What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Mountain

B.L.L.G

Retired
Has anybody seen Nicole Kidmans Cold Mountain movie?

I`m not a fan of hers but i saw it yesterday at Nambucca plaza and it was great.

When i read the movie review it was mentioning civil war and confederate soldiers and i`m there thinking "Gangs of NY"
It`s really a great movie and i want the sound track cause there was some great songs.

I`m really into country an western music lately.
Blue grass roots type music you know?
I`m back home in Macksville currently and we had some bluegrass band playing down at the Star hotel last Saturday called Treacle Line.
They were from Ingland but they had adopted Yanky accents.
They were pretty frigin good.
They even done Dueling Banjo`s from the movie Deliverance.
I just got up and did a slow poke dance man.
I`m getting the Cold Mountain CD.
I`m sick of listening to my Oh Brother where are thou CD.
I bought this CD recently called Going home....it`s bluegrass southern Kentucky if you know what i mean.

So yer, go see Cold Mountain.
It takes awhile to get going but its a nice movie its humming along.
Natalie Portman is in it Donald Sutherland....Jenna Malone.....Jenna Malone goes "For an extra 30 bucks i`ll pull my dress up over my head."
That was golden.
The guy Bill the Butcher throws an ax at is in it.....he has big ears.......And Renee zelwegger was fantastic...I think that she stole the show........
Her preformance was outstanding.
The way she rips that roosters head off......
The scenery was spectacular man........
I like the show down at the end with the 2 guys on horses...that was power...gives me goose bumps..."I have the element of youth on my side." BANG!

I saw Lord of the Rings 3 a week ago....nothing special........pretty predictable........there was a lot of dangerous man on man love in that film...i think that Sam and Frodo were in some sort of male relationship.....

And what about that spice girls part in it......That girl power crap with that lady and the sword with the big devil monster....."No man can kill me!" "I`m not a man...i`m a WOMAN!!!!!!" girl power, girl power, go girl, go girl...Gimme a break....

I`m in danger of seeing Tom Cruises Last samurai some time this week as there is nothing else to see........

Maybe i could see Cold Mountain again...
Hear Kidmans accent? At times she`s mixed between a Yanky accent and a Aussie accent.....She hasn`t mastered the Yanky accent really.....
At times her grace on the screne is worthy of the awards she`s nominated for.

Hey....who thought that Smeagol sort`a went down like the T-1000 in lord of the rings 3?

Anyway, hello from Macksville y`all.

Parki

Bench
What about "Lost in Translation" Bill Murray is up for an oscar for his performance in it, surely it cant be that bad?

B.L.L.G

Retired
Lost in transition?
Doesn`t look like much.
Besides it`s PG.
And it`s got that new upcoming actress in it.
She seems a bit stuck up.
Don`t know her name but i read about her in last sundays paper extra guide.

B.L.L.G

Retired
Did y`all see me in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago?
I wrote Mundine should step up a division and fight Sheila`s.

I sent in 2 letters for this Sundays paper.
I wrote some thing about Hewitt an Clijsters being brother an sister and i wrote under my Sooo`da`nem P.Strong about feminists.

Good bye.

Oh any my Death Skull photos are on their way very soon....

~bedsy~

First Grade
I thought Cold Mountain could have been shorter... but I don't think it was all bad of a movie... Lost in Translation wasn't my type of movie.. I won't be in a rush to see it again.

sexybum

Juniors
cold mountain was okay i guess, if it wasnt for renee zellweggers role it would have been a complete dud...In my opinion it wasn't nicoles best movie....but Jude Law was a babe! lol :D

That mcdui is a good looking woman wrestler whose picture doesnt do her justice
Shes just about to step up into "Playboy"-Victoria is her name[Umm..Might change it}

34 days until...'hes a villain Mr Frodo"

~bedsy~

First Grade
sexybum said:
cold mountain was okay i guess, if it wasnt for renee zellweggers role it would have been a complete dud...In my opinion it wasn't nicoles best movie....but Jude Law was a babe! lol :D
Renee was funny in it... I'm glad she was nominated.... I think I saw a bit more of Nicloe then I would have liked though.

Latest posts