What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concessions? What a joke.

ibeme

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
ibeme said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
ibeme said:
I can't recall any Bulldogs supporter seriously calling for a concession. Some have referred to Andrew Johns indicating that if he got one to stay in the code, why shouldn't Sonny Bill?

I personally don't think any concessions should be offered, unless the NRL decides to introduce new concession rules across the board.

Shifty wrote:
"In the interests of the game in Australia and consistency with the approach taken with Johns, Gallop has an obligation to ensure Williams is granted concession under the salary cap to stay in the NRL.

No David, the cap hasn't been compromised."

I said seriously. This was obviously a point Shifty made to highlight the danger in the precedent set by Andrew Johns. He's already stated that he doesn't think Sonny should get a concession.

He is serious otherwise why would he say it. You can try and twist it but it's his words.

You obviously don't understand the intricacies of irony. He was pointing out the irony, not seriously calling for a concession. He was blasting the Andrew Johns concession. He's said that he doesn't think Sonny should get a concession. That's not twisting words. That's straight out fact. You can read back a few posts if you like to see for yourself where he said it.

ibeme said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
ibeme said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
ibeme said:
I can't recall any Bulldogs supporter seriously calling for a concession. Some have referred to Andrew Johns indicating that if he got one to stay in the code, why shouldn't Sonny Bill?

I personally don't think any concessions should be offered, unless the NRL decides to introduce new concession rules across the board.

Shifty wrote:
"In the interests of the game in Australia and consistency with the approach taken with Johns, Gallop has an obligation to ensure Williams is granted concession under the salary cap to stay in the NRL.

No David, the cap hasn't been compromised."

I said seriously. This was obviously a point Shifty made to highlight the danger in the precedent set by Andrew Johns. He's already stated that he doesn't think Sonny should get a concession.

He is serious otherwise why would he say it. You can try and twist it but it's his words.

You obviously don't understand the intricacies of irony. He was pointing out the irony, not seriously calling for a concession. He was blasting the Andrew Johns concession. He's said that he doesn't think Sonny should get a concession. That's not twisting words. That's straight out fact. You can read back a few posts if you like to see for yourself where he said it.

What are you raving on about? He said it, clear and precise. :roll:

bulldog

Bench
Is anyone keeping count of how many Bulldog related threads have been started by Roosters "supporters" over the past few weeks, an empty vessel makes the most noise.

bulldog

Bench
Rooster Cogburn. said:
You Canterbury supporters are so insecure. :lol:

We secured a premiership from your mob, have an outstanding team heading into the '05 season, have the hottest property to hit RL in many years on our books, yeah we're insecure.

bulldog said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
You Canterbury supporters are so insecure. :lol:

We secured a premiership from your mob, have an outstanding team heading into the '05 season, have the hottest property to hit RL in many years on our books, yeah we're insecure.

You didn't secure a premiership from us. You beat us in a gf and we beat NZ in 2002. As far as sonny Jim goes in my opinion he's overrated. If you looked up his name in the dictionary it would mean All hype. He's just another player. There's plenty of good young players in the NRL. Anthony Tupou will make a bigger impact than sunny Jim in 2005.

JJ

Immortal
taxidriver said:
Anthony Tupou will make a bigger impact than sunny Jim in 2005.

RC, I think this quote will come back to bite you on the behind.

There's nothing new in RCs comments coming back to haunt him.

There are many many more knowldgeable league people that have suggested SBW (call him Sonny Bill, RC, why be derogatory) is the hottest propert in many years. Tupou is an exciting talent, but it's like comparing Breet Rodwell with Brad Fittler.

You didn't secure a premiership from us. You beat us in a gf and we beat NZ in 2002.

Obviously you've reased 2003 from your memory, lmfao. And if you insist on calling the Roosters Easts, then call NZ Auckland

OVP

Coach
Translation = StGillaMan

You shouldnt have posted who you were in another thread mate ;)

Sprung ;-)

p.s. it should have been obvious ... taxidriver seems to follow him around like a bad smell ;-)

Kiwi

First Grade
OVP said:
Translation = StGillaMan

You shouldnt have posted who you were in another thread mate ;)

Sprung ;-)

p.s. it should have been obvious ... taxidriver seems to follow him around like a bad smell ;-)

No wonder he comes across as a tosser

NZ Warrior

First Grade
JJ said:
Obviously you've reased 2003 from your memory, lmfao. And if you insist on calling the Roosters Easts, then call NZ Auckland

Ah dude, we were The New Zealand Warriors back then and we still are now.

JJ

Immortal
NZ Warrior said:
JJ said:

Ah dude, we were The New Zealand Warriors back then and we still are now.

I know that - but we were once the Auckland Warriors, just like the Roosters were once Eastern suburbs - just seemed that RC took to calling everyone the wrong name...

I prefer just the Warriors myself - shouldn't be NZ

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I won't get pedantic. I prefer The Warriors too.

I suppose it's still Cronulla-Sutherland to RC too (not that anyone cares about Cronulla). Typical Roosters supporter, wanker.

JJ

Immortal
NZ Warrior said:
I won't get pedantic. I prefer The Warriors too.

I suppose it's still Cronulla-Sutherland to RC too (not that anyone cares about Cronulla). Typical Roosters supporter, wanker.

nice concise summation.

Forget all the arguements the Salary cap is flawed ,needs to be reworked.
Youv'e got to remember Rugby league is a great marketing commodity if you management cant make $ out of it then F-them off.
Id just like to see talent be rewarded.These guys bust their guts for 10 years, i know rugby league has been in a "Saveing" period but needs to kick on a bit.