What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cook for an origin bench spot

ThingFish

Juniors
What did he say?
Sorry mate, Just pressed enter on that for Trav.

Basically what I said in my last entry is our game plan and why we are going well. Not expansive game play, or on fire forward play, or true grit. Just basically, he didn’t use the word, but sort of cheating.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry mate, Just pressed enter on that for Trav.

Basically what I said in my last entry is our game plan and why we are going well. Not expansive game play, or on fire forward play, or true grit. Just basically, he didn’t use the word, but sort of cheating.
Huh???

Travitoh

First Grade
He was just bitter.

He was crapping on that Sutto and Sam dropped em cold and shouldn't have got penalties. Plus crapping on about us giving penalties away on our line amongst other shit he said I can't remember but the others who heard it may know.

As I said he was just very butthurt in regards to us.
His big points where, we milk penalties to move up field and refs let us get away with it. Then in our 20 we illegally, on purpose, slow the ruck and are prepared to give two away to save six, and refs are letting us. So that’s our game plan.

Basically everything he said is what EVERY club does. But for us it’s whats gotten us to 7-2 since Penrith.

Without a doubt he is right but it could be said about almost anyone. I'm not a fan of it but we aren't the first club to do it and we won't be the last.

ThingFish

Juniors
Without a doubt he is right but it could be said about almost anyone. I'm not a fan of it but we aren't the first club to do it and we won't be the last.
Exactly every club does it. It kinda sounded like he was saying that’s mainly our plan, not expansive footy, or fast play the balls that roll big forwards up field, or gritty defence. Just expoilting refs. Anyway whatever he meant, it just sounded like a whiny biatch, having a sook.

Galeforce

Bench
lol

we get penalties because our players are playing the ball fast and the other team is trying to slow us down.

I do not call giving a penalty away near your line as cheating , I call it stupid ........mostly it is about having one foot on side of the line.especially stupid on the 3rd or 4th tackle. If souths get this out of their game they would win by bigger margins.

thought giving away penalties near their line , has beenRoosters main strategy for last couple of years , even "blind Freddie" could see this , however do not recall Fittler calling this strategy out with a hint of cheating.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
He will be in blue but I think McInnes will too unless he slips dramatically in the next 2 wks---I don't think the NSW selectors are confident of either playing 80 mins in the SOO cauldron!!
Did anyone see NRL 360 tonight? Greg Alexander said that the hooker has been picked! If you read between the lines I'd say it's Cookie!!

southsport

First Grade
Did anyone see NRL 360 tonight? Greg Alexander said that the hooker has been picked! If you read between the lines I'd say it's Cookie!!
I think that might be the case, they interviewed McInnes on Ch7 news and he said that he hasn't been approached by or spoken to Fittler.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Both Cam and Cookie deserve it , want be wrong if either get it.
I disagree.

Cam doesn't deserve it. He doesn't have the pace or X factor to surprise QLD. His passes are reasonable but not fast and crisp. He has been giving away silly penalties lately too.

Cookie is dynamite with fast and crisp passes plus like lightning. His big improvement has been his defence too. Also past 5 times we have played the Dragons Cookie has outplayed him each time.

Cam is in quite good form but but isn't on the same class level Cookie is. He doesn't have the running in him! Plus he throws forward passes every week and gets away with them.

thebrow

Juniors
Cam’s played at a consistently high level from 18 months now , Cook for 10 games. Cook has been electric this year and I think that will sell it to Fittler , but Cam deserves it if he gets it.

doyen

Bench
Cam’s played at a consistently high level from 18 months now , Cook for 10 games. Cook has been electric this year and I think that will sell it to Fittler , but Cam deserves it if he gets it.

I can't believe the improvement in Cook's game under Seibs!
He has been playing very well indeed; "in his fashion"------whether he will be ready for SOO after a handful of starting games remains to be seen!
He is very fit & dedicated--they don't call him "Mr Pro" for nothing.
If the selector's pick Vaughan,de Belin,Frizzell & Sims;that combo,one would think,would be best served by McInnes!!
I believe McInnes & Cook are pretty even with what they bring to the table---which one is best suited for SOO--- & which one is the bigger risk!!???

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mcturtle was poor in the run home last year. Really let them down!

I wouldn't say he's played at a high level for that long.

Last year all he did was tackle pretty much and not much more.

It's clear to me and I can tell you don't like Cookie. Second player you aren't keen on I keen see. Not sure why, Cookie is a member favourite amongst nearly all our members if you're at at games at ANZ you can clearly see that.

I believe we made the right choice in letting Mcturtle go and keeping Cookie. Genius move

Past 5 times he has played Mcturtle every time he has outplayed him with flying colours....

Latest posts