What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Sorry if this has been reported somewhere on here but just reading Cody is very sick and in hospital.....apparently he is battling ulcerated colitis.....lets hope he has a speedy recovery and back on deck soon

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
Bad news for Cody.
Our club knew Cody was going to struggle back in December yet we sit on our hands doing nothing about recruiting replacements.. coupled w Amone who looks unlikely to play this year as well we have 2 of our starting backs out before a ball is kicked.. what goes on behind closed doors ? I mean seriously this club moves so slow…unless there a couple of youngsters waiting in the wings ready to go .. I just don’t know anymore..

Kiama_Dragon

Juniors
Bad news for Cody.
Our club knew Cody was going to struggle back in December yet we sit on our hands doing nothing about recruiting replacements.. coupled w Amone who looks unlikely to play this year as well we have 2 of our starting backs out before a ball is kicked.. what goes on behind closed doors ? I mean seriously this club moves so slow…unless there a couple of youngsters waiting in the wings ready to go .. I just don’t know anymore..
Agree. Couldn’t have said it better. Our recruitment is so reactive. Doesn’t seem to be a plan in place.

thebigredv

First Grade
Agree. Couldn’t have said it better. Our recruitment is so reactive. Doesn’t seem to be a plan in place.
When you haven't made finals in five years what do you do?

You sign Liddle, Musgrove and Murdoch-Masila, cross your fingers and hope your luck turns around. You lose two of your best young stars before a ball has been kicked and what do you do? You just keep crossing your fingers.

The coach is a fraud.
Webb is a liar.
The board are an abomination.

Watch them all keep each other in a job and us remain perpetually obsolete in the competition.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yes- I"ve been saying the same thing- but having said that, the rules surrounding cap relief for long-term injured players and players stood down for legal reasons need urgent review. Cody, a key spine player for us is out for the season before a football is thrown or kicked in anger and we get zero relief???. Amone probably gone for the season- at least- and also some vague compensation scheme based on projected games lost- good luck working that one out.

It's a lose, lose situation for the Dragons but as usual the Board and CEO won't complain- respect the process- the usual cliches- code for useless, spineless, unimaginative blazer wearing dullards.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes- I"ve been saying the same thing- but having said that, the rules surrounding cap relief for long-term injured players and players stood down for legal reasons need urgent review. Cody, a key spine player for us is out for the season before a football is thrown or kicked in anger and we get zero relief???. Amone probably gone for the season- at least- and also some vague compensation scheme based on projected games lost- good luck working that one out.

It's a lose, lose situation for the Dragons but as usual the Board and CEO won't complain- respect the process- the usual cliches- code for useless, spineless, unimaginative blazer wearing dullards.
Re Ramsay. You cant do that unless it happens in a rep game. It is the same for everybody so why do we have to complain.
Re Amone, well the offer is there to go for cap relief and that is what our admin are paid to do. Work it out, get relief, sign a player. It is not rocket science

BLM01

First Grade
Bad news for Cody.
We have Sloane and Treigh Stewart for fullback.
We have Bud for Amone
This may turn out to be a blessing if those players shine in their positions
BTW. There were no decent replacements out there to buy for 1 or 6 for this year
All eyes on next year

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Re Ramsay. You cant do that unless it happens in a rep game. It is the same for everybody so why do we have to complain.
Re Amone, well the offer is there to go for cap relief and that is what our admin are paid to do. Work it out, get relief, sign a player. It is not rocket science

Well, we complain because we're going to be two key spine players down in 23 under separate current NRL rules without the ability to replace one (Ramsey) at all- and the second (Amone)- as I said-the rules surrounding compensation are so vague it requires making predictions which are impossible to make about player unavailability. No one has any idea how long Amone's case to be finalised due to the number of variables (how he pleas, court waiting times, problems with juries etc.) Can you name me another club that is in a similar situation?

