What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cordoba, Hayne doubt

Cordoba, Hayne doubt Brad Earl
24Jul07
WITH Sunday's match against Manly at Parramatta Stadium looming as a sell-out, two injuries have emerged out of Monday's bruising 20-16 away win over the Brisbane Broncos.

Before the Advertiser went to press on Tuesday, coach Michael Hagan said prop Josh Cordoba (possible fractured eye socket) and fullback Jarryd Hayne (hand injury) were being examined.
Centre Ben Smith was also having x-rays after suffering a broken nose early on and continually needing strapping throughout the game to stop it bleeding.
``Hopefully it's nothing too serious, although he has had his nose broken a couple of times this year,'' Hagan said.
``His modelling career looks like it's over.''
Winger Eric Grothe, who was a late scratching with a hip flexor injury - replaced by Joel Reddy, who'd played Premier League two days earlier was also having scans yesterday.
But Hagan was confident of Grothe being back this week, along with back-rower Chad Robinson after a dose of flu.
Sunday's game is a key one second (Manly) v third (Parramatta) but it's also personal for the home supporters.
Jamie Lyon will make his return to the club since quitting at the start of the 2004 season.
While he played against the Eels for the first time in the Sea Eagles' 22-12 home win in round nine, Parra fans have been waiting a long time to vent their fury at him.
NRL TEAM: 1 Jarryd Hayne, 2 Kris Inu, 3 Ben Smith, 4 Timana Tahu, 5 Eric Grothe, 6 Brett Finch, 7 Tim Smith, 8 Nathan Cayless (c), 9 Mark Riddell, 10 Fuifui Moimoi, 11 Nathan Hindmarsh, 12 Ian Hindmarsh, 13 Feleti Mateo; 14 PJ Marsh, 15 Josh Cordoba, 16 Chad Robinson, 17 Aaron Cannings, 18 Weller Hauraki
NOT CONSIDERED: Luke Burt, Daniel Wagon, Blake Green

http://www.parramattaadvertiser.com.au/article/2007/07/24/938_sports.html

fish eel

Immortal
hineyrulz said:
But theres nothing wrong with Hayne, he took a dive remember. DR Benny said so :roll:

except Jake's article says he is in doubt with a hand injury

strider

Post Whore
clearly jarryds hand rebounded into his own head and knocked himself out ... case closed

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought Cordoba looked a bit dusty on Monday,

I mean we cant afford to go into the game one less prop, but Im sure Hauraki or Robinson will sort of fill that role

dazeely

First Grade
forward pass said:
Apparently Lyon is in doubt too!!! What a shock !

all jokes aside but are you serious.

that f**king weak piece of sh*t.

btw f**k I hate Manly and every little thing about them. :x

Glenn

First Grade
dazeely said:
all jokes aside but are you serious.

that f**king weak piece of sh*t.

btw f**k I hate Manly and every little thing about them. :x

Apparently hasn't trained this week, coincidence or not. :-k :lol:

caylo

Bench
WA Eel said:
Jamie Lyon has had a reoccurence of an old injury - he's pulled a heartlage.

You need a heart for that. It's like pulling a hamstring with no legs, not possible

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Suitman said:
I reckon we should all go to the Manly forum and troll en masse. :lol:

Suity

I personally wouldn't waste my time and I don't want to take a chance of getting a virus from the site.
Maybe he is missing home again and decided to go home for the weekend.

Latest posts