What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations NSW

On wrapping up Origin.

After winning Game 1 by 5 tries to 3 it was good to see us come out and wrap the series tonight. 5 New South Welshman scored tries as opposed to 2 Quuenslanders.
Since when is Minto (Folau) and Country NSW (Inglis) in QLD.
The only Minto in QLD is Wayne Bennet's son.

hellteam

First Grade
Queensland (24)
Tries: Greg Inglis, Israel Folau, Darren Lockyer, Cameron Smith
Goals: Johnathan Thurston (4/4)

def

New South Wales (14)
Tries: Jarryd Hayne (2), David Williams
Goals: Kurt Gidley (1/3)

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Really?

Does that post make NSW's defeat any sweeter for you?

Any whole Sterling is a Queenslander or Folau is NSW is bollocks. They have chosen to play well for the state they represent. Deal with it. I know what the rules are - but rules like any laws are for a purpose and the purpose was to allow people like Beetson to play for the state they loved more. Folau and Inglis love Queensland more than they do NSW. How is the purpose being broken? You do not need to be Plato to decide its most ethical letting the players choose which state they love.

The series is over - its the fourth in a row - you should be used to it. If it really upsets you - realise how Queenslanders felt in the 1970's. Compassion through forced empathy.

I hope you find peace Manly Preniers. Failing that - get a shrink or drink.

hellteam

First Grade
Really?

Does that post make NSW's defeat any sweeter for you?

Any whole Sterling is a Queenslander or Folau is NSW is bollocks. They have chosen to play well for the state they represent. Deal with it. I know what the rules are - but rules like any laws are for a purpose and the purpose was to allow people like Beetson to play for the state they loved more. Folau and Inglis love Queensland more than they do NSW. How is the purpose being broken? You do not need to be Plato to decide its most ethical letting the players choose which state they love.

The series is over - its the fourth in a row - you should be used to it. If it really upsets you - realise how Queenslanders felt in the 1970's. Compassion through forced empathy.

I hope you find peace Manly Preniers. Failing that - get a shrink or drink.

Well said

Really?

Haha of course, rules are made for a purpose, but then again they should be broken whenever people wish. Thats just ridiculous. Its state of ORIGIN. Can anyone explain to me how we have the situation we do now.
If thats the case hand the Bulldogs the 2002 premiership. The salary cap stop sides poaching, but those players all loved the Bulldogs and wanted to play for them. So why were they penalised?

Why do you people have to keep bringing this topic up? No New South Welshman with a brain has tried to claim Israel Falau as their own...

Inglis - Fair enough- but he didnt even play for a large majority of the match with the only thing he got to do in the game being a soft try which was as much nsw's doing as it was his. Queensland had 5 players with a vommiting and diarhorrea virus less then 24 hours before the match, had two atrocious video ref decisions go against them and suffered onfield injuries left right and centre. NSW had a home ground advantage and a large portion of the second half filled with good opportunities to get ahead but despite all this still lost the match and to say that inglis and falau single handedly won Queensland the match is rubbish.

Many decent NSW supporters have already conceded that the team who should have won did win and in contrast it shows just how much of a sook you are.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
On wrapping up Origin.

After winning Game 1 by 5 tries to 3 it was good to see us come out and wrap the series tonight. 5 New South Welshman scored tries as opposed to 2 Quuenslanders.
Since when is Minto (Folau) and Country NSW (Inglis) in QLD.
The only Minto in QLD is Wayne Bennet's son.

QLD Winners 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009!

All the bitching and moaning won't change the scoreboard champ! :D

Just making yourself look like a sooky little school girl (you probably are anyway).

Suck it up LOSER!

analyst

Juniors
I said it before and ill have to say it again, I dosnt matter where you were born ,it does matter where you played your early rugby league ,If a QLD player born in NSW moved to QLD when we was just 2 years old and played all his early footy in QLD then the state of NSW means nothing to him as far as "footy" goes, that player owes nothing to NSW since the state had nothing to do with his footy life ,thats why the rules are the way they are and it makes sense because why would that player stab QLD in the heart and play for NSW when it was the state of QLD which made him the player he was and where he played all his footy,

now of course there will be some players who would have played some early footy in NSW then some early footy in QLD ,in a situation like that isnt it fair for that player to choose which one he wants to play for? as far as i can see the rules are fair and they make sense, If NSW had won tonight no one would be bringing this up again.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Born? Well, two of yours from last night can match it.

Peter Wallace - Melbourne
Justin Poore - Western Australia

Agreed with the sentiments though. All this pissing and moaning is sour graps, pure and simple.
Yes, they were born in NSW, and I guarantee you that if origin was two sided in terms of media coverage and not just QLD QLD f**ken QLD, they would've played for NSW. Hell I'm sure at one stage in their youth they followed NSW.

As for Wallace and Poore :lol: they can go play for QLD for all I care. In fact, I'd rather they play for QLD ;-)

Bulldog Force

Referee
I said it before and ill have to say it again, I dosnt matter where you were born ,it does matter where you played your early rugby league
The rule itself is f**ked. Why is it your first game from when you're 16 onwards? Why isn't it 17 or 15 for that matter? It should be were you play your first official game of rugby league, not the bloody legal sex age :lol:

miccle

Bench
The rule itself is f**ked. Why is it your first game from when you're 16 onwards? Why isn't it 17 or 15 for that matter? It should be were you play your first official game of rugby league, not the bloody legal sex age :lol:

Pretty sure 16 is the age that you are eligible to play open grade football, rather than being forced to play in the juniors.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Pretty sure 16 is the age that you are eligible to play open grade football, rather than being forced to play in the juniors.
Exactly, it is. THAT rule though needs to change. I'm sure if Inglis and Folau wanted to play for NSW though, no one would stop them. Folau at only 19 when he played origin, spent the first 15 years of his life in NSW, meaning that he would have a pretty big backing if he wanted to play for NSW. As for Inglis, well there is visional proof to see him in a sky blue jersey playing in country NSW when he was 16 years of age. Like I said though, no one seems to enforce the rules these days, otherwise Inglis would be in the sky blue jersey.

analyst

Juniors
I guess bashing refs is getting old ,but to dig this one out of the grave is just as pathetic, how about telling it how it is for once,

NSW's first half was one of the worst if not the worst first half of Origin footy iv ever seen ,to ignore that and instead talk about who was born where again is just being delusional.

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Inglis

His selection in the Queensland squad (along with Israel Folau) caused some controversy. Inglis was born and raised in Kempsey, New South Wales, and played his first senior football in NSW (in the Arrive Alive Cup). League statistician David Middleton believed that Inglis should be playing for NSW.[4] The matter was resolved when the ARL gave Inglis the green light to play for Queensland because it ruled his first senior football was at Wavell High. However, recent investigations have discovered that Inglis played his first senior game for Newcastle's Hunter Sports High School, at the age of 16, and is therefore not eligible to play for Queensland. [5]
One of QLD's best players is playing for the wrong team.

hellteam

First Grade
Wow good one Bulldog force never seen that before!

Queensland (24)
Tries: Greg Inglis, Israel Folau, Darren Lockyer, Cameron Smith
Goals: Johnathan Thurston (4/4)

def

New South Wales (14)
Tries: Jarryd Hayne (2), David Williams
Goals: Kurt Gidley (1/3)