What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consistency

John moz

Juniors
Over the years we struggle to make the top 8 .We should be making the 8 every year with the juniors we have but dont give them a go. Clubs like the bulldogs keep poaching our players they seem to be the only sydney club to always make the finals.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think the Dogs have been lucky and have the softest draw. They won about 3 games due to ref blunders (Dragons, Roosters and Titans). The refs tried hard to help them against the Raiders disallowing a try but the Raiders crossed the stripe shortly after. Take the 6 off them and they are 8th or 9th.

I think the Raiders and Titans have played much better footy than them and their squads are mostly made of juniors. I can't get over the Titans halves and how good they are going. Taylor and Roberts (discard from the Knights and a Rookie). Can't believe Saints are not taking note of this. I would be going hard for Jahrome Hughes as he looks to be a player that can have a similar impact to Taylor and Loloheia for next season. Those 2 would be the ideal halves pairing and 1 I would build a team around. You can throw the money they have spent on Benji and Widdop and get change if they get these 2. If you approach them with that line and guarantee them that they will be the starting halves and that they will have a team built around them I can't see them saying no. And Demitriou would know a lot about Hughes' game seeing he was there last year. But hey what would I know....We have Pathways looking after this....Great job they are doing?

dragonreddy

Juniors
Jahrome Hughes signed with Melbourne storm for 2 years about a month ago , and I doubt JD would be directing anyone towards us as he can probably see that he is going to get thrown under the bus by McGregor and Dust.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The Dragons are consistent as follows:-
-Defend poorly.
-Let in 4-6 tries per week if lucky.
-Score 2 tries per week if lucky.
-Drop at least 2 high kicks by the opposition.
-Drop the ball half-a-dozen times.
-Kick out on the full.
-Lose possession by throwing silly passes to
thin air, the opposition, the sideline or the grandstand.
-Miss 50% of kicks for goal.
-Run at opposition players not around them.
-Fail to promote and maintain local juniors under Doust's organic growth policy.
-Appoint former players as coaches without a successful track record.

John moz

Juniors
The Dragons are consistent as follows:-
-Defend poorly.
-Let in 4-6 tries per week if lucky.
-Score 2 tries per week if lucky.
-Drop at least 2 high kicks by the opposition.
-Drop the ball half-a-dozen times.
-Kick out on the full.
-Lose possession by throwing silly passes to
thin air, the opposition, the sideline or the grandstand.
-Miss 50% of kicks for goal.
-Run at opposition players not around them.
-Fail to promote and maintain local juniors under Doust's organic growth policy.
-Appoint former players as coaches without a successful track record.
100% correct.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Thanks John Moz we have to have a sense of humour or we will cry in frustration. I blame the players for the poor play and Mary for not replacing the under achievers with
passionate and high performance players.

Gareth67

First Grade
Over the years we struggle to make the top 8 .We should be making the 8 every year with the juniors we have but dont give them a go. Clubs like the bulldogs keep poaching our players they seem to be the only sydney club to always make the finals.
It is amazing just how many of our players have crossed over the canal to the Bulldogs over the years ! Far too many for a accurate count .
However we also have taken our quota of Dogs . The best of which ( in my humble opinion ) being Mick Potter , at fullback , and also Henry Tatana , who was one tough hombre .
But at present , as you said ,we need to blood some of our up and coming juniors .
And now is the time to do so , as we all now fully realise the season is over , so at the very least , give the younger players some game time , by doing so the season will not be a complete waste .

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
I'm confused by the title of this thread - the 2016 Dragons are the most consistently worst side to pull on the Red V since Albert was in charge.

GKJ79

Juniors
I think the Dogs have been lucky and have the softest draw. They won about 3 games due to ref blunders (Dragons, Roosters and Titans). The refs tried hard to help them against the Raiders disallowing a try but the Raiders crossed the stripe shortly after. Take the 6 off them and they are 8th or 9th.

I think the Raiders and Titans have played much better footy than them and their squads are mostly made of juniors. I can't get over the Titans halves and how good they are going. Taylor and Roberts (discard from the Knights and a Rookie). Can't believe Saints are not taking note of this. I would be going hard for Jahrome Hughes as he looks to be a player that can have a similar impact to Taylor and Loloheia for next season. Those 2 would be the ideal halves pairing and 1 I would build a team around. You can throw the money they have spent on Benji and Widdop and get change if they get these 2. If you approach them with that line and guarantee them that they will be the starting halves and that they will have a team built around them I can't see them saying no. And Demitriou would know a lot about Hughes' game seeing he was there last year. But hey what would I know....We have Pathways looking after this....Great job they are doing?

