won GF in 2010 we could keep DA.
So, please I am happy DA is gone. He kept Morts and RObson. Why on the earth will extend RObson's contract.

I think it's pretty pathetic that most people bag DA out for what was one throwaway answer in a press conference and think he's a bad coach because of it. But I guess there's a lot of gullible people out there.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
i thought they needed some good footy players ... but if you think a few cows would help, then lets give it a go - nothing to lose at this point

as long as they can play the ball correctly, there's been a bit of a crackdown

bartman

Immortal
I think it's pretty pathetic that most people bag DA out for what was one throwaway answer in a press conference and think he's a bad coach because of it. But I guess there's a lot of gullible people out there.
:thumn.

Scorer

Juniors
Right or Wrong DA is gone ...... move on.

Forget about the past look at the future. The next few weeks will see what type of coach SK really is. Although the attacking structure has improved (IMO) it is plain to see our halves are not up to first grade standard. Our kicking game last night against South was pathetic to say the least. SK will need to punt one or both of our current halves real soon or our season is gone before it began. Our centres are in effective and GI had a field day on our right hand side of defence. The pass from Walker late in the game was worse than an under 10. Hopefully Joel R will be back soon.

Chipmunk

Coach

WOE

The Club had the option to buy Beau Champion. The decision to pass on a quality centre like that totally astounds me.....

Given the game plan and structure that Kearney intended to implement, the decision not to pursue Matt Orford also disappointed me....

The decision for Matt Keating to be the first player re-signed horrified me!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Kearney didn't go for Champion and pulled out of Orford because he was happy with the current roster of players.

We are 1 from 3, probably 2 from 4. I think we are going quite well.

Scorer

Juniors
Kearney didn't go for Champion and pulled out of Orford because he was happy with the current roster of players.

We are 1 from 3, probably 2 from 4. I think we are going quite well.

You think we are going quite well ????

2 from 4 very optimistic based on last nights performance.

As Pauline Hanson would say ..... "please explain"

Last edited:

Latest posts