What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Competition to be televised?

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I have been told that the competition is set to be televised but they are undecided on who the broadcaster will be.

Has anyone got anymore information on it?

Merry Christmas :)

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Just got the Big League annual for Christmas and it says that;

1. Channel 9 will be showing a one hour package of one of the Friday night games on Sunday afternoon.

2. Sky NZ will be showing all of the Warriors U20's live

3. Discussions are continuing with Fox.

Sounding good so far.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/0,22520,20080315,00.html
http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/0,22520,20080316,00.html

Listed as "LIVE NRL Sports Special" at 3:00pm-5:00pm on Saturday and 11:30am-1:30pm on Sunday but it would seem pretty obvious that Fox will be telecasting the Toyota Cup games that are the curtain raisers for the 5:30pm Saturday and 2:00pm Sunday NRL games.

Good idea i reckon, i know its not the same as an NRL game but it should however keep some people happy that their is rugby league on a Sat arvo all be it not the highest standard of the game.

Timbo

Staff member
Except of course that the Saturday 5.30 game is usually the worst game of the round, so you'll have two teams nobody cares about (except their supporters) playing each other.

On the plus side there should be plenty of Raiders U20 games on! :)

Quidgybo

Bench
Timbo said:
Except of course that the Saturday 5.30 game is usually the worst game of the round, so you'll have two teams nobody cares about (except their supporters) playing each other.
Well (arguably) the worst game in first grade. But that's no guide to the relative positions of those same clubs in the NYC. It could just as easily be 1st vs 2nd as any other matchup.

Leigh.

Wicks

Juniors
Timbo said:

On the plus side there should be plenty of Raiders U20 games on! :)

Saturday 5.30 hasnt been the worse game of the round for a few years now It is now in the top three fox sports games weekly because they need a strong start to Super Saturday See Eels and Dogs Roosters and Storm in the first three rounds

Sometimes it does end up as the worst game because of what teams want with scheduling or how teams have been going

Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/0,22520,20080315,00.html
http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/0,22520,20080316,00.html

Listed as "LIVE NRL Sports Special" at 3:00pm-5:00pm on Saturday and 11:30am-1:30pm on Sunday but it would seem pretty obvious that Fox will be telecasting the Toyota Cup games that are the curtain raisers for the 5:30pm Saturday and 2:00pm Sunday NRL games.

i posted that and it is in no way comfirmed i assumed that it might be that

im a bit worried at the special part and the fact that it doesnt say under 20s like i thought it would

joel caine number 1 fan said:
i posted that and it is in no way comfirmed i assumed that it might be that

im a bit worried at the special part and the fact that it doesnt say under 20s like i thought it would

I probably should've given you credit for discovering it. I did not say it was confirmed either, just that it was "pretty obvious", which it clearly is.

I wouldn't worry yourself about it being listed as a special. The most likely explanation for this is that the people who wrote the program guide either (a) didn't know what to call it or (b) did not call it as Toyota Cup, awaiting an official announcemenet.

You have to ask yourself a very simple question; what other Live NRL event is on at those times? The answer is none.

Now, the only other plausible explanation of "special" I can come up with is that they'll only run with Toyota Cup games on certain weeks or even only in Round 1. This seems unlikely to me.

Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
I probably should've given you credit for discovering it. I did not say it was confirmed either, just that it was "pretty obvious", which it clearly is.

I wouldn't worry yourself about it being listed as a special. The most likely explanation for this is that the people who wrote the program guide either (a) didn't know what to call it or (b) did not call it as Toyota Cup, awaiting an official announcemenet.

You have to ask yourself a very simple question; what other Live NRL event is on at those times? The answer is none.

Now, the only other plausible explanation of "special" I can come up with is that they'll only run with Toyota Cup games on certain weeks or even only in Round 1. This seems unlikely to me.

dont worry bout the credit lol

but yeh it is the 100 year of rl so maybe foxtel and nrl might have something else planned before the game i dunno hope it is the under 20s though

the toyota cup will be shown on saturdays and sundays with the game before the 5 30 pm nrl match and the game before the sunday 2 pm match to be televised.

Latest posts