What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper in, Gower and Ryan Gone.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
bad luck for gower. good to see another go forward player in o'meley being picked. and I expect to see barrett at lock, but in attack we may see the situation of johns/barrett playing halves with both locky and mini chipping in from behind

Mr Saab

Referee
Bennett is not the sole selector Rammo when it came to the 23 players.
I dont think he has that much sway that he could "stand over" people like Fulton and McCarthy.. I dont think they are "yes" men when it came to the selection table 2 weeks ago.
People have it in their mind that Bennett does it all on Tour....coach, selector, Dr, Physio, and trainer.
I am suprised Bennett hasnt copped the blame for Tahu injuring his hammy!!!!!!!!

Rammo

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
Bennett is not the sole selector Rammo when it came to the 23 players.
I dont think he has that much sway that he could "stand over" people like Fulton and McCarthy.. I dont they they are "yes" men when it came to the selection table.
People have it in their mind that Bennett does it all on Tour....coach, selector, Dr, Physio, and trainer.
I am suprised Bennett hasnt copped the blame for Tahu injuring his hammy!!!!!!!!

Off topic quickly,

Charlie, what is your view on Bennett's sackings of his coaching staff?

Mr Saab

Referee
perfectly happy with it.
Belcher was not a trainer...he is not in the class of a Billy Johnstone, Scott Campbell, or Kelvin Giles. I heard rumblings that the players didnt like his methods.
Kevin Walters...i am happy that he is gone as i didnt think he was up to it with regards to coaching, and thats what he was groomed for. I didnt want another Nathan Brown fiasco. I dont want an ex player coaching the team.
If and when Bennett goes i would like either Bellamy to come back...or Henjak can take over.
As for Lazo...meh....no real opinion there.

Rammo

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
perfectly happy with it.
Belcher was not a trainer...he is not in the class of a Billy Johnstone, Scott Campbell, or Kelvin Giles. I heard rumblings that the players didnt like his methods.
Kevin Walters...i am happy that he is gone as i didnt think he was up to it with regards to coaching, and thats what he was groomed for. I didnt want another Nathan Brown fiasco. I dont want an ex player coaching the team.
If and when Bennett goes i would like either Bellamy to come back...or Henjak can take over.
As for Lazo...meh....no real opinion there.

Fair enough,

I disagree, but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Bad luck for Gower, he was great last saturday. I can see why he picked Barrett though as he could play center (better than Gower anyways) if we get another injury in the outside backs. Just hope Buderus doesn't get injured now or else Waterhouse may find himself out of position again this time at dummy half ;-)

Mr Saab

Referee
Rammo said:
Fair enough,

I disagree, but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

thats fine..

so what is your opinion on the broncos and the coaching situation??

aids

Bench
price, civex, taaaaait and gower were the only guys who looked good in attack on weekend.

price and petrol deserve there spots, moving tait to the wing makes sense
dropping gower is insane

barret should have been used at 5.8 or lock.
not of fthe bench

actually an attacking combo of barret and gower wouldn't be a bad option.

aussies1st

Staff member
Pretty good team, I still think it lacks a impact hooker. Bedrus can play the 80 but he won't have that extra spark that we use to get from Wing at the back ends of the halves.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm surprised Gower's not there.

Particularly considering how poor Trent Barrett played for the Kangaroos Invitational squad. The proverbial defensive judder bar and did SFA with ball in hand.

Kiwi

First Grade
If Buderus gets injured, Johns will move to hooker and Barrett to 7, problem solved. If a centre or winger goes down Barrett will move to centre, only if Mini goes down in a blaze of glory will Lockyer move back there.

Australia were a different team with Gower on the field.

Im looking at the lineup and Im seeing alot of the same old players that failed miserably last week.

Rammo

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
thats fine..

so what is your opinion on the broncos and the coaching situation??

That Bennett is using his coaching panel as scapegoats for his own mishaps.

He made the right call when he quit the QLD coaching job to focus on the Broncos, at that stage, I thought a Broncos premiership was just around the corner.

Then he goes and takes the Australian job, it's clear that the guy has a massive ego and cannot help but coach rep sides, even if the performance of his own club side suffers.

0 premierships since 2000, for Broncos standards, a drought is beginning to form, they need a complete overhaul, and Bennett has to go.

Snoop

Coach
They at least made the finals and led the league for a long time. What excuse do last years grandfinalists have? Should Folkes and Stuart go?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it can only be a rotation policy that sees Gower dropped, so I expect to see him back

Ryan being dropped was not surprising, with Hindy being available in England, we may not see Bobcat again

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good team. Gower was a bit of a surprise, however I am pretty happy about it becuase I really feel he was lucky to play the first game anyway. Barrett can cover hooker, halfback, 5/8, centre. Much more versatile!

Latest posts