What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

Old Timer

Coach
Norman was a dud signing and whilst he will give some enigmatic performances they will all be very small cameos and he will prove incapable of sustaining good form for an entire game let alone the majority of the season.
Hard work and discipline will be his achilles.
When we try to offload him we will find no one willing to take him because he is on overs so we either pay the gap or keep him.
People trying to pump up his tyres are going to be bitterly disappointed in the end.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Norman was a dud signing and whilst he will give some enigmatic performances they will all be very small cameos and he will prove incapable of sustaining good form for an entire game let alone the majority of the season.
When we try to offload him we will find no one willing to take him because he is on overs so we either pay the gap or keep him.
People trying to pump up his tyres are going to be bitterly disappointed in the end.
I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see him play a few rounds but looking at his off season compared to some of the other guys it doesn’t fill me with confidence. I would have thought with making origin this year plus 2 near spoons in a row this would be a do or die season for him and he’d really focus on trying to have the season of his life, he seems to care more about partying and YKTR than he does performing for his club that’s for sure.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I believe if Norman was made halfback and given the keys to run the team, we would see the best of Norman and the rest of the team would benefit. Hunt would be better off at 5/8, being able to attack and play what he sees in front of him, without the pressure to control the game. I believe Norman is one of the best game managing halfbacks in the comp.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see him play a few rounds but looking at his off season compared to some of the other guys it doesn’t fill me with confidence. I would have thought with making origin this year plus 2 near spoons in a row this would be a do or die season for him and he’d really focus on trying to have the season of his life, he seems to care more about partying and YKTR than he does performing for his club that’s for sure.
He can still party and play footy, as long as he doesn't get caught. Before he got caught with pills on him and then suspended for the rest of the season, he was playing the best footy of his career. Maybe he stopped partying and his form declined? Andrew Johns also showed you can party and still be a great player. I hear that many first grade footballers party. I remember reading/hearing Gordon Tallis say that many players were partying on an Australian tour of England. Tallis didn't approve of it either.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He can still party and play footy, as long as he doesn't get caught. Before he got caught with pills on him and then suspended for the rest of the season, he was playing the best footy of his career. Maybe he stopped partying and his form declined? Andrew Johns also showed you can party and still be a great player. I hear that many first grade footballers party. I remember reading/hearing Gordon Tallis say that many players were partying on an Australian tour of England. Tallis didn't approve of it either.
Yeah that’s why I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, I’m the same myself I need to travel and fully switch off from work to maintain the rage. It could go both ways, and he has moved to the Gong which is a positive step. He does seem though not as hyper competitive as Joey though, he’d be an awesome mate to hang out with but I do have some reservations about him. Hope I’m wrong and will be more than happy if I am.

Old Timer

Coach
Benefit of the doubt you say, well he will be 29 years of age and in his 11th season of NRL by the time the season proper starts so how can there be any doubt as to what we will get?
Are people suggesting that Mc Fookknuckle will be able to get something out of Norman that no one else has been able to?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Benefit of the doubt you say, well he will be 29 years of age and in his 11th season of NRL by the time the season proper starts so how can there be any doubt as to what we will get?
Are people suggesting that Mc Fookknuckle will be able to get something out of Norman that no one else has been able to?
No I don't think that that at all, it is a nice way of me saying that I think he's probably a dud but I hope im wrong.

slippery5

Juniors
Didn't you hear, since coming to the Dragons McNoides turned him into a SOO player !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coffs dragon

Bench
I agree OT and still believe he's severely overrated & over paid . A panic crap signing to cover Gaz Widdop. Between Norman and Mary they can lead us all the way....to the cellar!

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
I believe if Norman was made halfback and given the keys to run the team, we would see the best of Norman and the rest of the team would benefit. Hunt would be better off at 5/8, being able to attack and play what he sees in front of him, without the pressure to control the game. I believe Norman is one of the best game managing halfbacks in the comp.

Well said Frank I think that would work

Dragonsamy

Bench
Norman is the type of player who on his day can be best half in the comp but for some reason switches on and off. He was pretty filthy with his form last year and has stated so which I am hoping he makes a statement in 2020 to prove us all wrong. Very capable of doing so but only if he wants to.

Agree Slippery he is sometimes to layed back for his own good, need to get some of jimmy Graham mongrel and passion

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

You’re drawing an extremely long bow comparing Norman to Johns.

Belta

Juniors
You’re drawing an extremely long bow comparing Norman to Johns.

Not sure Frank Facer is saying that, I feel he is making a point. I think he is saying that the party hard players can often perform on the field. I’m sure Johns is not the only living example of this. I also agree with this, it’s only my opinion, but if I was to single out one deficiency in the Dragons of late it would be that they don’t seem to be turning up for each other. To me this doesn’t happen until you form mate-ships with your fellow players. This used to be done with drinking sessions but as we know this can be fraught with danger.

Crush

Coach
Not sure Frank Facer is saying that, I feel he is making a point. I think he is saying that the party hard players can often perform on the field. I’m sure Johns is not the only living example of this. I also agree with this, it’s only my opinion, but if I was to single out one deficiency in the Dragons of late it would be that they don’t seem to be turning up for each other. To me this doesn’t happen until you form mate-ships with your fellow players. This used to be done with drinking sessions but as we know this can be fraught with danger.
I think these days a lot of players aren't necessarily big drinkers, I think the likes of Norman are more likely into recreational drugs. I'm speculating obviously, I don't know Corey Norman at all.

Belta

Juniors
I think these days a lot of players aren't necessarily big drinkers, I think the likes of Norman are more likely into recreational drugs. I'm speculating obviously, I don't know Corey Norman at all.

Well Crush, I think it’s fair to say that ones more than speculation. There has been speculation that a bad apple can spoil the crop or atleast affect it in a bad way, but I’m looking to positives as from round one we are equal with the leaders.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The issue for me is not wether Norman can play, its the consistancy side that worries me. He tends to he at his best with a dominant go forward, fast play the balls and having a running half back. Without these he is, lets say lost at what to do.

Another point here is we have aging halves, Nornan is 28 and signed to 2021, Hunt will be 30 in March and still has 3 (or 4) more years on his contract.

I wonder how young Sullivan fjts into the grans plan if our supercoach?