What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copley Out of Season 2013

redbur95

Juniors
Bad News!

(This is from news.com.au. I still can't post links yet.)

BRISBANE'S premiership campaign has been rocked with winger Dale Copley ruled out for the entire 2013 NRL season due to a knee injury.
Copley was carried from the field on a stretcher just 18 minutes into last night’s 16-14 trial loss to the Gold Coast at Redcliffe with a suspected patella tendon injury in his right knee.
Scans today confirmed the club’s worst fears and the 21-year-old will have surgery on his right knee on Thursday.
It was a bitter blow for Copley as he also missed the final eight games of 2012 with a broken leg.
“Thanks for all the concerned messages last night. Have had scans and am booked in for surgery on Thursday. Focus my attention to 2014 now,” Copley tweeted.
With ex-Test winger Jharal Yow Yeh still ruled out indefinitely with his broken ankle, it is a huge blow to the Broncos as they prepare for the 2013 season without two of their outside strike weapons.
The club also lost Kiwi Test winger Gerard Beale to the Dragons in the off season and will now rely upon inexperienced wingers for the start of their NRL season.
The injury news for Copley further justifies the club’s decision three weeks ago to offer a career lifeline to Denan Kemp.
Kemp scored a try in last night’s trial loss, and along with Lachlan Maranta, Delroy Berryman and Jordan Kahu, is pushing for a round one start against Manly.
“We just lost Dale which is heartbreaking for the guy because he is such a good bloke and great player and he just seems to get so many unlucky injuries,” Kemp said.

While I was never a fan of Copley's, I was looking forward to seeing how he had improved this season. Now the purchase of Kemp seems even more valuable.

I think the wings for Round 1 will consist of Maranta and Kemp.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

ggmu

Juniors
Bad News!

(This is from news.com.au. I still can't post links yet.)

While I was never a fan of Copley's, I was looking forward to seeing how he had improved this season. Now the purchase of Kemp seems even more valuable.

I think the wings for Round 1 will consist of Maranta and Kemp.

Thoughts?

Looks like a safe bet. What about Kahu? He any chance of a wing spot?

redbur95

Juniors
Looks like a safe bet. What about Kahu? He any chance of a wing spot?

Kahu's a natural utility - he can play comfortably at fullback, centre or five-eighth, so I'm sure he'd have no problem slotting in on the wing. Most centres can.

ggmu

Juniors
Kahu's a natural utility - he can play comfortably at fullback, centre or five-eighth, so I'm sure he'd have no problem slotting in on the wing. Most centres can.

Would like to see him playing first grade this year. After all the bad luck he has had over the last few years.

qld aussie

Juniors
Damm shame for Copley would of like to have seen him given a run in the centers. I wouldn`t hold my breath for Kahu playing wing after the way he hobbled out of redcliff.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah this is really bad news. Both for Copley and the Broncos. Have we ever been this skinny in the backs?

I'd say Maranta and Kemp will be the wingers for round 1. Maranta has NRL experience and Kemp was the best of the wingers in the trial game.

Although Berryman won't be too far behind, given that he started ahead of Kemp in the trial.

Kahu needs a bit of QLD cup experience under his belt imo.

Goes without saying the the line-up for the last trial will give a very good indication of what Hook is thinking.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sad for Dale, BUT I feel we should be looking for better wingers, Kemp's season when he was with Brisbane was 100 times what Dale Copley has produced, SO assuming Kemp is fit I don't see this as bad news for Brisbane. It is bad news for Copley and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Bretto

Bench
Sad for Dale, BUT I feel we should be looking for better wingers, Kemp's season when he was with Brisbane was 100 times what Dale Copley has produced, SO assuming Kemp is fit I don't see this as bad news for Brisbane. It is bad news for Copley and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Agreed. I always liked Kemp, and even rated him too. I still remember the Parramatta try on the full time siren off the Lockyer kick like it was yesterday. He always had good speed and footwork.

b4l

Juniors
Agreed. I always liked Kemp, and even rated him too. I still remember the Parramatta try on the full time siren off the Lockyer kick like it was yesterday. He always had good speed and footwork.

Piss off. You had a major stiffy for Copley.
Quick to hop off the bandwagon! You loser LOL

beads6

First Grade
I think we should be looking to sign Kalifa Faifai Loa or another decent back who can;t get a shot at their club. Our backline is terrible.

Bretto

Bench
I think we should be looking to sign Kalifa Faifai Loa or another decent back who can;t get a shot at their club. Our backline is terrible.

Faifai Loa is defintiely a finisher, and quick as hell to boot.

Latest posts