What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats to the Dragons

Congratulations to the Dragons fans on a game well played tonightand good luck for the rest of the finals.

Commiserations to all Parra fans whose season has now ended. Not a good year for us but theres always next season.

imported_bronco

Juniors
Well what a terrible night alround for Parramatta fans but I'll give a big thank you to the Dragons for giving the Broncos a week off, just hope it doesn't backfire with a Roosters semi final showdown.

Well, not so terrible for all Parra fans, funnily enough itactually does have some advantages for me.

Anyways BroncoI honestly think you can count on the Roosters ending your season prematurely as well, they are the form side at the moment and Johns or no Johns will take out the Knights easily next week.

imported_bronco

Juniors
I'm worried about the Roosters but I'd much rather say that the Broncos went down to the better side than have the Knights do their dirty work for them.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ididnt realise that Saints winning would see Parra being pushed out until today.

Thanks for the congrats... I took some joy in Saints booting Manly out but got nothing from knowing that Parra were gone.

Thats tough but better luck next year. :)

Next year will be much worse for Parra.We'll be lucky to make the 8.
I'll have a bet with you on that, I've never been one to knock back easy money:p
We will be much stonger next year and far less error prone as the inconsistentchronic offenders havebeen cut. You understimate what we have coming through.

H

Hass

El Dugue. I would be extremely suprised if Parramatta didn't make the Top 4 next year. Assuming that the injury toll isn't as horrendous as it was this year, our best 17 would be...

1. Brett HODGSON
3. Jamie LYON
4. David VAELEKI
5. Jason MOODIE
6. Adam DYKES
7. Paul GREEN (All but signed up on a match payments scheme)
13. Daniel WAGON
12. Danny SULLIVAN
11. Nathan HINDMARSH
10. Mick VELLA
9. John MORRIS
8. Nathan CAYLESS (c)

14.Daniel IRVINE 15. Dean WIDDERS 16. Daniel HECKENBERG 17. David SOLOMONA

With an established halves combination that brings with it a kicking game, Parramatta should have some organisation that can allow their talent to shine. I'm looking towards 2003 with optimism. Despite losing tonight we were at least able to finish the season on a reasonably good note.

Cheers.

HappyRock001

Juniors
A good win to the dragons....yes sad news about Parramatta. At the beginning of the year I tipped a Parramatta versus Bulldogs grand final...oh well thats my two tips dead and buried for this year. Guess Id like to see a Roosters versus Dragons grand final or the knights up there too.Bad news about Johnsy though.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
They're talking about cracked vertabrae for Johns. Hopefully, he'll be ok.

Ryback

Juniors
I believe the Eels will be more consistent next season then 2002. I never believed they were a genuine premiership threat even as far back as a month ago. They will improve in 2003. Comiserations to their fans.
Congratulations to the Dragons. They could do some damage from here on. Godd luck to them.
I hope Joey is okay. Love him or not, he is good for the Knights and the game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I know all too well... fingers crossed the bloke's just got a buggered up back and will back before too long.

imported_bronco

Juniors
The Saints could be a threat to the title from here. If todays result goes to plan then the Saints will be facing a wounded Sharks side next week and you'd back them against the Warriors in Sydney for a place in the Grand Final. Then again they could fall to pieces.

I finding it a bit hard to care about the result of the game now that I know the career of Johns, and the whole Knights game, is on the line at the moment. I have heard that he has three fractures in his back, although I'm still hoping this is wrong.

Anyway, good luck against Cronulla next week, you'll need it, and you might have used up all your luck against the Knights too.

MistyBee9-11

Juniors
I'm with ya Roopy. I was chatting to the missus this morning (she went to bed b4 the Knights/Saiunts game finished) and wanted to know thefate of Parra. However, that didn't matter when we realised the impact of Joey's injury. he is the greatest player of our time, and it will be devestation if he doesn't play again.

Seeing him limp off reminded me vividly of the day Sterlo limped off at Parra Stadium for the last time - you cold have hea\rd a pin drop. full credit to the Knights for putting in big time.

I';ll make this call now -if Ben Kennedy and Nathan Hindmarsh are NOT in the test side then I'll KNOW the game is corrupt!

As for Parra, 2003 will NOT have a crap draw. We WON't have the injuries. Hopefully we WON't have the patheti refereeing of Harrigan ruining games. We MIGHT have Hodgeson coming off with concussion whenever he played Brisbane/Queensland (it's happened 3 times in a row now- hmmm). We will have plenty of youngsters like Tonga, Heckenberg, etc with first garde experience. And we certainly won't be 'the team to beat' LOL

We'll be right.There's premiership in that side yet!!!!

Parra were fantastic tonight. The side just refused to die.

MistyBee9-11

Juniors
Oh, and Willow - thanks for the sportsmanship. Good luck for the rest of the year - if you can keep Ridell from the judiciary you'll do OK.