What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colin Worst (Best)

azza

Juniors
I've watched this guy play on the wing for Saints fairly closely since he signed us and, to put it frankly, while his try scoring ability is there, his defence is atrocious.

So often he doesn't work with his man inside inside his own team's redzone and just rushes in leaving an overlap for the opposition to exploit. I have seen six or seven occassions in the last four or five matches where this has occurred. IMO Henry needs to give this guy huge defensive lessons ASAP, or else we will have one of the poorest wing defences in the NRL.

nickraider

Juniors
He was woeful last night imo. Came in on a number of occasions when he shouldn't have and paid the price. If this is our 'best' signing for next year, we're in a world of hurt :x

Bay56

First Grade
azza said:
I've watched this guy play on the wing for Saints fairly closely since he signed us and, to put it frankly, while his try scoring ability is there, his defence is atrocious.

So often he doesn't work with his man inside inside his own team's redzone and just rushes in leaving an overlap for the opposition to exploit. I have seen six or seven occassions in the last four or five matches where this has occurred. IMO Henry needs to give this guy huge defensive lessons ASAP, or else we will have one of the poorest wing defences in the NRL.

When he was signed one of the first posts I wrote indicated that he might look great outside the likes of Gaz and Coops but he will be not much more than a turnstile for us .... I dont think my initial assessment of Best will be incorrect.

Edwahu

Bench
I still think he will be a great signing. His defense isnt great at times but a lot of the time he gets left high and dry by his inside men. Mogg also turned into the best defensive center around, im guessing largely thanks to Furner, so hopefully he should help him in that department.

Raider_69

Post Whore
back off him, he was awesome for one reason:

i threw 10 bucks on him for First try scorer last night @ $13

Mase

Juniors
Strong rumour, the 3 walker brothers are signing with Canberra for next 2 years.

Interesting move by the raiders....

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I still think he is a potentially good signing. I'll reserve my opinion until I see how he goes next year.

Bay56

First Grade
Mase said:
Strong rumour, the 3 walker brothers are signing with Canberra for next 2 years.

Interesting move by the raiders....

dont be stupid Mase ... not even our management could be that stupid

SOULS 04

Juniors
mannnnn i saw a fuggen wombat in qbn.

i didint know those thiongs just walked around here.

kebabs are good when drinking

Chachi

Bench
Yeah, it is a real worry, especially with Schif and Mogg gone. Potentially I think he could still be OK, but then again I still think Frawley could be OK!

thickos

First Grade
Souls - WTF? :lol:

Best has been poor the past couple of weeks, no doubt. But he brings a lot of top-grade experience to our backline, is big and is quick. I still think he'll go well.

legend

Coach
Frawley can be good, very good in fact. He is just lazy and his performance against the Storm this year was one of the worst I have ever seen from a first grade winger.

dubby

Bench
Agreed Legend. Frawley has loads of ability and pace...just lacks the mental strength to make it work.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Colin Best will be a top class signing for us
he is a potent finisher, and at present Graham is our only one of those, he is quick and ellusive, defencively he is no worse then mogg was back in the day or even howell/purtell/chalk/graham on a bad day

im confident in our caoching team to get him reasonable in defence