Cody has an illness- not an injury- and so the rule about rep games is irrelevant to him The bottom line is we are down a player at least for 23- maybe forever. Not his fault- not anyone's fault. His illness has ended players careers in other contact sports. This rule needs a re-think and this is something our club could be on the front foot to the NRL about.

The fact that everyone is affected the same way by a season ending illness/injury doesn't make it a good- and most importantly- fair rule- as we are experiencing now.

When you haven't made finals in five years what do you do?

You sign Liddle, Musgrove and Murdoch-Masila, cross your fingers and hope your luck turns around. You lose two of your best young stars before a ball has been kicked and what do you do? You just keep crossing your fingers.

The coach is a fraud.
Webb is a liar.
The board are an abomination.

Watch them all keep each other in a job and us remain perpetually obsolete in the competition.
The three new players are actually an improvement on the players they replaced.

losing Ramsey & Amone for the season is a blow, however we do have Sloan and Sullivan.

Do we need some reinforcements? Yes

Has the coach struggled from day 1, Yes

Is Webb a liar ? Not in my view

Is the board useless ? Yes of course

thebigredv

First Grade
The three new players are actually an improvement on the players they replaced.

losing Ramsey & Amone for the season is a blow, however we do have Sloan and Sullivan.

Do we need some reinforcements? Yes

Has the coach struggled from day 1, Yes

Is Webb a liar ? Not in my view

Is the board useless ? Yes of course
Could the club do a whole lot better than replace our discards with rejects? Yes

Do they ever? No

Every year the fans are asked to wait as the club takes a 'modest and sensible approach'. The one time we shifted paradigms and actually went ruthless in challenging for the premiership ended in a premiership - the only one in my life time.

If we had attempted what the Dogs have done the last two years off the field the place would be buzzing.

Dogs may flop but it might bring them the success they are gunning for. At least they can say they tried. We know where our approach leads us.

Webb made us wait for some considerable additions to the squad. I'm still yet to see any that make us a team that will view for top 4. Lies.

Could the club do a whole lot better than replace our discards with rejects? Yes

Do they ever? No

Every year the fans are asked to wait as the club takes a 'modest and sensible approach'. The one time we shifted paradigms and actually went ruthless in challenging for the premiership ended in a premiership - the only one in my life time.

If we had attempted what the Dogs have done the last two years off the field the place would be buzzing.

Dogs may flop but it might bring them the success they are gunning for. At least they can say they tried. We know where our approach leads us.

Webb made us wait for some considerable additions to the squad. I'm still yet to see any that make us a team that will view for top 4. Lies.
As you are aware, our club is competing with 16 other clubs to recruit players.

we have several factors that negatively impact recruitment efforts:

1. Poor administration at Board level
2. A coach with an archaic game plan
3. A lack of recent success
4. 2 home grounds and training grounds
5. Wollongong is a considerable distance from Sydney
6. The CEO has stated we waited for the salary cap to be determined prior to attempting to negotiate with players

The three players you referred to as rejects are an upgrade on what we had last season.

They are not high profile signings.

Flegler, Thompson and Fifita are just three players who may become available in February 2023.

Until the future of Hook is decided we will struggle to sign any high profile targets without paying overs.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, yes things look a bit sad at this stage. Hey not lecturing anyone, just don’t want any of my fellow dragon supporters firing off some frustrated comments which may step them into some strife.

Cody Ramsay’s serious illness and Junior Amone‘s situation are outside of the club’s control. I’m sure that our club administrators want the best possible team on the park and are putting together a cap relief proposal regarding Amone’s stand down to submit to the NRL. It’s probably true we don’t have the ‘connection’ firepower to get a few big name signings over the line but let’s keep our chins up. But here is an opportunity for the much hoped for Sullivan and Sloan to see what they can produce.

I don’t believe that Hook is a terrible coach. Let’s see how this season pans out. I’ll cheer on Jason Liddle and other signings because they wear the jersey with the big red v or the Steelers red with St George Illawarra on the chest crest. Best wishes to Cody for the best possible recovery.