What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Tony Puletua?

BradtheRipper

Juniors
After all the f**king bulldogs drama. Here we are concerned with the image of our game towards women. Respecting female nrl fans etc: Last night tony made an error and yelled out s**t! in disgrace. It was f**king perfect because it was right when the crowd went quiet after the error, and on tv they were going for commercial, so the commentators were quiet for 5 seconds waiting to cut away for the ad break.
We now know the players opinions of women now with the attitude taken by Darren lockyer, the bulldogs players use of "gang-banging is normal for us" and now this. I thought these guys were fairly intelligent, f**king meatheads!

Anyway our game is to damn good and won't even be effected by all this. Can't wait till friday night when you guys play us. Should be great if you bring some form down.

Stay Green!

*Sandy*

First Grade
Geez chill out!
Could the word have been misinterpreted?
Was it aimed at anyone at all or was it just yelled out in exasperation?

I could think of a dozen questions here but it is a very demanding game physically and mentally and if he is focusing on a female fan (as this is the way it is interpreted to me, for you to be hanging him out to dry) in the crowd and not what is happening on the field then we may have a problem with T's focus! :?

choc_soldier

Coach
It happens. Probably not the best thing to happen, but a lot worse happens out there (i.e. players heads nearly getting knocked off by errant forearms).

Big Mick

Referee
f**king hell, like seriously, what is this world coming to, who gives a shit, i bet you have never sworn in your life aye? your such a bloody good christian?

Thats bull, The reason why the game is being in such a crap state lately is because the media is there at everything, and their job is to put everything down, without the huge media influence we have now, we'd hardly hear anything.

10 years ago, maybe even perhaps 5 years ago, Darren Lockyer's comments would have gone unheard of and what was said in a room stayed in a room, now there is that much bloody media around, every little thing a player says or does is exploded, they are human too you know.

Yeah the bulldogs are stupid for what they have done, but a joke and a swear word should not be that big of a deal, If lockyer had said what he said in a pub instead of a function, he would have got laughs from everyone cause its lighthearted and not serious.

mightypanther

Juniors
Being a woman, I can say that I would think NOTHING of seeing a guy
say the word s h i t anywhere........especially on a footy field.

I can think of a lot worse he could have said.

I can tell you that I still dislike it every time the cameras show players
spitting on the field, and yet it happens numerous times in every match.

So be it.......men will be men. BIG DEAL. They ain't playing chess........they're playing footy.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
He just said it in the heat of the moment alot of pressure on him in the match when we were behind, who really cares if he said S HIT.

BradtheRipper

Juniors
For the sake of f**k. He yelled out S L U T! f**king forum censorship. Why would i talk about the bulldogs scandal and be annoyed that he said S H I T, you f**king gobshites.
I love puletua, the panthers and there fans, i was just saying it, like lockyer's comment it was not the time or place. tasteless.
Peace!

Stay Green!

choc_soldier

Coach
Did he say that word? Well, I didn't know... I assumed he said the word hit with a "s" at the front.

Poor choice of words. Don't know why you'd want to say that word in the heat of battle.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I was assuming it was the *lut word considering the mule was carrying on like a crying baby.

And as usual when i ask genuine questions *mules* can never back up and answer them. :roll:

So with that i take it that he doesnt have the foggiest on what `T' said and I will put them in the same class with Melon, Ozzie and Rooster Cogburn where they excel at being total gooses! :lol:

Fibroman

First Grade
Dont lock it yet Lewis, because there is still a few things that need to be discussed on this issue.

It is bloody ridiculous to expect a grown man not to swear when he is under a lot of pressure. The same as it is bloody ridiculous to expect a football player not to make the odd mistake in judgement ( and that is all that Lockyer did ).

Next thing you know, the media will be making a big deal of it, if a player farts or picks his nose out on the field.

Political correctness is the biggest crock of ess haich eye tee I've ever heard of. Put that dog in the far kennel!

PREDATOR

Juniors
BTR you come on here and have a go at T..do you have extra sensory hearing and vision?
How the hell can you know what he said?
I bet if a poll was put up you would be in the minority :roll:
I cant believe i even replied to this crock of $hit..youre a petty little person with too much time on your hands :x

lainey

Juniors
I seem to remember a SOO game where the camera AND microphone were on Mal Meninga and said **ck. Anyone that was watching that broadcast heard it. Was anything really done about that? As Fibro said, it's bloody ridiculous to expect a man under pressure not to swear. I know I've let fly when I'm under pressure and I'm sure most of the other people on here have as well. Tony's only human after all. :?

Meth

Staff member
I'm a Tony Puletua fan.

I'm really struggling to see the distinct connection between the Bulldogs scandal/supposed 'gang bang' culture and Tony Pultetua swearing.

What planet are you on?

Latest posts