What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

Crush

Coach
If Norman is signed today does that mean Widdop gets early release to go back to ESL?
Or does it mean we have both Widdop and Norman in our team 2019?
If the latter, where do they all play?

If Norman comes, Widdop will play fullback and Mat Dufty goes to ISP.

Would play Norman off the bench.

Can’t see Widdop leaving immediately, however sometimes these types of matters snowball and stranger things have happened.

Can’t see Widdop leaving immediately, however sometimes these types of matters snowball and stranger things have happened.

Sorry, meant to say wouldn’t play Norman off the bench.

Too many bad social signs for me.

We have a very good group of blokes, we don’t need a disruptive influence.

Excellent player on his day, no consistency probably due to the company he keeps.

Better suited to Cronulla :))

BLM01

First Grade

I believe,
Norman comes Widdop goes.19 or 20, if at all 2020
Norman only comes in 2020 if Moses stays at Parra. They wont lose both.
Moses wanted by a couple of clubs so no Norman to Dragons...next?
Mann stays a Dragon in 19
Back to where we started a month ago..for now

Crush

Coach

If that happens then I reckon Dufty will ask for a release and get snapped up by one of the weaker NRL teams to play fullback.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Don't get the love for this signing if it happens. He's never been consistently good and considering Hunt has consistency issues, could be a disastrous combination. He's especially done f**k all over the past 4 years with Parra (granted, it's Parra) so much so that their fans are willing to pack his bags and drive him to Woolongong!
If he does sign, I wish him well and hope he excels behind our pack. But yeah, hugely sceptical about his ability to perform over a season.

hazzbeen

Bench
If Norman is signed today does that mean Widdop gets early release to go back to ESL?
Or does it mean we have both Widdop and Norman in our team 2019?
If the latter, where do they all play?
Thinking the same mate ....

ouryears

Bench
I believe,
Norman comes Widdop goes.19 or 20, if at all 2020
Norman only comes in 2020 if Moses stays at Parra. They wont lose both.
Moses wanted by a couple of clubs so no Norman to Dragons...next?
Mann stays a Dragon in 19
Back to where we started a month ago..for now
I think parra gave Norman the ok to look around, looking to move him on

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree with Coffs , too many downsides to this bloke and in my view no where near as accomplished player as Widdop is .

He , Widdop made such a difference when he returned from injury late this season , although he left the field early in the 2nd half it was his crisp passing that set-up tries for Simms and Masoe and put the Dragons on the road to victory.

Norman is not up to the same standard as Gareth Widdop and with his penchant for nocturnal affairs would be a big risk to the Dragons just as Hayne would had been . He needs to improve immensely in both aspects before I would consider him as a possible replacement for our current number 6 .

possm

Coach
Mary has no plan B!! So how the hell can he convert a player with Drug possession conviction, Sex tape star and serial party animal boozer that mixes in the circle of dodgy Bookies!
Sure he's been a weapon for the Eels......a weapon of mass destruction!!
Sorry but it's multiple red flags for my liking!

Mary is no leader and won't have much to do with keeping Norman focused. It will be our CEO, Coyne and the player leadership team who will do the job; and I believe it will be done well.

If Widdop is not leaving in 2019, Mann surely will be released. If Dufty is being kept at fullback and Widdop at five-eighth then it may be Norman at left centre in defence and a 3rd halves partner out wide in attack. Could be a very effective and dangerous move that has the possibility of many game plan variations.

So, if Widdop's should does not scrub up or if Dufty's game in defence and positional play does not improve, Norman would seem to be the ideal backup player. In addition it gives our NRL team the option of playing Robson off the bench in a triangle role which was done so well by Dean Young in 2009 - 2010.

possm

Coach
I agree with Coffs , too many downsides to this bloke and in my view no where near as accomplished player as Widdop is .

He , Widdop made such a difference when he returned from injury late this season , although he left the field early in the 2nd half it was his crisp passing that set-up tries for Simms and Masoe and put the Dragons on the road to victory.

Norman is not up to the same standard as Gareth Widdop and with his penchant for nocturnal affairs would be a big risk to the Dragons just as Hayne would had been . He needs to improve immensely in both aspects before I would consider him as a possible replacement for our current number 6 .

If Widdop wants out then we must find a player who can run the team. Norman is currently the best player available. It will be up to management and the senior players to keep Norman focussed on and off the field.