What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

combine covverage

if u dont have espn than none. but at least sportscenter will have a little bit of info on whats happening with it.

Skeletor

Juniors
The combine is woefully, woefully overrated anyway. Especially the 40 and the vertical leap tests, these are done in shorts and shoes with no football pads or anything. Most scouts go on 3 things nowadays:
1) Their college football history.
2) The medical at the combine.
3) The interview at the combine. It is the equivalent of a job interview.

Big Tim

First Grade
The only time a 40 matters is when it is one of those bigger North-South backs..... If they can run a quick 40 with no gear on, they should be great in gear... other than that it is just a way of pushing average guys into higher draft spots.

Mal Meninga

Bench
If a player shows up at the combine showing improvement I think it says alot about their character and desire of wanting to be a successful professional. When he was an assistant at the G-men, Mike Nolan said that one player in particular caught his eye. That player wanted to participate in everything possible... That player was Teddy Bruschi.

While I don't think a bad 40 time should lose you $1 million, it doesn't help if you turn up overweight or out of shape.

dragonfire

Bench
Big Tim said:
The only time a 40 matters is when it is one of those bigger North-South backs..... If they can run a quick 40 with no gear on, they should be great in gear... other than that it is just a way of pushing average guys into higher draft spots.

that is one thing i was wondering about, why wouldnt the backs want to run in full gear to give a more accurate showing of speed. For me the biggest shock was seeing Ali Highsmith running a 4.96 or something around there. In game the guy looks like a speedster, heck there was talk that he could play FS rather than WLB and saw a clip of him keeping pace with Darren McFadden. weird eh

Philby

Juniors
www.nfl.com & espn.com had alot of video footage from the combine.
By the way Chris long will be the No.1 pick if Miami dont trade it away. He had a great showing at the combine as well as a strong season @ virginia

Latest posts