Bulldogs softest draw??? lol, we played the cowboys, and storm without all their origin players, if we play them with their origin players, you can, -100 more on for and against, and -4 more premiership points which would put us on 16, without our soft draw, we woukd be 3rd last. Funilly enough, Mcgregor forgot to mention that in the last press conference,
Just thought i would add a litte perspective to your post, Slippery Morris.

emu62

Juniors
Bulldogs softest draw??? lol, we played the cowboys, and storm without all their origin players, if we play them with their origin players, you can, -100 more on for and against, and -4 more premiership points which would put us on 16, without our soft draw, we woukd be 3rd last. Funilly enough, Mcgregor forgot to mention that in the last press conference,
Just thought i would add a litte perspective to your post, Slippery Morris.

Agree with you about playing storm & cowboys was soft but from last years top 8, us & cowboys are the only teams who play all other top 8 teams twice. Where as Canberra only play 2 of those teams twice.Hardly seems a level playing field to me

Old Timer

Coach
Agree with you about playing storm & cowboys was soft but from last years top 8, us & cowboys are the only teams who play all other top 8 teams twice. Where as Canberra only play 2 of those teams twice.Hardly seems a level playing field to me
No it's never a level playing field and its not nice when you get the bushy end of the pineapple however at the beginning of the year none of this was problem because according to many on this very forum
We had the players
We had the coach
We were going to improve
We were going to crush, kill, destroy (used to love Lost In Space)
We were top 4 material
Now that we have stopped taking pethadene we have to face up to the pain and the reality

medication time, medication time, medication time

we played the cowboys, and storm without all their origin players, if we play them with their origin players, you can, -100 more on for and against, and -4 more premiership points which would put us on 16, without our soft draw, we woukd be 3rd last. Funilly enough, Mcgregor forgot to mention that in the last press conference,

Hahaha...

Straight Shooter

*But also sad

Dragon Revival

Juniors
It is so sad to see the team try hard but make the same stupid mistakes every week. They
lack focus, skills and speed and look ponderous with one out play. If they had a half decent attack they would win a few games. They have lost Hornby, Soward,
Gasnier, Cooper and Brett Morris who had pace and were all NSW State of Origin players and have not bothered to replace them with players of equal ability but buy lesser players or utilities. Four of the above backs were local juniors who they currently do not encourage, promote or retain such as Bird, Hastings, Linnett, Mansour and Whare. Football Management are stupid and incompetent.
Rein's handling problems should have been
sorted out by now. He either shapes up or they say goodbye to him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As far as the "D" is concerned.

Last year, as I remember, we were fired up defensively due to comments made (I think by Willie Mason) that we were a soft forward pack. when we signed George Rose, I think he took a leadership role, particularly for this comment. George didn't play many games in 1st, but apparently he had them fired up at training.

Fast forward 1 year and our forward pack is struggling with form, consistency and drive. It's obvious to me they lack a leader. Or maybe we should bring Georgie back to the club as a motivator.

Slippery Morris

First Grade

Agree that we played Cows and Storm during Origin my main point is as above. Saints have to play 14 rounds out of 26 against top 8. Dogs have to play something like 9 rounds out of 26. If you go from Round 1 - 14 they have only played Storm and Sharks. Then they play Bronc's after an Origin game when they had a few out. Round 15 Saints have played 7 games against top 4. By the way Dragons lost 36-0 v Cows. What was the score between Dogs and Cows again?

And Saints are 6 points behind them on the ladder. That is only 3 wins.....Hang on I think I just gave Mary another excuse to throw out..........

Dragon Revival

Juniors
On the question of consistency in roster numbers of about 30 players we will probably need to replace the following players in 2017:-
Carr
Creagh
Farrell
Havili
Ikahifino?
Lafai
Lui
Matautia
Rein
Thompson
That adds up to at least 10 players. I wonder what our Pathways gurus are planning? For their information we need a quality centre, hooker, prop and winger from external sources and if we keep our lower grade rising stars we could fill the other 6 vacancies internally. We would be one of the few clubs who have not signed any external players for next year. What are Millward, Haran and the former Manly recruiter up to?
They have not even resigned Dufty and Leilua! Aren't they useless parasites!