What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/08/21/15340_gold-coast-titans.html

THE Brisbane Broncos have poached one of the Gold Coast Titans' most exciting junior prospects in an audacious talent raid ahead of tomorrow's fierce southeast Queensland blockbuster at Suncorp Stadium.

As Titans boss Michael Searle met with Brisbane managing director Bruno Cullen in Brisbane yesterday, the short yet intense history between the two clubs took an intriguing new twist with the revelation Gold Coast SG Ball under-18 player of the year Kurtis Lingwoodock would join the Broncos next season.

Patorick

Staff member
http://taree.yourguide.com.au/news/local/sport/general/once-a-knight-now-a-rooster/1250666.aspx

OLD Bar footballer Boyd Cordner has signed with the Sydney Roosters for the next four years.However, the 16-year-old St Clare’s High School student hasn’t been informed whether he’ll be required in Sydney in 2009.
“There’s a big chance he will still be here next year,’’ Cordner’s father, Chris said this week.
“He’ll head to Sydney probably over Christmas for an off-season training program and we’ll probably know more after that.’’
Cordner has been played in Newcastle’s junior development program for the past two years and his father admits it was a wrench to leave the club.
“Boyd enjoyed it at the Knights,’’ Chris said.
However, the coaching structure at the Roosters was among the lures that enticed him to head to the Tricolours.
At this stage it appears Cordner, a backrower, will play with the Roosters’ SG Ball (under 18) side. However, it is possible that he will still be able to stay at home and meet commitments with the side, at least for next year.
Earlier this season Cordner represented NSW Combined Catholic Colleges at the Australian Schoolboys Championships in Darwin. His elder brother, Dane, was a member of the NSW Combined High Schools side that took out the tournament.
Boyd is currently playing under 16s for Taree Red Rovers in the Group Three Junior League. Rovers meet Port Breakers in the major semi-final at Port Macquarie tomorrow.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/08/21/15340_gold-coast-titans.html

THE Brisbane Broncos have poached one of the Gold Coast Titans' most exciting junior prospects in an audacious talent raid ahead of tomorrow's fierce southeast Queensland blockbuster at Suncorp Stadium.

As Titans boss Michael Searle met with Brisbane managing director Bruno Cullen in Brisbane yesterday, the short yet intense history between the two clubs took an intriguing new twist with the revelation Gold Coast SG Ball under-18 player of the year Kurtis Lingwoodock would join the Broncos next season.

I thought the Titans and Broncos had a gentlemans agreement not to poach from each other?

Pumba

First Grade
Retzlaff re-signs
FORMER Pakuranga Jaguars league junior Herman Retzlaff is staying in Auckland next year, after extending his contract with the New Zealand Warriors last week.

Retzlaff, who has been a regular for the Auckland Vulcans in the New South Wales Cup this year, was added to the NRL club’s 2009 roster while also having an option for 2010.

Link

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
DRAGONS RE-SIGN MATHEW HEAD

The St George Bank Dragons have today agreed to terms with Tigers halfback and local Dragons junior Mathew Head for one season, until the end of 2009.
The Dapto junior made his NRL debut in Round 3 of 2003 against the Raiders and played a total of 57 games for the Dragons through until mid-2007.
Head departed the Dragons in June of 2007 to play with Hull FC in the English Super League before joining the Tigers for season 2008 playing 11 games so far this year.
The 26-year-old is looking forward to being re-united with a number of former team mates.
“It’s exciting to be able to come back to my local junior Club and I’m thankful for the opportunity that the Dragons are giving me,” Head said. “I left the Dragons on good terms knowing that I had to get my confidence back and I believe I’ll be heading back fit and ready for season 2009.”
Along with the signing of Head the Dragons also secured the services of a number of Toyota Cup players as well as two junior players who look to have bright futures in the game.
Hurstville United junior Daniel Fepuleai will remain at the Club for the next two seasons (2010) whilst St George SG Ball Captain Cameron King will stay with the Dragons for three more years (2011).
The Dragons are continuing to produce local juniors and continuing the family ties with Fepuleai’s cousin, 15-year-old Hayden joining the Club until 2011 along with Chase Stanley’s younger brother Jamie (15) agreeing to stay with the Dragons for two seasons.

http://dragons.com.au/index.asp?pageID=101&menuItemID=10&articleID=3154

God-King Dean

Immortal
Not like we'd be paying him much, so I don't think we have anything to lose.

Hope he can have at least 1 year injury free.

Status
Not open for further replies.