What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra Kai

axl rose

Bench
I think maybe he’s just a bad actor
He at least looked a little enthusiastic in the first couple of seasons, now he just looks stoned.

Probably 1 season too many. First half of the season dragged badly. Picked up towards the end. If there are more seasons, please, no more StingRay. Though he did have one good scene at least.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Poor mans IP Man, but yeah love the show, if you have not got into the crane position.....you suck.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
He at least looked a little enthusiastic in the first couple of seasons, now he just looks stoned.

Probably 1 season too many. First half of the season dragged badly. Picked up towards the end. If there are more seasons, please, no more StingRay. Though he did have one good scene at least.

Have a you watched Richard Jewell? Hard to believe it’s the same actor

Matua

Bench
The last couple of pages of this thread suggests I'm not alone in questioning the quality of this show. On another forum I'm a member of they discuss it like it's the Mona Lisa on TV.

My main issues with it, aside from the cheesiness, is that characters aren't characters, rather they're blank surfaces that the writers paint on with no regard to what they painted previously. There's no actual arcs, just snaps between one personality and another, sometimes in an episode.

The constant Daniel v Johnny fall out, make friends, fall out over something really stupid, make friends etc got boring sometime in S2.

I've still watched all 4 seasons though, so go figure.

Wizardman

First Grade
The criticism I've read in these threads have been pretty harsh. "Cobra Kai" is not and never will be a piece of art. Im a big lover of the 80s and the old films and love when it looks back repeatedly at them. It is something I appreciate.
I've enjoyed all four series.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The criticism I've read in these threads have been pretty harsh. "Cobra Kai" is not and never will be a piece of art. Im a big lover of the 80s and the old films and love when it looks back repeatedly at them. It is something I appreciate.
People are taking this show way to seriously, it’s a cheesy throw back to the 80’s. And never claimed to be something it’s not. I do agree that the Johnny/Daniel niggling shit has run its course and it’s time to move on from that.

axl rose

Bench
Regarding season 5 they should go to Japan for an international tournament and a fight to the death Karate Kid 2 style. Ive heard Ralph Macchio say it should always have a smaller scale in the valley though.

Cant see Kreese being in season 5 much, they might give his character a break. Could give a few others a break as well since they have given Daniels son a more prominent role and introduced Kenny.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
If you re-read my criticism, it's more based around the quality others are subscribing too it. As I note, as stupid as I think it is at times I'm still watching.

nöyd

Staff member
Really struggling to get through season 5, there is some character development, it's just not to anyone's benefit.

Daniel's paranoia around Silver is so frigging tiresome, even if it is warranted. Feel like we saw it with Kreese already.

Silver is just Kreese with a credit card.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah… it definitely jumped the shark at the high school fight I think…

but I do think the writers do some good things with character development… I enjoy the fact that they flesh out every character… even the villains.

did anyone else find ironic seeing Tyron Woodley as a Cobra Kai karate sensei… 😂😂

the dude was a wrestler who literally spent 2 entire fights or 10 full rounds against Wonderboy trying to avoid Karate like the plague… 🤣🤣

I won’t forget it… I’m never gonna get those 50mins of my life back… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Karate Kid 3 is one of the worst movies ever made and Terry Silver as a character in it was laughable.

I love his character is Cobra Kai though, he plays the evil rich psycho dude very well

Dogs Of War

Coach
Really struggling to get through season 5, there is some character development, it's just not to anyone's benefit.

Daniel's paranoia around Silver is so frigging tiresome, even if it is warranted. Feel like we saw it with Kreese already.

Silver is just Kreese with a credit card.
I got through 2 eps before deciding I’ve had enough.

mackdadday

Juniors
Finished season 5 and loved it! So many good moments such as the silly trip to Mexico, drunken Chozen and the best senseis from around the world being suitably pretty crap and evil.