What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Munky

Coach
This is the part where Penrith fans disassociate themselves from the fact the Capewell is a rep player and pretend like he's some nuffie that would barely make their NSW cup team, as per the norm when a player is leaving the club

Good luck to him, came as a fringe player and the systems at our club helped him become an Origin winner.

Hopefully we can do the same with some other 'value' players to help fill in the gaps in the squad once JFH gets his well deserved pay day.

soc123_au

Staff member
This is the part where Penrith fans disassociate themselves from the fact the Capewell is a rep player and pretend like he's some nuffie that would barely make their NSW cup team, as per the norm when a player is leaving the club
Nah, I think you will find most of us are supportive of players that have given us good service when they move on. Capewell is a bloody good player, but the salary cap is gunna salary cap. Hopefully he leaves with a premiership ring, probably his last shot at one.

Reactions: JJ

blaza88z

Coach
Nah, I think you will find most of us are supportive of players that have given us good service when they move on. Capewell is a bloody good player, but the salary cap is gunna salary cap. Hopefully he leaves with a premiership ring, probably his last shot at one.

Must be just a Brisbane thing, all the fans on BHQ have done nothing but pretend Xavier Coates is no good since he signed with Melbourne.

Does my head in

soc123_au

Staff member
Must be just a Brisbane thing, all the fans on BHQ have done nothing but pretend Xavier Coates is no good since he signed with Melbourne.

Does my head in
A lot of fans are like that, we have a few as well. Most of them, at least on LU are pretty fair minded about players leaving. If they leave on bad terms or dog it for us before they leave then it's game on. lol.
Even kids that came through the system but couldnt secure a spot usually go with good wishes. Laurie for example gets a lot of praise on the Panthers sub forum.

A lot of fans are like that, we have a few as well. Most of them, at least on LU are pretty fair minded about players leaving. If they leave on bad terms or dog it for us before they leave then it's game on. lol.
Even kids that came through the system but couldnt secure a spot usually go with good wishes. Laurie for example gets a lot of praise on the Panthers sub forum.

Agreed.

I've got no problem with anyone leaving the Dragons, even if it disappoints me that they're leaving... I'll always be thankful for their efforts for my club and wish them all the best....

Unless they bag the club in the process. That actually goes for other clubs too, not mine. To publically badmouth or bag the club that employed them, or anyone within it just does it for me, and says far more about the player than the club itself.

Example of "good" leaving - Cameron McInnes. Example of "bad" leaving - Luciano Leilua.

Tiger5150

Bench
Good luck to him, came as a fringe player and the systems at our club helped him become an Origin winner.

Hopefully we can do the same with some other 'value' players to help fill in the gaps in the squad once JFH gets his well deserved pay day.

No one fills a hole like Kurt

soc123_au

Staff member
Agreed.

I've got no problem with anyone leaving the Dragons, even if it disappoints me that they're leaving... I'll always be thankful for their efforts for my club and wish them all the best....

Unless they bag the club in the process. That actually goes for other clubs too, not mine. To publically badmouth or bag the club that employed them, or anyone within it just does it for me, and says far more about the player than the club itself.

Example of "good" leaving - Cameron McInnes. Example of "bad" leaving - Luciano Leilua.
Yeah. I think most reasonable people are the same. For me players like Peachy, Tamou, Capewell etc will always be held in high regard. Mansour as well even though he got a bit shirty after getting the tap. In his case it's forgivable given the shitty circumstances and his stellar service as a Panther.

Moylan, RCG & Blake not so much. RCG and Moylan (on his day) are still good players though. Blake has genuinely turned to shit.

t-ba

Post Whore

Does my head in

The one I lost my shit over was Watmough.

But that's mainly because he did this on his way out

The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF

The_Frog

First Grade

Does my head in
It was the same when Petero came south chasing the big payday. They were half right on that occasion.

lynx000

Juniors

Does my head in
To be fair, his form has fallen off a cliff, he is not playing well.

lynx000

Juniors
Agreed.

Another example of bad leaving - Jack Bird. Takes his player option, agitates to leave then bags the club on the way out and after, after appearing in 17 games in three seasons on one of the biggest contracts the club has given out.

roofromoz

First Grade
We've signed a lot of players mate, not sure what else they got planned but I wouldn't be thinking it would be many more

Ideally a hooker would be nice but there aren't many good ones around that are looking for a new club

Mitch Kenny is off contract I think but is linked to the Bulldogs.

roofromoz

First Grade

For me the metric is the FB groups and in the main have been quite supportive of Capewell's departure.

Been absolutely losing their shit but on Joey's comments that Penrith can't win the comp without Nathan Cleary.

roofromoz

First Grade

Yeah given Fisher-Harris is about to earn a well deserved upgrade, the cap is likely to squeeze out the likes of Capewell. Also he will be a regular starter in the 13 either in the centres or second row, whilst at Penrith he is definitely in our top 17 but not necessarily starting 13.