What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collis - Officially GONE

steven_tiger

Juniors
Cronulla sign Wests Tigers centre Dean Collis to a two-year deal

July 13, 2009 Cronulla have continued their aggressive recruitment drive with the signing of Wests Tigers centre Dean Collis to a two-year deal.

Collis joins fellow Sharks recruits John Morris (Tigers), Paul Aiton (Penrith), Adam Cuthbertson (Manly) and Albert Kelly (Parramatta).

The Sharks have also announced the re-signing of experienced goal kicking winger Luke Covell to a new one-year deal.

Sharks Coach Ricky Stuart said he had a lot of faith in 23-year-old Collis.

"You only have to go back two years ago and Dean had a representative experience playing for City and I still think his best football is in front of him," Stuart said.

Currently recovering from an arm injury, Collis has played just eight top grade games for the Tigers this year and 77 in total during an NRL career which began when he was a 17-year-old in 2003.

Collis has scored 20 NRL tries and kicked 15 goals from 18 attempts in 2008.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25772149-23214,00.html

Last edited:

tiger_nick

Bench
FMD so this clean out that sheens has talked about has involved two of our most promising outside backs.

we're well and truely f*cked.

N.C.

Juniors
Been on the cards since Halatau busted his arm. Not surprised. Not even disappointed, though I thought I would be...

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Not surprised- this has been talked about since early in year. Only surprise was Cronulla- early mail was Bulldogs if I recall correctly. Good luck to him- lets face it not too much o a loss. Collis has not lived up to expectations. I hope he does well under a new coach.

Spot

Juniors
Good move for both parties. Hopefully Collis can kick start his career at another club

I wonder if we are clearing the decks for a play at someone decent

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Who will pair Lawrence in the centres now?

I'd shift Ryan to centres and put in a new winger. If Tupou is fit he'd have first crack on wing. Might as well since we signed him for rest of 2009..... And yes, as NC commented there is Ayshford too.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Who will pair Lawrence in the centres now?

Who is playing alongside Lawrence now ?

Are you blind ? Haven't you seen Ashyford play ? He has done nothing wrong and will get better.

Ryan in the centres.....please....some people have no idea.

macnaz

Staff member
Yep just what i thought, we'll use one of our big strong fast centres to slot straight in there :(

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Ryan is a centre played out of position, is he not?

So you'd rather Ryan in the centres than Ashyford ?

Ashyford can be something special. He is yourg and I can see him getting better. Ryan cannot be more than what he is at the moment. Average footy player. Nothing special.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
So you'd rather Ryan in the centres than Ashyford ?

Ashyford can be something special. He is yourg and I can see him getting better. Ryan cannot be more than what he is at the moment. Average footy player. Nothing special.

Mate, I have no probs with Ayshford playing alongside Lawrence. I must admit I forgot about him but before I condemn Ryan to the purgatry of averageness I'd like to see him get some sort of a go at his natural position- centre. How its done I dont know- maybe from interchange bench?

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Mate, I have no probs with Ayshford playing alongside Lawrence. I must admit I forgot about him but before I condemn Ryan to the purgatry of averageness I'd like to see him get some sort of a go at his natural position- centre. How its done I dont know- maybe from interchange bench?

Ashyford is way better than Ryan.

Ashyford has a good head on his shoulders, handles himself under pressure, has very good vision, is big and strong and hardly does a thing wrong.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
1. Gallant
2. Tupou
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuiaki
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen

This would keep me happy.
Yeah i guess the more i think of Ayshford the more i think he'll be ok. He is still a kid and well get better with every game