What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concessions..Juniors and Loyalty.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Jimbo said:
STSAE said:
Your club hasnt been around for 10years. Illasox!!!
No concessions for you dimsim!!

:lol: :lol:

Beat me to it, you bastard!!

:lol:

Well You two Knowalls, Better call the league up, as Saints get a 100,000 Exemption for Timmins.

Quick...

;-) ;-) ;-) :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

STSAE

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
Jimbo said:
STSAE said:

Well You two Knowalls, Better call the league up, as Saints get a 100,000 Exemption for Timmins.

Quick...

Ah illasox dont choke on the dimsim!!!!

You always get the breaks. You know takeover, $9mill team, the big one v Melb???(didnt quite convert that fortune cookie, did ya?? - how long has it been then eh??)

Timmins gets 100000 dimsims a year in under the lazy susan payments each chinese new year. Yum Cha you chop stick!!!!!

STSAE

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
Jimbo said:
STSAE said:

Quick...

You always get the breaks. You know takeover, $9mill team, the big one v Melb???(didnt quite convert that fortune cookie, did ya?? - how long has it been then eh??)

Timmins gets 100000 dimsims a year in under the lazy susan payments each chinese new year. Yum Cha you chop stick!!!!!

STSAE

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
Jimbo said:
STSAE said:

Quick...

Collateral

Coach
Good old STSAE, the bloke who makes about as much sense as a drunk talking to a dog about quantum physics.

Rexxy

Coach
I should have guessed Stacy is as incoherent here as when she left the typing pool and headed over to WORL. She made a big fuss about dobbing the site into the Rooster lawyers only to find that all the shit stopped the minute she came over all mute.

Melon Beach - Stacy and The Muffins

ozzie

Bench
RedDragon said:
Good old STSAE, the bloke who makes about as much sense as a drunk talking to a dog about quantum physics.

maybe I can decipher it for you - may be wrong - but he is trying to say - tell us about the $8m you guys wasted - bet it went on your juniors...

I think that's what he is trying to say...

junior009

Juniors
This is a proposal I agree with. Your right, it would take some fine tuning but I think as a basic concept this is the best idea.

However, I can see the NRL's response (and can also see it makes alot of sense). Forgive me if I talk in circles but hopefully you'll understand what I mean. The salary cap is in place to protect clubs from themselves, amongst other reasons. Newcastle are a good example. They walk a financial tightrope every year, but produce quite alot of Juniors. If they were given salary cap exemptions for these Juniors they would be hurting themselves by spending more even though it is within the rules.

I can already hear you saying if they can't afford it they don't have to spend it...this is a theory that history has shown does not work. Clubs go bankrupt, or even worse cease to exist.

I do agree with your base model but I can also see where there are some flaws, I don't know how you'd fix them.

bazza

Immortal
I think the concession for long serving players - 10 years or more should start from the time they joined the club or played junior football.

That way a local junior would all ready have 10 years service by the time they were 24 or so - depending on when they started.

This way clubs like Newcastle and Penrith would benefit as they have a lot of guys who are local juniors. Similarly a club like the Roosters would also benefit as they get guys over when they are in their late teens

TRANSLATION

Juniors
bazza said:
I think the concession for long serving players - 10 years or more should start from the time they joined the club or played junior football.

That way a local junior would all ready have 10 years service by the time they were 24 or so - depending on when they started.

This way clubs like Newcastle and Penrith would benefit as they have a lot of guys who are local juniors. Similarly a club like the Roosters would also benefit as they get guys over when they are in their late teens

I think it should start from at least 16/17 years of age. It gives guys that have played First grade football a good gift in the backhalf of their carreers, knowing that they can stick around and both get rewarded.

I dont think it would work if 24 year old players get the concession. It would last for another 7 years. Too long.

26/27 is a better start. IMHO

Bozza 1980

Juniors
The key reason for the salary cap is to try and limit the payment of players to an amount that the industry as a whole can afford.

What blinds the issue is that certain clubs can afford to pay more for players meaning that the salaries for players get overinflated in relation to what the industry can afford.

I can't remember where it was that I read somewhere, but the figures showed that at the time (about 18 months ago) AFL clubs were paying 40% of their football revenue to players, for NRL clubs the figure was much closer to 100%, meaning that most clubs were purely surving on the revenue raised by their leagues clubs.

What needs to happen for the salary cap to increase is for all the clubs to increase their revenue and that won't happen as long as the richer clubs can continue to inflate the wages.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Bozza 1980 said:
The key reason for the salary cap is to try and limit the payment of players to an amount that the industry as a whole can afford.

What blinds the issue is that certain clubs can afford to pay more for players meaning that the salaries for players get overinflated in relation to what the industry can afford.

I can't remember where it was that I read somewhere, but the figures showed that at the time (about 18 months ago) AFL clubs were paying 40% of their football revenue to players, for NRL clubs the figure was much closer to 100%, meaning that most clubs were purely surving on the revenue raised by their leagues clubs.

What needs to happen for the salary cap to increase is for all the clubs to increase their revenue and that won't happen as long as the richer clubs can continue to inflate the wages.

Pokie Tax is a step in the Wrong Direction. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

There has to be a way in where Clubs are rewarded for their Developement of junior players. and Rewards for loyal players who want to stay at the same club for the entire career.
The game must allow this to happen, How ?.. Im not melon. :oops: .But some other genuis can work it out.

STSAE

Juniors
ozzie said:
RedDragon said:

maybe I can decipher it for you - may be wrong - but he is trying to say - tell us about the $8m you guys wasted - bet it went on your juniors...

I think that's what he is trying to say...

You know the score ozzie, except $9 mill is the figure I had in mind. :lol:

Sorry it came thru 3 times that was some stuffup, not intended.

Rex ChUNT you still pack the fudge. Banned me 2 times you little wench, then keep going at me when Im gone. Just like your club, weak and gutless. I still love you though!!!! :lol: :lol:

Dim Sim 10 years no concessions. Illasox how long??. Splinters hurt eh!!! :lol: :lol: